• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T1X, my thoughts after a month

1badDart

Private
Minuteman
Feb 27, 2014
W. KY.
I've had my rifle for about a month now and have a good handle on it. Here are my thoughts. The beavertail forend, vertical grip really make the rifle better on the bench, plus the T3 recoil pad makes the length about right for me. I've ran about 300 rounds through it and haven't had a fail to eject yet. The fail to feeds went away after I started using some force to close the bolt. The accuracy is unbelievable for the money. I honestly think you'd be hard pressed to find a more accurate rifle for the money.. So far it has shot any ammo I tried in it very well, CCI SV, SK Standard Plus, SK Pistol Match Basic and Lapua Center-X. The Center-X out shoots Std. + but just barely.

My only complaint if you want to call it that is the trigger. After trying several springs 1 pound 12 ounces is the best I can get. It only got that low after I lubed it up with some Anschutz Special Grease. If the trigger would go down to 8 ounces or so it would make this great rifle fantastic.

All in all i'm very happy with it and everyone that has seen it shoot or shot it have been really surprised at how accurate it is. We shot Wednesday night and my buddy brought his Sako 74, I let him shoot the T1X and it out shot the 74 by a fair amount. He was very impressed. Another buddy brought his Rugger 77 with a aftermarket barrel and it wasn't even close.

I'm more of a pretty walnut and deep blueing fan than black rifles but will recommend this rifle to anyone wanting a quality built, very accurate and affordable rifle.

Justin

I agree with everything you said except the trigger. I have 4 total T1X's and all are excellent. True, they are all around 1 lb 7 oz but I'm happy with that because they are very consistent "no surprises" with zero creep.

Glad you are enjoying one of the best rifles ever IMO.

Reactions: ZG47A
Great thing is you can use any Tikka t3 triggers in it as well.

Some of the Tikka T1X's I've heard didn't allow for the their triggers to drop much below 2 lbs, even with different Elay Precision, or Yodave springs. Mine happened to be like that, but my T3X's trigger which should be identical didn't have that issue. So since I shot rimfire more, I put the spring in my T3X's trigger and put that in my T1X. Now my T1x is around 1lb.

I did end up buying a Timney 2-stage for my T3X which I really like as well.

Last edited:
I've got mine to 1 1/4# by backing out the adjustment screw to where it hits the mag screw. I'm good with 1 1/4# on the trigger - no creep and crisp break on the shot.

Bending the ejector wire and tightening it up, my rounds really eject! This is fantastic. Now there is a bit of a lock up when feeding but it does go in fine with a little bit more muscle.

I was worried that this might be marring the rounds but in manually cycled and ejected the rounds and didn't notice any real markings.

Super excited to not have any ftes! Now I really love my Tikka. Going to put in another hundred rounds and check the accuracy. It's in the bravo at 35 inch pounds.

Reactions: Kisssofdeath
I have a couple thousand rounds threw my Tikka, first thing I did was dump the stock and put it in a Boyd then glass bedded it and reworked the trigger. With pretty much and Lapua ammo it’s sub minute groups at 100 yards and 200 yards. I shot a 8” steel gong at 300 yards and in the near future going for 500
I could not be more pleased with the rifle! Attached is a target from 50 yards and now shoot the same target at 100 the score should have been 200
EE73BD33-00C6-45FC-97CF-F0735239E083.jpeg

Good post. I've also had a T1x for about a month and have shot it at 50, 100 and 200 yards. 16 inch barrel and standard stock.

Here's my thoughts.

Length of pull is too short for me. I may add the T3x recoil pad to increase it.

Comb height is too low. I wonder if I should just buy a Tikka T3x varmint, put a chassis on that and put the T3 varmint stock on the T1x and solve my length of pull and comb height problems ;)

Mine does not seem to like Lapua Center X. Does like RWS Special Match.

I occasionally get a round coming out of the magazine at a steeper angle than it should and that causes the front of the round to jam on the breech face instead of going into the chamber. I think that is just my clumsy magazine stuffing.

Good post. I've also had a T1x for about a month and have shot it at 50, 100 and 200 yards. 16 inch barrel and standard stock.

Here's my thoughts.

Length of pull is too short for me. I may add the T3x recoil pad to increase it.

Comb height is too low. I wonder if I should just buy a Tikka T3x varmint, put a chassis on that and put the T3 varmint stock on the T1x and solve my length of pull and comb height problems ;)

Mine does not seem to like Lapua Center X. Does like RWS Special Match.

I occasionally get a round coming out of the magazine at a steeper angle than it should and that causes the front of the round to jam on the breech face instead of going into the chamber. I think that is just my clumsy magazine stuffing.
Before you go threw all that check out Boyd stocks $200, I bought one and love it but I bedded and pillared it as well. Somewhere in one of these forums a guy posted a ejector spring modification i adjusted my spring and the chambering of the round is perfect every time because that ejector spring acts a bit like a guide as well

Attachments

• F844107F-7AE7-427D-8FF9-B6A4FFC7B557.png
    F844107F-7AE7-427D-8FF9-B6A4FFC7B557.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 207
The LOP and comb height were too short for me as well. I did the T3 recoil pad, and it adds about 3/4”. I would prefer it to be longer still. I added Titan universal cheek rest to the comb, and it is good with the standard three spacers. I also added about a pound of lead to the stock, which I really like. The vertical pistol grip is okay at $20, but nothing special. The Boyd’s AT-ONE stock for $200 is tempting.

I occasionally get a misfed round too. If I drop and reinsert the mag, it corrects itself. I’ve never paid attention to see if it is just one magazine that does it. I would like to see the magazine spring fix.

Reactions: slickalaus12
About the trigger, you can add a sear adjustment to them, not to difficult to do , I have done Sakos in the past and got them to 10 oz. Bench use only of course.

Oh and good shooting by the way, very little vertical on that target.....well done

Sounds like a nice gun, I’m torn between the tikka and a rem700 based .22. I have other tikkas and they are all excellent

The LOP and comb height were too short for me as well. I did the T3 recoil pad, and it adds about 3/4”. I would prefer it to be longer still. I added Titan universal cheek rest to the comb, and it is good with the standard three spacers. I also added about a pound of lead to the stock, which I really like. The vertical pistol grip is okay at $20, but nothing special. The Boyd’s AT-ONE stock for $200 is tempting.

I occasionally get a misfed round too. If I drop and reinsert the mag, it corrects itself. I’ve never paid attention to see if it is just one magazine that does it. I would like to see the magazine spring fix.

I did the same thing with the recoil pad and Titan cheek rest. Makes the gun alot nicer to shoot!

Before you go threw all that check out Boyd stocks $200, I bought one and love it but I bedded and pillared it as well. Somewhere in one of these forums a guy posted a ejector spring modification i adjusted my spring and the chambering of the round is perfect every time because that ejector spring acts a bit like a guide as well

Reactions: EWS
I have a couple thousand rounds threw my Tikka, first thing I did was dump the stock and put it in a Boyd then glass bedded it and reworked the trigger. With pretty much and Lapua ammo it’s sub minute groups at 100 yards and 200 yards. I shot a 8” steel gong at 300 yards and in the near future going for 500
I could not be more pleased with the rifle! Attached is a target from 50 yards and now shoot the same target at 100 the score should have been 200 View attachment 7395528

Where can I get this target ? Good shooting.

The Titan cheek rest, vert grip, and T3 butt pad really make it nice to shoot. I was planning on a chassis but it works so well I’m leaving it as is. Love the gun after 2 months of ownership.
1C3BFB2A-E370-49F8-9909-D772EAF3F594.jpeg