• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T3 Info please

Rocky 1\508

Private
Minuteman
Aug 25, 2011
Oregon
Just saw these and was wondering what kind of acuracy can be expected,pros and cons...I was looking at the 20" 260.Anyone had experiance with these?

Re: Tikka T3 Info please

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stingrayguy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My T3 will hold .25-.35 moa. Action is smooth as glass. </div></div>

Any chance you'd post some pictures of you're rifle?

I'd only run the 20" 260 if I planned on full time suppressed, otherwise I'd chose the longer barrel length.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rocky 1\508</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stingrayguy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My T3 will hold .25-.35 moa. Action is smooth as glass. </div></div>

Any chance you'd post some pictures of you're rifle? </div></div>

Sure, tonight when I get home I will post a few up.

Thanks guys! I'm just getting started in long range,and I'm really looking for an all around Rifle,one to stretch out my range for coyotes,and other varmints,but also to advance my knowledge at the range...Hunting supressed is legal in Oregon,and I'd like to take advantage of that as well.So thats why I'm looking at the 20".
What about those laminated stocks?

I'd reconsider the 24" (it's actually about 23 3/4"). I've got a Master Sporter (the T3 Sporter's ancestor) chambered in .260 with a standard target contoured Bartlien barrel (heavier contout than the stock barrel) and use a suppressor - it's really not that unwieldy at all, even when shooting slung up without a rest.

You will love the new T3 Sporter. Absolutely outstanding rifles.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stingrayguy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rocky 1\508</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stingrayguy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My T3 will hold .25-.35 moa. Action is smooth as glass. </div></div>

Any chance you'd post some pictures of you're rifle? </div></div>

Sure, tonight when I get home I will post a few up. </div></div>

I'm having problems uploading. Tomorrow I will make a hosting account and get them uploaded. I'd do it tonight, but I'm off to bed. Sorry for the delay.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rocky 1\508</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks guys! I'm just getting started in long range,and I'm really looking for an all around Rifle,one to stretch out my range for coyotes,and other varmints,but also to advance my knowledge at the range...Hunting supressed is legal in Oregon,and I'd like to take advantage of that as well.So thats why I'm looking at the 20".
What about those laminated stocks?

</div></div>
I've got one in 6.5x55 (24", but actually shorter, as was stated), but haven't got glass on it, yet. I really like the way the stock fits me and laminated wood doesn't bother me one bit. I'm not crazy about the color, though. One thing I should mention, is that if you plan on installing the spacers in the buttplate, you'll need to get longer screws. I found a perfect match for them at Menard's for something like fifty cents each. So, no big deal, really.

Sorry for the LONG delay, but here is a photo for you!

IMG_1567_zps44fc5c7c.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stingrayguy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Sorry for the LONG delay, but here is a photo for you!
</div></div>

I hate your picture. It makes me so depressed I don't have a KRG folder for for my TRG!
wink.gif

I have been digging these Tikka sporters since i first saw them. They are more money than I was looking to spend but they seem like a decent value for what you get. I always refer to them as a poor mans TRG