• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T1X Pic rail suggestions.....and maybe scope

Its so funny @308pirate and @rick137 I have found lots of credible information on here without having all the particulars. You say do not cry when it does not work. The original OP said hey what works. If you listen to the guy that says, hey I did this and this was the result, it usually has the correct information. I don't pay attention to the ones that say hey this should work or I think these are the same. You say fuck knowledge and understanding, that is cute. He did not say how or why does it work, just does it. The word here is comprehension.

@Prebanpaul you have some reading fail in your post. @rick137 was advocating a supplier he later admitted has not verified the hole spacing yet. He then tried to verify said hole spacing on the www and made some incorrect statements concerning rail dimensions and tolerances in general, both germane to the previous discussion. I am sure Mr. MURPHY will get it all worked out and make a fine product that is to the market shortly but both 308 pirate and my posts were concerning Rick's advocating a course of action with a demonstrated lack of understanding of the issues at hand with said tolerances when having 3rd parties make you something without adequate information.

I can only speak from my own experience. I had an Anschutz 1770 in 223 Rem, for which I wanted a steel Picatinny rail with appropriate holes. I had a diagram from Anschutz brochure showing receiver geometry and roughly verified the hole spacing using a ruler not having a digital caliper at the time. I sent the diagram to Cameron and asked him to manufacture a Picatinny rail. Low and behold, the Picatinny rail he made had the holes in exactly the correct location. Fit perfectly. Mission accomplished without investing in a machine shop and with my obvious total misunderstanding of tolerances. As a bonus it had a superb black coating.
You got lucky

I haven't read any discussions on a trigger guard. Maybe looking into a magazine.

For what it's worth, the folks at Mountain Tactical/Tikka Performance have an awesome T3 triggerguard (rail too). I hope they get into the game soon.

Re Murphy, Cameron has done 2 different custom rails for me in the past and they both were perfect based on dimensions I sent him. It's not rocket science, for him any way...

DIP Update:

Well we have been working on the final revision(s) and here it is! I have a few that we sent to the anodizing(coating) shop late yesterday
and will have more completed by Friday(12/21). You can order now and we will ship as soon as we get them. Should be 7-10 days for
the small first batch. We hope to have the 25MOA version by mid next month.

Click on the pic : https://www.diproductsinc.com/Products.aspx?CAT=13213

Reactions: rizzle
DIP Update:

Well we have been working on the final revision(s) and here it is! I have a few that we sent to the anodizing(coating) shop late yesterday
and will have more completed by Friday(12/21). You can order now and we will ship as soon as we get them. Should be 7-10 days for
the small first batch. We hope to have the 25MOA version by mid next month.

Click on the pic : https://www.diproductsinc.com/Products.aspx?CAT=13213

The rail looks great.....just ordered one.

I'm waiting for the 25MOA version.

I would have as well but I have a set of Burris XTR signature rings sitting around. Those are the rings that have inserts to let you adjust cant.

Last edited:
For those than haven't seen it yet Cameron Murphy formally announced his T1x rail in an email today: Murphy Precision T1x I'd take a Murphy Precision rail over anything from DIP every time...!

Installed my DIP rail, looks fantastic and fits my needs.

Attachments

• 20181224_141036.jpg
    20181224_141036.jpg
    333.8 KB · Views: 179
hmmm... I'm still waiting on my Tikka T1x to arrive, but I was wondering about the scope mounting options!