• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Tikka T1x in a MPA BA chassis?

david8989

The Tactical Texan
Minuteman
Aug 6, 2011
Bowie, TX
Has anyone dropped a T1x in an MPA BA chassis successfully? Looking to go this route slowly in the future

F30D1E6D-A442-4A20-9B2E-CE10BA7F44C3.jpeg
The chassis needs some modifications to work. The area behind the magazine well has to be milled to allow clearance for the bolt that secures the mag well. A little work needs to be done to allow clearance for the bolt release and some minor work has to be done where the recoil lug mates up in the chassis. It isn’t anything that major if you are even a little mechanical inclined. All the work probably took me an hour with a drill press and some files.

View attachment 7248657The chassis needs some modifications to work. The area behind the magazine well has to be milled to allow clearance for the bolt that secures the mag well. A little work needs to be done to allow clearance for the bolt release and some minor work has to be done where the recoil lug mates up in the chassis. It isn’t anything that major if you are even a little mechanical inclined. All the work probably took me an hour with a drill press and some files.
Incredible looking trainer! I've got a drill press and a decently mechanical head on my shoulders so it sounds like it's a doable project for me, albeit a ways in the future. Did you feel like you needed to add any chassis weights to get it balanced properly with such a lightweight barrel up front?

I rebarreled my rifle so it is a lot heavier up front than you think. With the bipod the rifle weighs almost 15 lbs and balances pretty well. It only take a few additional oz to get it to balance perfectly.

Looks good. I "borrowed" the MPA off my Tikka T3 .223 and was bummed when I new I had to make modifications. Not worth it for a chassis meant for the other gun.