• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T3 2 stage triggers

Jrb572

Supporter
Minuteman
  • Dec 7, 2008
    Missouri
    where can one be purchased? I see they have a model with one now. But I am looking to build a lightweight hunter on a T3 action. Any ideas?

Basically if you want one buy a TAC A1 rifle lol. Sako doesn’t want to offer them due to liability apparently. I’ve emailed them a few times bugging them, if enough people do so they may listen.

I'll try bugging them to. I guess I could buy it and sell of the stock and barrel. I really want a SS action. Just because I like it.

I'll try bugging them to. I guess I could buy it and sell of the stock and barrel. I really want a SS action. Just because I like it.

I was talking to Jason at Euro Optic about doing exactly this. He said “you really want a two stage that bad”? Yes lol.

I don’t know what the resale value of the chassis is but I guess we’d find out. I’d guess a 6.5 Creedmoor take off barrel would have a decent market desire, certainly more so than a 308 or 260 variant.

The trigger would probably be $200-$300 if it were available as a component, so factor that in with a standard donor action and you’re looking at $750-$850. Round it to $800 and that’s $1000 difference to the TAC A1. IMO $1000 could easily be redeemed by selling the take off chassis, barrel, brake, and extra mag.

Also consider that doing this would leave you with a picatinny rail you wouldn’t need to buy ($100ish value?) and the TAC A1 already has a larger bolt knob. I’d still ditch them since I got a Sterk handle and the Cadex chassis I ordered has a built in rail.

I already have a T3x 243 donor rifle sitting here, but I do really want that two stage.

If I could sell of the chassie for a $1000 I'd buy one in a heartbeat and sell the stock.

If I could sell of the chassie for a $1000 I'd buy one in a heartbeat and sell the stock.

$1000 for the chassis would be pushing it and quite frankly I don’t think would happen. It’s all hypothetical until someone lists one and it sells but I’d project $750 in your pocket after shipping costs would probably be a safe bet. You can get other folding chassis for less than $1K so unless someone just really wanted that chassis I doubt anyone would pay that much. I certainly believe $1K or more is doable between all the takeoff components minus action and trigger.

I’ll be the guinea pig and order one from Euro Optic on Monday. I’ll have it Tuesday and list it.

Yeah you are right $750 is probably in the right area. Always wishful thinking on my part

I emailed Timney earlier this year and they mentioned that a 2 stage trigger "might" be available late this year. I haven't seen anything yet but try emailing them and see if they have any updates on it.

bix n andy makes a t3 swappable trigger .. not sure if 2 st.

I think I read somewhere that the people at KRG are working on a two stage Tikka trigger.

The bix and Andy is a single stage. Does anyone know where to buy a Sako trigger? I believe the trg trigger might be the same.

I think I read somewhere that the people at KRG are working on a two stage Tikka trigger.

I think they are working on this trigger that they are releasing in their upcoming rifle which uses a 2 stage trigger that is compatible with the Tikka T3.