• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T1X Pic rail suggestions.....and maybe scope

alaskalanche

Private
Minuteman
Dec 22, 2017
So with the goofy 11mm rail the T1X has what might be the best option/options for a pic rail for my T1X when it arrives. Likely just gonna pick up a SWFA 10X42 for it due to the up coming (hopefully tax day sale). Having the ability to focus down to 10 yards seem like a good thing to have for a .22 lr so it should work just fine unless someone has some other suggestions worth considering as well.

Thanks

Accuracy International one piece Dove Tail mounts should fit. They are quality and can be had with different ring sizes and MOA cants. Milehigh shooting carries them at a very good price. I use them on my Sako and Anshutz 22lr rifles.

Murphy Precision, T3 Rail should fit (confirm, of course) and is outstanding fit, finish, and all-around quality. Plus Cameron is a really great guy, so ya got that goin' for ya... ;)

Accuracy International one piece Dove Tail mounts should fit. They are quality and can be had with different ring sizes and MOA cants. Milehigh shooting carries them at a very good price. I use them on my Sako and Anshutz 22lr rifles.
I thought the AI dovetail mounts were being discontinued...? The last one I got from them (Mile High) sure looked like it had been sittin' on the shelf for a good while. Good option if they are still available, though...

I believe Mile High still has then listed. You can also find them on the hide periodically for a great price also.

If it's the same as the other T3x line, this one works well for the $

EDIT:
NOT THE SAME!

Last edited:
Likely just gonna pick up a SWFA 10X42 for it due to the up coming (hopefully tax day sale).

so how well do the SWFA's dial and track, let's say vs NF NXS. I understand they're in a completely different price range, but as a % of NF, how do they dial and track? thanks!

I contacted Tikkaperformance regarding the T3x scope rail on the T1x, here is their reply:

The rails we sell will not work with the T1x .22LR rifle and we need to make a new rail to work with it. We just haven't gotten our hands on one yet to make a design.

Reactions: alaskalanche
The rails we sell will not work with the T1x .22LR rifle

man, why does everyone dumb down or cheap out on their 22 models? at a minimum drill and tap the thing and let the users figure out what they want to do. but with the pic rail the gold standard, why build it with some proprietary, lesser, platform? would love to hear tikka's reasoning on this, we could've use the exact same rail system as on our t3's, but we purposely made it different because _____?

Reactions: Sblzrd65
I contacted Tikkaperformance regarding the T3x scope rail on the T1x, here is their reply:

The rails we sell will not work with the T1x .22LR rifle and we need to make a new rail to work with it. We just haven't gotten our hands on one yet to make a design.
Thanks for confirming that!!

I kinda figured as much.

I am looking at this to fit on the 11mm dovetail. Wonder if it’ll work for the tikka as well but not sure all 11mm dove tails are created equal or the CZ one is proprietary.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1...roduct-shipped-today-product-description-link

Last edited:
While, like you, I am not certain that it would properly fit, I think that is what the market will end up moving to for the T1X.

For what it’s worth, I had a slide on version for my 455 from DIP, and it was fantastic. Not sure how it would work on the T1X, though.

Bumping this thread to see if anyone has some solutions now that these are starting to ship.

A Contessa pic rail was in the mail today.

20181106_103639.jpg
20181106_103624.jpg

Last edited:
man, why does everyone dumb down or cheap out on their 22 models? at a minimum drill and tap the thing and let the users figure out what they want to do. but with the pic rail the gold standard, why build it with some proprietary, lesser, platform? would love to hear tikka's reasoning on this, we could've use the exact same rail system as on our t3's, but we purposely made it different because _____?
Because pretty much every rimfire rifle made in Europe for the last 50 years has had an 11 mm dovetail cut on top of the receiver and because there are a shit ton of rings made to fit said dovetail.

The 11 mm dovetail is not proprietary, and the picatinny rail is not the world standard for rimfire rifles, which shows how much some of you all think you know, but don't.

In fact, pic rails on rimfires are only important to a minuscule market segment. 99% of the rimfire rifles sold in the world (including the US) never see one.

Just in case someone is interested, both the FX airguns No limit mount, and the Sportsmatch version, have an adjustable angle system built into them and fit 11mm dovetail. Both enable as much or little angle as you'd need, 0 moa all the way up to 80 moa - I'm guessing as far as how much they actually have.

The T1x will fit standard T3 2 piece bases as the screw pitch is the same, but the reciever is shorter so a full rail wont fit.

i haven't tried it yet, but I'm picking some Jnp adapters and Burris Zee rings will work well on the T1x
There are a few Australian companies making rails for the T1x, but they don't appear to have any canted ones yet.

Failing all that there qre plenty of 11mm rings available like Warne 22/7.3s that work on the T1x, and Talley lightweight T3 rings work also.

Finally, if you wanted you could just buy a T3 rail and drill and tap some new holes for the forward moubting point.

The above 20 MOA scope mount above from Midway is pretty much a perfect fit.

IMG_5420.jpg

What height rings are they? I was contemplating a 20moa rail, but I wouldn't want my scope to sit so high.
Think I'd rather go for Burris Zee rings for cant just so I can get scope mounted as low as possible.

I bought the rings for a different rifle originally. After I get some range time and see if the chassis works I will see if I prefer to go lower. These are 30mm Seekins medium high rings (.92 high). Keep in mind this scope is only 44mm so if you have a larger objective lens there would be less space.

I’m assuming DNZ Hunt Master (2-pc) Tikka mounts should work, as the hole spacing is the same, just with a shorter action. Probably will order today unless anyone says NO.

I wanted as low as possible with a 30 MOA slope so I made it myself...

Nice job! My EGW rail is definitely high for the factory stock. I checked it with the MPA chassis today and the cheek weld seems good with it.

You may have a market for those here if you plan to make them available for sale.

A Contessa pic rail was in the mail today.

/QUOTE]

Where did you find the Contessa mount? The only place I can find them is at EuroOptics and they are on backorder. The other place is by the same seller on eBay and his website but they don't post to the USA.

I think I would just mill a little material off each side of the rail you have. You only need to take 1mm off. As long as it is aluminum standard woodworking tools should do the job.

Murphy Precision makes superb Picatinny rails. Not cheap but good things never are. For Anschutz, which has a dovetail receiver with drilled and tapped holes the Murphy Precision Picatinny rail is not clamped, but attached by screws. Rails are either steel or titanium, in various finishes and with various MOAs.

Murphy Precision makes superb Picatinny rails. Not cheap but good things never are. For Anschutz, which has a dovetail receiver with drilled and tapped holes the Murphy Precision Picatinny rail is not clamped, but attached by screws. Rails are either steel or titanium, in various finishes and with various MOAs.
Murphy makes nice stuff, I reccomend him to others sometimes. The issue is T3 hole spacing is different than T1x's. Unless a customer provides him the spacing or he has one in his shop (doubtful this early in the T1x game) he cant make you one...there is a reason why people are scratching their heads and a reason why I made mine from scratch...

I asked Cameron Murphy to make a Picatinny rail for an Anschutz 1770. I supplied the hole spacing and it was shortly done. Fit perfectly. Of course you need a good pair of calipers to measure the hole spacing on the receiver. The width of Picatinny rails is not the same from all manufacturers. The width across the rail not the slot width. According to Cameron, there is no mil spec for this component of the geometry. All I can say is the width of Murphy Precision rails is identical to a rail from Vudoo.

If you need to reduce weight a rail from titanium will save a few ounces.

+1 for Murphy Precision! Have Cameron's rails on both of my T3s

Another source would be Optics-Trade-EU, a company located in Slovenia. I have ordered numerous items and all arrived in 10 days to 2 weeks. Shipping is a bargain, under ten dollars.

Only kerfuffle is must authorize transaction since so much online fraud in Slovenia. Just call Visa.

Dimensions of the Contessa Picatinny rail for T1x.

kedbeck: Could you please confirm the dimensions are correct?

Rick
ContessaPicatinnyRailT1x.jpg

The width of Picatinny rails is not the same from all manufacturers. The width across the rail not the slot width. According to Cameron, there is no mil spec for this component of the geometry.

And that didn't sound like BS to you? His statement (if you are quoting him correctly) sounds like bullshit to me so I checked the source document.

Both the overall width of the rail and the width at datum C (slot width) are clearly defined in MIL-STD-1913. So either he's wrong, or you misquoted him.

See attachment below, page 4

Attachments

• MIL-STD-1913.pdf
    277 KB · Views: 100
I stand corrected and enlightened. There is a mil-spec for the maximum width of the rail, .835"-.005". So any picatinny rail with a maximum width of .830" to .835" is mil-spec. I presume however the desired width is 0.835". Obviously I misunderstood Cameron. In the next incarnation will be a machinist.

Yesterday I communicated with Cameron. He has already made a picatinny rail for a T1x and sent it to the customer to check the fit. If all is well will be in production in a couple of weeks. I presume there will be a choice of 0 MOA, 10 MOA and 20 MOA as well as finish.

Soon will be more picatinny rails for T1x than rifles to put them on.

I stand corrected and enlightened. There is a mil-spec for the maximum width of the rail, .835"-.005". So any picatinny rail with a maximum width of .830" to .835" is mil-spec. I presume however the desired width is 0.835".

Dimensional Tolerances are just that, what the designer specifies as an allowable range of sizes for a part. If you make it outside of those sizes ,it might work and it might not, BUT if you are making it outside of the specified values, don't count on getting paid for the part you made for someone else.

There is a reason I did not respond to your post on hole spacing. Very little aftermarket parts in the firearms industry is based on manufacturers blueprints, almost everything is reverse engineered from a small sample size, sometimes the sample size is one, then people wonder why all their parts don't play nicely together sometimes. Taking manufacturer A's drawing, asking stranger B off the internet to verify it, and having Manufacturer C make a $100 plus part shows an even bigger misunderstanding of tolerances. A better course of action is to let the aftermarket manufacturers figure it out on their own (you will get a lot more CS when the problem does arise)and if you can't wait for that, invest in a machine shop and figure it out yourself.....

Reactions: 308pirate
I presume however the desired width is 0.835"

The desired width is 0.8325", which is nominal. The dimensional tolerance isn't the only tolerance that must be met by that feature. There is also a positional tolerance of .006" with relation to the slot width (datum C) with bonus positional tolerances if either the rail width or the slot width at not at maximum material condition.

Last edited:
All this crying about dimensions. Who cares. All we care about is what works. Please post if you have used something and it worked. I will create a master list and keep it going. That way we have options.

Dimensional Tolerances are just that, what the designer specifies as an allowable range of sizes for a part. If you make it outside of those sizes ,it might work and it might not, BUT if you are making it outside of the specified values, don't count on getting paid for the part you made for someone else.

There is a reason I did not respond to your post on hole spacing. Very little aftermarket parts in the firearms industry is based on manufacturers blueprints, almost everything is reverse engineered from a small sample size, sometimes the sample size is one, then people wonder why all their parts don't play nicely together sometimes. Taking manufacturer A's drawing, asking stranger B off the internet to verify it, and having Manufacturer C make a $100 plus part shows an even bigger misunderstanding of tolerances. A better course of action is to let the aftermarket manufacturers figure it out on their own (you will get a lot more CS when the problem does arise)and if you can't wait for that, invest in a machine shop and figure it out yourself.....

I can only speak from my own experience. I had an Anschutz 1770 in 223 Rem, for which I wanted a steel Picatinny rail with appropriate holes. I had a diagram from Anschutz brochure showing receiver geometry and roughly verified the hole spacing using a ruler not having a digital caliper at the time. I sent the diagram to Cameron and asked him to manufacture a Picatinny rail. Low and behold, the Picatinny rail he made had the holes in exactly the correct location. Fit perfectly. Mission accomplished without investing in a machine shop and with my obvious total misunderstanding of tolerances. As a bonus it had a superb black coating.

All this crying about dimensions. Who cares. All we care about is what works. Please post if you have used something and it worked. I will create a master list and keep it going. That way we have options.

Interesting and uninformed discussion please. The best kind. Better than sports blather.

Yeah, fuck knowledge and understanding.

Make a list so people can bitch when their shit doesn't go together like they thought it should. But I was told it was good to go on the internet...............