• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

tikka stock

DrummerRa

Private
Minuteman
Jan 20, 2012
Oklahoma
ok so i have a tikka t3 lite in .308 i am wanting to get a tactical stock. does anyone know where i can get one?

Re: tikka stock

im in the same boat as you OP. Love the tikka and got it for a great price.

Manners makes a drop-in T4 that is custom made for the Tikka. Here's a pic of my 300WM:

IMG_0141crop.jpg

Here's a pic of my .260 in a Rem 700 SA T2 stock, that Tom reworked to fit the Tikka action. It's not nearly as nice in the fit department as the T4, but I prefer the T2 to the T4 and Tim @ BlackOps Precision worked his magic on it and it now looks like the action grew out of the stock.

IMG_0774.jpg

John

those are some nice looking guns. if you don't mind me asking what kind of bi pod are you using?

i've looked at manners but i din't know much about them. they look really nice tho. i'll look at them a lil harder when i am getting ready to buy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: frankythefly</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Get the KRG W3C best Chassis for the T3! </div></div>

I agree get the KRG Whisky 3 Chassis.

Here is mine:

4mjjc.jpg

I almost bought the KRG, but a week before I was to get it I changed my mind and got the XLR chassis from XLR Industries. I don't regret my choice.
6663037577_161ff383f9_b.jpg

6663035743_915fe7ee20_b.jpg

Looks like everybody covered the bases for drop-ins. McMillan also inlets the A2, A3 and A5 stocks for the T3 but you will want to get it bedded. These are your main options between:

- TRG style (KRG W3C)
- Classic style (McMillan or Manners)
- Tube gun (XLR)

Something to consider is mags in case you do or do not want to use AICS or OEM mags. The XLR and W3C are both built around the AICS mags. The Manners accepts OEM mags.

If you want to use AICS otherwise, you will have to pay extra for CDI bottom metal + inletting.

The chassis systems come with a built in "mag well" to accept AICS magazines. The Manners/McMillian require an aftermarket DBM to accept AICS mags, or you can stick with the plastic stuff.

If you look at the pics of my two rifles, the 300WM has the OEM plastic (no one makes a LA DBM for the Tikka
mad.gif
), the .260 has the CDI with a 5 round AICS mag in it.

Inletting is the process of opening up the stock to allow either an action or DBM to fit. Often they are then bedded into place using Devcon or another epoxy.

John

So what would you recommend if I want to drop my Tikka Lite 223 in a stock that is still light enough my my 13 year old son, but has a DBM that is capable of taking the AICS mag?

Most of the chassis systems are pretty heavy, not to mention kinda snaggy. Talk to Tom @ Manners about doing a special inlet into something like a SL, T or T3 in 90% carbon. MacMillian offers similar but I don't do business with them. Then get the CDI DBM and that should be a lot lighter than the chassis system. That will weigh 8.5-9 'ish lbs. with a normal hunting scope setup.

If all that is too expensive or complicated, you *could* just inlet the OEM stock for the CDI DBM... I have one of my OEM stocks pillar bedded for my 300WM action for hunting season and it still weighs in at 8 lbs. full up., but that's with the plastic bottom plate and mag.

John

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DesertHK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So what would you recommend if I want to drop my Tikka Lite 223 in a stock that is still light enough my my 13 year old son, but has a DBM that is capable of taking the AICS mag? </div></div>

I'd agree with John re: Manners 90% carbon or McMillan edge. If weight is an issue & use uncertain, the best option is going to be keep it as as until he fills out a little more and you figure out what fits his size & tastes. The Tikka stock already fits small guys great.

I'd have to agree with John and Hamstur also. The total weight of my XLR chassis and Tikka weighs in at 15 lbs. on my bathroom scale. It's not a problem for me because I mostly shoot it off a bench or prone.

Hi guys, i'm also choosing stock for my Tikka T3 tactical .308
Looking for XLR and Pete's Roedale stocks as want it with folding stock.
So at the moment focusing on XLR mostly.
Any other options like that?
Eberlestock started making stocks but not sure they make for T3 and price is double of XLR

Our Whiskey-3 Chassis and the XLR are about the only chassis style options you can actually get right now. For conventional stocks there's the Manners option which is a nice stock. Thanks,
Justin

_DSC6711.jpg

_DSC6722.jpg

fixed RCS II stocks can be converted to the folding version by the end user. The folding rear end and folding model of the shelf is a couple of months out yet. But we will be offering user friendly conversion kits as a standard accessory upgrade as soon as possible.

Pete

Pete,

We've seen the (unfortunate) drama in your other thread, so had a question a bout this. Glad you popped in here. How long should a guy have to wait realistically if he ordered one of these from the States today and without going to your site and doing currency conversion minus VAT what would he pay in dollars?

John

You can try Hemlick Arms. I believe he has come up with a tactical stock for the tikka now. He was not finished with it when I bought my stock from him and I picked up the varmint w/thumb hole. Not a bad stock at all, much better then the stock that come with the tikka.

John.

Black and FDE. Right and Left handed for short caliber T3 ( .223 to WSM) ordered today would ship by monday anywhere in Europe. For outside Europe export permit must be applied for.
So ordered today, export permit applied for tommorow. 1 week turn around with the Export documents from the BAFA. add another week for customs.( customs have now worked out how to use thier new software ) stock should ship within the advertised 14 days. add a week to 10 days for shipping to the USA i expect.

Long caliber version would take longer, but within a reasonably time frame for a rifle stock.

These things are finaly on a green light.. and I am so happy to finaly get this now 5 year in the making project on the market in numbers.
Pete

Pete, when can we expect folding one...?

folding RCS II. If i could find a ready made hinge that would perform we'd have the things ready in 2 weeks. but manufacturing the hinges in house is somethingt thats going to take at least 8 or more weeks.Ive prototypes ready and in testing, they work and are reliable but the hinge is expensive to manufacture in house. I had hoped to buy in hinge mechanisms that where already proven and available, but the few ive had in where not up to the job.

The good thing is a fixed RCS II can be converted to folding, so regardless of which hinge we use there will definately be a kit available to convert fixed RCS II's to folding RCS II's.
So holding off and waiting for the folder to come out isnt realy nessecary, as its a simple job to convert fixed to folding,, or back again.

any of you guys suggest a hinge manufacturer ? if we go ahead as planed and make our own we are looning at 8-12 weeks.

the RCS II is now full on and all models, accessories and versions will appear one after another.
Pete

Holy crap! I had no idea there were that many options for us Tikka guys. This is great. Now all I have to do is convince myself I need one. My gun already shoots fantastic with the factory stock.

Tikka09

I just checked out the roedale.com site. Excellent. I have questions but there is no e-mail for the site: How much in US dollars. Also, I modified my 7mm-08's bolt stop to take advantage of the long action and long action magazines. How will this work with the AICS magazines. Will I still be able to load to the longer OAL or will I have to find a new hand load?

Thanks to all,

Tikka09

I'd like to find a take off Tikka Tactical stock and see if it could be fitted to my left handed T3 .308.

I like the factory offering, just can't get a left handed version in the US.

Grrrrrr