• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T1X 17 HMR CF barrel

kmontang

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jan 30, 2014
Dallas, TX
Im starting to put together a parts list for my next rifle build. Decided a badass rimfire gun sounds like a cool thing to have, so here's what I have so far

Tikka T1X action
KRG Bravo chassis
Vortex PST G2 3-15
Silencer Co Warlock
Atlas BT10-V8

The last thing Im trying to figure out is a barrel. Turn out my usual barrel sources (Bartlein and Proof) don't do carbon fiber barrels for 17 cal stuff. Ive checked with Carbon6 and Christensen as well, and they dont. The only one I could find was a Volquartsen, but they dont offer prefits, only barreled actions on their 10/22 clone. Anyone have any suggestions on where else I could look? If I have to go stainless I will, but I'd certainly rather not

Im starting to put together a parts list for my next rifle build. Decided a badass rimfire gun sounds like a cool thing to have, so here's what I have so far

Tikka T1X action
KRG Bravo chassis
Vortex PST G2 3-15
Silencer Co Warlock
Atlas BT10-V8

The last thing Im trying to figure out is a barrel. Turn out my usual barrel sources (Bartlein and Proof) don't do carbon fiber barrels for 17 cal stuff. Ive checked with Carbon6 and Christensen as well, and they dont. The only one I could find was a Volquartsen, but they dont offer prefits, only barreled actions on their 10/22 clone. Anyone have any suggestions on where else I could look? If I have to go stainless I will, but I'd certainly rather not

Why not just do a B14R Carbon then?