• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Tikka T1X magazine feeding issue

SimonKenton

Private
Minuteman
May 10, 2020
I’m new to the forum, and am preparing for NRL22 matches with a Tikka T1X. I’m very happy with the rifle and accuracy, but have been having a problem with the magazine and cartridge feeding. It seems like on the fourth or fifth shot with a loaded 10 round magazine, after ejecting the shot case, the feeding cartridge goes vertical in the magazine and obviously won’t feed into the chamber. This of course necessitates removing the mag, reseating the cartridge, replacing the magazine, and then working the bolt. The cartridge feeds correctly then and the remaining shots are fine. For some reason, it’s always on the fourth or fifth shot. To try and prevent this I’ve tried working the bolt softly, aggressively, slowly, and quickly yet regardless of what I try, it still happens on a regular occurrence. I’ve probably got 1500 rounds through the gun and two magazines. This malfunction obviously won’t be helpful in NRL22 competition. Other than buying new a new magazine and trying that, any suggestions or input?

Is it doing it with both mags? If you don't know, mark your mags to find the problem mag. Contact Tikka, they may replace them.
good luck
Mark

Common problem with the T1X. There's a T1X thread that you might want to read through. Although it is quite lengthy.

Check the ejector spring.

Yes. SK Standard Plus. Shoots great, but I have almost 3000 rounds...😬

I also have the exact same issue with my Tikka T1x and SK Standard+. Super frustrating because it shoots really accurately when it does feed, and I've also got 3000 rounds to go.

Unfortunately I've switched to shooting CCI Standard Velocity purely out of easing my frustration; misfeeds are much more rare, and I can make it through an entire 300-round practice session without going nuts.

I also have the exact same issue with my Tikka T1x and SK Standard+. Super frustrating because it shoots really accurately when it does feed, and I've also got 3000 rounds to go.

Unfortunately I've switched to shooting CCI Standard Velocity purely out of easing my frustration; misfeeds are much more rare, and I can make it through an entire 300-round practice session without going nuts.
Yes, it is the SK Standard Plus. Shot 100 rounds of CCI Standard Velocity today without a single miss feed. Went back to the SK, and even after wiping the lube off, it still won’t feed correctly.

Thanks for all the input.

My T1x also does that using any of my 3 mags with anything from SK. I can't figure out how it knows I'm shooting SK though - I've measured every dimension I can think of looking for the difference in an SK case and I can't find anything. Lapua is fine, Eley is fine, any of the cheap stuff is fine. I finally gave up on SK and just use Eley or Lapua for my match ammo. Frustrating.

I did find that if I stop before the feeding the 5th round, reach into the ejection port, and push down on the remaining rounds in the mag with my finger, that it fed fine for the rest of the mag. It seems that for some reason that 5th round ends up sitting slightly more nose-up in the mag. I haven't figured out why just yet.

Kissofdeath has done a lot of work with his T1x. Might be worth checking into although I don't remember if it solved his SK problems.

^This.

My T1X was more accurate w/ Center X but never knew when I was going to get a stove pipe feed. I became quite adept at fixing it on the clock though. 🤠

I went back and forth between the Center X and CCI SV. The CCI fed very reliably but the Center X gave me more confidence. I ended up w/ a Vudoo.

Reactions: DROWN
^This.

My T1X was more accurate w/ Center X but never knew when I was going to get a stove pipe feed. I became quite adept at fixing it on the clock though. 🤠

I went back and forth between the Center X and CCI SV. The CCI fed very reliably but the Center X gave me more confidence. I ended up w/ a Vudoo.
Just wonder if it’s because of the lube on the SK ammo. I like the SK for accuracy, but really don’t see much of a difference in accuracy between it and CCI SV

Reactions: Jefe's Dope
I had the same problem i losen the mag well and push it back and tight the screw at 25 inch pound and that's fix the problem