• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T3 CTR?

At Euro Optics' price and with those features, I would have saved about a grand compared to my 5r with a chassis, timney trigger, bolt knob, and thread job. That stings.

Last edited:
Thats better than I get out of them.. "Any day now" is all I've ever gotten out of them since the end of July.

I have a deposit on one with them and they have been pretty good about info on the delivery time. I say this as that is the same info I have received from other dealers.

Well I see posts of people saying Europtics said end of Aug, end of Sept.. I only get any day now from Europtics..I understand its out of their control. I'm just frustrated, running out of patience and time.

Call Chris @ Interstate Guns, he posted on first page of this thread. Good people at Interstate Guns which is part Sportoptics.

We've got a 308 still available.

I have a deposit on a 260 at EO. I've been wanting a 260 for some time. I was going to have one built then i saw the CTR.. Im kinda regretting this now as my hunt is in Oct. and its doubtful the gun will make it. I put a deposit on one in May, with hopes of having it in Aug/Sept.. Giving time time for load development and such.
Missed a few deals on other 260's knowing the CTR was coming, "any day now".
My smith could have had a barrel on my action by now if we started in June, he can't get to it now as he's very busy.
Not anyone's fault but my own, should have just built one, knowing Berettas track record on new release guns.
Either way its doubtful I'll be hunting with a 260 this year.

Long time lurker, first time poster.......Received my CTR last week and finally had a chance to shoot it. . I've been on the hunt for a 20" barreled 308 that was accurate, but <8 lbs to use a "walk around" and general purpose hunting rifle, and I didn't have to put a bunch of money into to make accurate. About six months ago I purchased a Remington SPS tactical but I never could get it to shoot very well. It didn't shoot horrible, but didn't exactly shoot good either. Ended up selling off the stock, trashing the barrel, and using the action for a custom rifle build. I ran across some info on the CTR a few months back; it looked like what I was looking for so I got in line w/ Europtic.

Gun seems to be very accurate w/ pretty much everything I've shot thru it w/ the exception of Federal Gold Medal Match 168SMK. Hornandy match 168bthP, FGMM 175 SMK, and handloads w/ 168 Amax's all are sub MOA. Rifle seems to have a strong preference for a stiff charge of Varget or 2000-MR. Varget seems to get better velocity in this rifle so I'll probably stick w/ it. This rifle will easily obtain 1/2 MOA if the shooter does his part. Fit and Finish is of typical Tikka Quality, no complaints in that department. Barrel does not seem to hold much copper so thats a positive as well. The detachable box magazine system is nice but I wish the mags weren't so expensive and they offered 5 rd magazines that would be closer to a flush fit for hunting purposes. I thought about buying an extra mag and trying to modify it to make a five round magazine but they are just too expensive for me to hack one up. A couple of things that I don't like are the cheesy plastic bolt knob and shroud. I went into the purchase knowing about these and although these are more cosmetic than anything; it still seems like a $950 dollar rifle shouldn't have them. Both can be easily fixed so it's not a big deal. Overall my I rate it very positive and I think it's a good value for the $$ spent; and it's nice not to have to put 2K into a rifle to make it shoot well.

CTR1.JPG

Last edited:
Hi All,

Just made an account to comment, but I'm working so have to keep it short. I just wanted to let you all know that I ordered the T3 CTR in .308 from Euro Optic several months back and they sent it out last week, picked it up from my FFL on Sunday because he was pretty busy after it came in. Don't know how many they had received or how many back orders they were able to fill, just wanted to let you all know that they are definitely sending them out already. Looks nice, put a scope on it last night and have not yet gotten to shoot it.

I'm in a similar boat waiting for the CTR in .260, and hoping it makes it here in time to get it ready for a hunt in the first week of October. But if it doesn't make it, I'll live; I'll just be lugging around a much heavier rifle. Just in case it is last minute, the scope and rings are sitting ready, as well as plenty of sized and primed brass. I'll probably go ahead and finish some loads this week just in case.

I just got word from Euro optics and the date is now the end of Oct. for CTR's chambered in 260 Remington.

I believe EO must have filled their 308 win orders as they had one on Gun Broker.

I just got word from Euro optics and the date is now the end of Oct. for CTR's chambered in 260 Remington.

I believe EO must have filled their 308 win orders as they had one on Gun Broker.

Did it sound like that applied to all .260 CTRs, or just where you fall in the queue?

Did it sound like that applied to all .260 CTRs, or just where you fall in the queue?

i dont know that, I was told it would be part of the initial order. Basically putting my name on one of the pre orders. I believe there were 6 that weren't spoken for.

I did ask for a more certain date than "any day now".. so maybe to pacify my impatience they just thew at date out. lol..

Last edited:
Maybe someone with more knowledge about importing rifles can answer this question for me. Why would the 308's be available while the 260's are still months away? Maybe it's just a different assembly line thing, but if it's because some guy that's in charge of the 260 division over at Sako is taking a vacation then he is going right to the top of my poo list.

Most likely they set up for production runs, they probably ran the 308 first then the 260,

Maybe someone with more knowledge about importing rifles can answer this question for me. Why would the 308's be available while the 260's are still months away? Maybe it's just a different assembly line thing, but if it's because some guy that's in charge of the 260 division over at Sako is taking a vacation then he is going right to the top of my poo list.

My understanding is that all manufacturers do various calibers in "runs". This is done for efficiency's sake to save time on constantly re-tooling. I can say from my meager experience operating my mini-mill in my garage, swapping tooling takes a lot of time, even on such a small, easy machine. Swapping tooling on CNC equipment is logically far more time consuming, especially with large production runs.

Long time lurker, first time poster.......Received my CTR last week and finally had a chance to shoot it. . I've been on the hunt for a 20" barreled 308 that was accurate, but <8 lbs to use a "walk around" and general purpose hunting rifle, and I didn't have to put a bunch of money into to make accurate. About six months ago I purchased a Remington SPS tactical but I never could get it to shoot very well. It didn't shoot horrible, but didn't exactly shoot good either. Ended up selling off the stock, trashing the barrel, and using the action for a custom rifle build. I ran across some info on the CTR a few months back; it looked like what I was looking for so I got in line w/ Europtic.

Gun seems to be very accurate w/ pretty much everything I've shot thru it w/ the exception of Federal Gold Medal Match 168SMK. Hornandy match 168bthP, FGMM 175 SMK, and handloads w/ 168 Amax's all are sub MOA. Rifle seems to have a strong preference for a stiff charge of Varget or 2000-MR. Varget seems to get better velocity in this rifle so I'll probably stick w/ it. This rifle will easily obtain 1/2 MOA if the shooter does his part. Fit and Finish is of typical Tikka Quality, no complaints in that department. Barrel does not seem to hold much copper so thats a positive as well. The detachable box magazine system is nice but I wish the mags weren't so expensive and they offered 5 rd magazines that would be closer to a flush fit for hunting purposes. I thought about buying an extra mag and trying to modify it to make a five round magazine but they are just too expensive for me to hack one up. A couple of things that I don't like are the cheesy plastic bolt knob and shroud. I went into the purchase knowing about these and although these are more cosmetic than anything; it still seems like a $950 dollar rifle shouldn't have them. Both can be easily fixed so it's not a big deal. Overall my I rate it very positive and I think it's a good value for the $$ spent; and it's nice not to have to put 2K into a rifle to make it shoot well.

View attachment 49802
What is your impression on the stock Millron?

We got a pic sent in from a customer who received his, so they're out there. They do fit in our chassis as well.
Justin

Glad to get that confirmation - my CTR from EO should be coming this week, and I am planning to drop it into my X-ray chassis to test it out. Longer term I may put it into an X-ray or W3.

What is your impression on the stock Millron?

Cornholeo, Its very similar to the synthetic stock that comes on the T3 Lite, except w/ the raised cheek piece. It's not a MANNERS or McMillan by any stretch but it is easy to get behind and seems very functional. Their is some minor flex to the forearm but their is a lot of room around the barrel channel; I think you would really have to push hard on a bipod to get it to contact the barrel.

Euro Optics stated today that they Recieved a letter from Beretta stated EO would receive the 260 CTR's in mid-late Oct..
For what it's worth, remember it's Beretta we are dealing with.
I had questioned that Beretta would even import the 260, I was assured they would since the letter was sent.

As of why the 308's were released so far in advance of the 260, EO had no idea. Again we're dealing with Beretta so no rime or reason. Could be production related or maybe a Finn Holiday. My words not EO's.
At any rate Euro Optics is confident the 260's will show in Oct..

OK guys,
Here is a little review of my new Tikka CTR .308.
I have several 308s but I think this thing is my new favorite. Shot some very respectable groups with FED GM 168.
then I tried my TRG22 175 SMK load,,,,and this thing might outshoot the TRG!! BTW the mags are interchangeable.

After installing the Thunder Beast suppressor this little rifle came to life. We are talking from well under 1 to sub .5 MOA groups at 100 yards. Something that surprised me was that the velocity was just a few feet over 2600 with the same load that’s in the 2650 range out of the TRG22.

We were whacking steel out to 500 dialing 3.3 mills plus holding .5 mills wind. The next bank of targets were at 1100 yards. Sort of strange but this is the way the range is set up. It took a few shots to find out the wind call but ended up dialing 2 mills right at this range. I couldn’t just dial up because of the 0 cant base, I ran out of adjustment, so I held over as close to 13.6 mills as I could in my IOR 3X18 and wacked the plate 2 out of 4 shots and called it a day.

Impressed?? Happy?? Yes!! This is a shootin little rifle. $1011 full retail out the door. Might have to get another one when my son finds out how this thing shoots