• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka or Badrock

Smoov82

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 5, 2018
Villa Grove IL
Tikka t3x tac A1 6.5 Creedmoor

Or

Badrock South Fork Production 6.5 Creedmoor

Can one go wrong with either option?

Thanks

If you're planning on doing prefits down the road, I would do Tikka. The Bedrock uses a variant of the Tenacity action but with a coned nose bolt and unless someone is making prefits (none that I know - similar issue w/ Vergara) you are going to have to pay a smith to rebarrel it. On the other hand the BadRock/Tenacity is a Rem700 pattern action with all it's support... just my $.02

There are several gunsmiths besides Bergara that rebarrel the coned nosed actions now and if anyone has a problem I'm sure that Badrock/Defiance will be able to point them in the right direction. First choice as to accuracy would remain the Badrock for its Defiance custom heritage and for being the 700 footprint which is a shared trait with the Bergara besides the coned bolt nose.

Reactions: Defiance Machine
Badrock Precision is going to cost you more but as others have said you get what you pay for. That being said I have a Tikka in .308 and it will shoot with any rifle on the range out to 600 - 700 yards. All stock with exception of stock (hate those plastic stocks). When I got mine there was not all the options for after market stuff, now the sky is the limit.

Still doing some research on this. And the more research I do, the more options I find. GAP PPR seems to be another option but doesn’t come in 6.5cm? MPA Production?

Bushnell DMR2 Pro?

I’d like to keep budget under $4k. Which lead me to think I’d shoot Production Class. Reading more up on Production Class I’ve heard just as many bad things as good. I feel like I’m just working myself in a circle. I won’t be hardcore into this hobby but will do my fair share of shooting. I have land to shoot on. And 15 min away there are some guys who own land and compete that I know. So not sure where I’ll end up. But I do know when I had my RPR I love this sport.

Any info and guidance is much appreciated.

Thanks!

Listening to “Everyday Sniper” Podcast episode 230 from Sunday this morning at work. Marc and Frank talking about gear chasing. Just keep it simple! Just don’t want to make a mistake.

Thanks!

Almost went with a tikka t3 tac a1, but then I came across the badrock rifles. For a few hundred bucks different it’s a no brainer.

made one call to badrock. Placed my order and it just recently showed up, and it’s nicer than I expected for the money.

edit: ftr I haven’t shot it yet as I’m waiting on scope rings. I was strictly speaking of the fit/finish, smoothness of action etc.

Attachments

• 000B4952-F8DF-407D-A3BF-D4C4EFC59ED8.jpeg
    000B4952-F8DF-407D-A3BF-D4C4EFC59ED8.jpeg
    279.6 KB · Views: 134
If you're planning on doing prefits down the road, I would do Tikka. The Bedrock uses a variant of the Tenacity action but with a coned nose bolt and unless someone is making prefits (none that I know - similar issue w/ Vergara) you are going to have to pay a smith to rebarrel it. On the other hand the BadRock/Tenacity is a Rem700 pattern action with all it's support... just my $.02
There are bunches of gunsmiths that can do profit barrels for coned bolt actions. I've had many barrels chambered for BAT actions with coned bolts and never sent the action any where. I would think the Defiance action holds the same tolerances across all of them as well.

Reactions: JeffLebowski
Absolutely couldn't be happier with my BadRock. As far as 'down the road', is Defiance going somewhere I don't know of? As a BadRock owner, I can tell you Defiance will be the one and only phone call I'll need to make when it's time for a new barrel.

That BadRock is a nice looking rifle for the money. I'd consider ordering one when they are back up and producing again. I had called them to inquire and nothing is going to be built for a few weeks, I'll try again next month.

Ordered April 6th and picked mine up last night. Give them a call.