• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Gunsmithing Tikka t3 Gunsmith near Dayton Ohio

SPAK

Stupid can be fixed
Minuteman
Apr 3, 2009
Alaska
Hey guys

Looking for a good smith/machinist who can thread and install a muzzle brake on a tikka t3 lite. Just moved to Dayton Ohio so local would be great. Trying to see if it can be done by the 2nd week of September if possible so I can take it on a hunt. I'd be willing to send it out if turn around isn't too bad.

I know what I'm asking for is a tall order. The smiths I normally use are either busier than snot or don't have the propper tools for the tikka action.

Any help would be great. I've had some bad work done before and I just want to be sure the threads are cut right..

Thanks in advance.

Re: Tikka t3 Gunsmith near Dayton Ohio

Also any reccomendations on a brake? I shoot prone so definitely no 360 deg ports. Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks!

Short Action Customs (Mark Gordon)??

There's no special tool required to work on a T3. In fact it's probably easier because the action will fit through the headstock of a larger lathe, unlike a Rem 700 (due to recoil lug).

A good two port tank-style break will be all you need, there's many available. Good luck,
Justin

Mark's backed up pretty good and he said he's not rigged up for the Tikkas right at the moment..