• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T3 Bolt Handle and Shroud Combo

CDiPrecision

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Is there any interest here for these?. Im thinking of carrying them to go along with my Tikka T3 DBM.. let me know
wink.gif

http://www.hss.net.au/product_info.php?cPath=118&products_id=763

Re: Bolt Handle and Shroud Combo

wow those are sweet can you put the bolt knob straight onto a varmint model or just the tactical. I say do it the bolt shround on tikka's is crap and this is a valuable replacement. starting to make me want another tikka

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CDiPrecision</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Im thinking of carrying them to go along with my Tikka T3 DBM.. </div></div>

Does this exist? Or is it still in the works. I've been hearing about this since late last summer. Are you offering LA DBM for Tikka T3 now?

John

PS... Helpful suggestion: put "Tikka" in your thread title, you'll get a LOT more attention from the Tikka freaks. Although, the Rem. boys prob. don't even know what a "bolt shroud" is.
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CDiPrecision</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Yes they have <span style="color: #FF0000">them</span> and have been selling them in AUS for a while.

Im thinking of getting some in for us US guys
wink.gif
</div></div>

Sorry, I was talking about DBM for the Tikka. I'm interested in LA for mine. Do you have them, or is this still a works in progress?

John

ETA: I will probably replace my cracked shroud at some point, so ys, I'd interested, but functionality wise, I need to get some magazines that will take over 3.34" COAL.

I have one of their shourds on my T3 Lite. I would be VERY interested in a DBM option for it.

Take care,Stan

PS...some above asked if it is just for the Tactical model...NO...any of the accessories for the T3's will work on all the models...LIte,Varmint,Tactical,etc.

Uhh...ALL T3's are long action. Only thing that separates the .223 from say a .300wm is the bolt stop...ok and the bolt face. Other then that the actions are all the same.

Take care,Stan

Technically correct, Stan.

But the AICS mags come in different lengths unlike the stock Tikka mags (which just space the shorter rds. forward). So different bottom metal for different calibers, unless I'm full of dookey...

John

Ooo, any chance of maybe being able to supply some of your fine dbm systems for the aussie market in return??? (have heard that the export regs over there are making getting dbm's down here a bit tickly) ;-) (I don't work for HSS, I'm just looking for a new excuse to build up a new rifle lol)

I have been looking at the handle/shroud offering from Hinterland for awhile now. I am closing in on my first Tikka and would add this in a heartbeat. Being able to purchase from known US dealer makes it perfect. Bring 'em in!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jrob300</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Technically correct, Stan.

But the AICS mags come in different lengths unlike the stock Tikka mags (which just space the shorter rds. forward). So different bottom metal for different calibers, unless I'm full of dookey...

John </div></div>

So the same bottom metal will work then, only difference is how long the magwell is machined.

Uhm, hell yes.
laugh.gif
I recently bought one of their handles but bent it to sweep back a little.

IMG_1314.jpg

As for whether or not CDI's bottom metal exists, YES!. I have one in hand, or I did before I sent it to Tom Manners to create a profile for it for my stock and for his files. It's nice. The waiting for my stock and metal is killing me.
sick.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boboss</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have been looking at the handle/shroud offering from Hinterland for awhile now. I am closing in on my first Tikka and would add this in a heartbeat. Being able to purchase from known US dealer makes it perfect. Bring 'em in! </div></div>Hinterland themselves are good to go. I got my combo in five or six days to LA.

if they use the same action for all, what would it take to convert my T3 tactical from .223 to a .308, just barrel and mod the bolt face?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: waawaaweenie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">if they use the same action for all, what would it take to convert my T3 tactical from .223 to a .308, just barrel and mod the bolt face? </div></div>

There's something about a bolt stop too... perhaps Pete Lincoln knows...

John

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hill billy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I recently bought one of their handles but bent it to sweep back a little.</div></div>

Sorry for digging up a slightly old thread but I just received mine today and was wondering how you bent it back. Just stick it in a vice and heat up with a torch and bend? I'm going to try it the way it is first and see how it feels but it'd be good to know how easy it is to do if I decide to sweep it back like the original.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: apsilon</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hill billy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I recently bought one of their handles but bent it to sweep back a little.</div></div>

Sorry for digging up a slightly old thread but I just received mine today and was wondering how you bent it back. Just stick it in a vice and heat up with a torch and bend? I'm going to try it the way it is first and see how it feels but it'd be good to know how easy it is to do if I decide to sweep it back like the original. </div></div>Yes, just a vice and a torch