• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Tikka T3 Lite

Sean1791

Private
Minuteman
Oct 26, 2009
Washington
Hey Guys,

Sorry if this has been covered before I Google searched and came up with little.

I have a Tikka T3 Lite in .243 and am contemplating purchasing a TBAC 30p-1 for it. The only thing i am concerned about is that the barrel contour will not be thick enough to support standard 5/8 x 24 threads.
I would like to be able to use this suppressor on multiple rifles and think that 5/8 x 24 would be the best universal thread to get. So i was thinking of attaching an adapter to the Tikka, I was thinking of something along the lines of these...

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=118742&page=all

I was wondering if the T3 lite would support 1/2 x 28 threads and if it did would using an adapter like the ones above have a negative effect on accuracy?

Thanks,
Sean

Re: Tikka T3 Lite

Thank you very much for a quick response!

This may seem dumb but are 9/16 x 24 threads weaker than 1/2 x 28 or are they the same strength wise?

Also do you know of anyone who makes a 9/16x24 to 5/8x28 adapter and/or could thread a t3 barrel?

Thanks again,
Sean

My T3 is threaded 1/2x28. It is more common than 9/16, should you ever decide to have a .223" muzzle device bored out for your .243.

I have a T3 Lite 270WSM threaded 1/2 x 28. I run the 5/8 x 24 adapter on it with an SAS SS 30cal can. It shoots lights out. that big can looks a little funny on the thin profile barrel, but I have had zero issues with accuracy.

I would also probably thread the barrel 1/2-28 and go with an adapter. It will be strong enough and you will get solid alignment with the 1/2-28 to 5/8-24 adapters.

No problems on that front, but I do leave the adapter on the gun full time. It is rockset on there and shouldered perfect. I ordered the adapter from a gentleman here on the Hide... can't remember, but believe he was out of Kentucky.