• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Tikka T3 DBM.. now in hand..

Re: Tikka T3 DBM.. now in hand..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: powell</div><div class="ubbcode-body">rookie question...
Would the .223 aics mags be double stacked 10 rounders?</div></div>

Yes the new AICS mags for the .223 hold ten rounds, and I do believe they are double stacked but not sure.

Any further news on this?

I have a T3 Varmint in .223 which shoots splendidly, but the mags are a headache. What exactly is the required mod to make the AI .223 mags function with the CDI unit?

I'm ready to buy the CDI bottom metal, but need to know in advance what further work needs to be done.

Thanks in advance for any info!

Cheers... Jim

I got my T-3 lite 223 back from CDI today. Only got to play with it a minute. Feeds slicker than the factory mag.
I ordered the parts and when they arrived I decided to send the rifle back for him to fit($60).
Mine needed the stock opened up about .075" on each side down in the mag well area. Around the trigger guard/metal area only about .050" on each side. Also it needed inletting deeper as the CDI metal is thicker than the factory plastic.
He did a lot of work for $60 including shipping.
What I did not want to try was the bottom of the action. It needed the side rails tappered for the mag to go up inside a litte more. It's not much, but I wanted a professional looking job, and it is.
It was quite a bit different than the FN SPR I had done earlier in the years, and I did not want to screw it up.
It was well worth the time and money to have him do it.

So I would suggest if you have a Tikka, box it up with a check for the parts and labor, email him and let him know its on the way.
Mine took 2 weeks from the day I sent it off to picking it up at the P.O.

I also got the bolt shroud and bolt handle. I think it is a little pricey, but looks and functions well.

Thanks, css!

I'm such a "do it yourself guy," that I struggle with turning a job over to someone else, but this might be a good exception.

Again, thanks!

Cheers... Jim