• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

tikka t3 lite action screws

SPAK

Stupid can be fixed
Minuteman
Apr 3, 2009
Alaska
Does anyone know off hand what the screw size is for the tikka t3 lite?? I've already stripped the front one trying to torque it to 40 in/lbs. I looked on brownells website and they want 22.00 for the two screws which I think is crazy...

I'd like to go to the hardware store and just buy a couple screws with socket heads..

The screws are in there now, but I don't want to risk taking them out and making matters worse before having replacements.

Any help would be great.

Thanks!

Re: tikka t3 lite action screws

stripped the head

there's probably just enough for me to get the screw out, but I don't want to do it until I've got another set.....

they are the same threads as remington/savage action screws.....i have several threaded rods that i use when i glass bed an action.....the same ones i've used on remington 700's and savage's fit into the tikka's.....hope this info helps but i don't know the actual thread pitch....if you could find this out, you could probably track down a longer screw and grind/dremel it to size

just found it, Remington 700 action screws are 1/4-28

Tikka action screws are M6 metric. You can find them at Ace Hardware (an M6 metric screw) but they don't have that strange head style that action screws usually have.

Justin

Another place to try is Tacoma Screw.

I have found that they carry a pretty large supply of stuff that can be hard to find other places.

Hellbender thanks for the generous offer!!! I actually found some to Ight at the hardware store. I took a grinder to turn down the head diameter and it fits like a charm... Thanks gents for all the help!!

Oh and yes it was way cheaper than buying the screws from Brownells... For anyone's future reference front action screw is an m6 30mm and the rear is an m6 40mm in length.

Reactions: Aceteck

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Frogman77</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh and yes it was way cheaper than buying the screws from Brownells... For anyone's future reference front action screw is an m6 30mm and the rear is an m6 40mm in length. </div></div>
thanks, sorry for giving the wrong info earlier.....the threaded rods i used fit and screwed in.....now i know though tikka = m6

Oh and yes it was way cheaper than buying the screws from Brownells... For anyone's future reference front action screw is an m6 30mm and the rear is an m6 40mm in length.
Anyone know where to get slightly longer action screws with either hex or torx heads? Just got a Mesa PRecision Arms stock and dropped my t3 action into it. Front action screw is longer enough to get started and tightened. Rear action screw is another story. Won't even start. FWIW, I'm using action screws from Mountain Tactical. Rear action screw measures 40mm for the base of the head to the end of the screw.

This might be a record for necrothreads. Almost 10 year old thread dude.

I usually get mine from ACE hardware, file to fit

• Haha
Reactions: Gee Kay