• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T3 gunsmith

emmagator

Private
Minuteman
Jan 26, 2010
Im rebarreling and ordering Manners MSC-T stock. While im rebarreling i would like to change recoil lug to rem style lug. How do i go about this. Do i order my barrel and then send it to the a smith to get lug installed? What do i need to tell barrel maker, so they can setup barrel correctly? I know i have to tell manners to inlet for the different lug, but not sure about the barrel. Also any suggestions on a gunsmith who is comfortable working on Tikkas. Thanks

Re: Tikka T3 gunsmith

There are several competent smiths here on the Hide that should be able to do what you request. I wouldn't take it to your average local GS and expect custom work. You're asking for a non-standard modification which requires some level of wit and skill.
wink.gif

No matter who you have do the work, request them to surface grind the lug. Not all lugs are ready for primetime.

Roscoe
Mike Bush @ UndergroundSkunkworks
Tom Sarver
Dixon
HateCA
SAC

To name a few... there are others to be sure.

Good luck on your project. My boys and I love our Tikkas!

John

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jrob300</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There are several competent smiths here on the Hide that should be able to do what you request. I wouldn't take it to your average local GS and expect custom work. You're asking for a non-standard modification which requires some level of wit and skill.
wink.gif

No matter who you have do the work, request them to surface grind the lug. Not all lugs are ready for primetime.

Roscoe
Mike Bush @ UndergroundSkunkworks
Tom Sarver
Dixon
HateCA
SAC

To name a few... there are others to be sure.

Good luck on your project. My boys and I love our Tikkas!

John </div></div>

I agree with you 100%, thats why im asking around. There is no one locally here that i would trust to even clean my rifle. Thanks for the suggestions.

Do any of the above mention gentlemen have websites?

Roscoe dosent work on Tikka's. I asked him about a month ago.

I think Rwsnyder here on the hide works on Tikka's.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: emmagator</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do any of the above mention gentlemen have websites? </div></div>

http://www.undergroundsw.com/

I don't know about the rest...

John

Mac Tilton is who you want to talk to when it comes to Tikkas. He helped me out greatly when I had an issue with my T3 (ended up being a base screw that was too long & wasn't allowing the bolt to go into battery).

www.mtguns.com

Thanks, ill check out the websites you guys suggested.

Any others, Im researching around to find the right guy.

Sorry everyone. I need inlet dimensions action for tikka t3x. Could help me please?

Last edited:
Reactions: Stooxie
What has you convinced that the OEM recoil lug isn't good enough? Are you using a magnum caliber?

-Stooxie