• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T3 Lite in 7-08

Hey Keith, I am also curious as well.

Need a little advice/opinions on a setup I am considering for AZ stalking/long range mule/white tail/javelina. I am considering doing a Tikka T3 Lite Stainless 7mm-08 rifle with a Zeiss Conquest 3x12-56. Any thoughts or concerns? Thanks

I'm no expert, but I sold my 308 to get my 7mm-08, so I have used both. I think the 7mm-08 has 95%-100% the recoil of a 308. Recoil is a bit less, but if you use hot enough ammo it can be the same if not more.

Consider a 243, using 95 Nosler BTs or 80/85 Barnes, and flatten any deer/hog to 400 yds....with mild recoil - your wife will shoot it better.

I just put together a T3 in 7/08 for a client( he requested the caliber)....recoil felt similar to my T3 in 308, until I switched to 120 gr bullets. Noticeably lighter recoil then, especially with a limbsaver pad installed. However, last year I set up a T3 for another client, this one chambered in 6.5x55.....and it is a total pussycat to shoot. This guy was VERY recoil sensitive. I put him on a rimfire training regimen, and then graduated him to the 6.5 Swede. His T3 shot the Federal Fusion 140gr loads well( a nice sedate load around 2500-2600 fps as I remember)....easily under 1 moa...some groups down in the .5 range( which REALLY built confidence in the shooter). This hunting season he killed 3 nice bucks, with the biggest being right at 250 yards. Last season a deer past 60 yards was totally safe from this guy. He loves his T3, and is committed to practicing on a regular basis in the off season.

If I were buying a T3 for a female shooter that was considering hunting medium game, I would look strongly at the T3 chambered in 6.5 Swede.

Last edited:
Swede is sweet, believe not currently imported. Shot my furthest deer kill at 400 yds, using a 6BR and 105 amax, accuracy and using a good bullet is key.