• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Photos Tikka t3 RCS and Barrett 98 Bravo

S12A

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2009
Australia
gday all ,
just a few pics of my two long rifles,
Tikka still has a few mod's to come but shoots very well!
Cant complain about the Barrett either,
cheers,
Anthony

Re: Tikka t3 RCS and Barrett 98 Bravo

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Click to reveal.. <input type="button" class="form-button" value="Show me!" onclick="toggle_spoiler(this, 'Yikes, my eyes!', 'Show me!')" /></div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div style="display: none;">specs man, specs! what optics?</div></div></div> nevermind, clicked on the individual pics. very nice rifles!

beautiful...simply beautiful. pardon my ignorance...but what are the differences pro/con between the RCS Stock and the AI 1.5?

Nice rifles mate, very very nice

c_bass from my understanding, the AI is obviously made by accuracy international

The RCS is made by Roedale precision in germany... It is a solid alluminium chasis that accepts tika actions. The side panels on the RCS are actually AI sidepanels... so in a sense its sort of a tikka/roedale/AI hybrid

http://www.webshop.roedale.de/index.php?cat=c70_RCS.html

thanks vman. so basically, someone (RCS) took an AI stock set up and built a modified chassis to accept the Tikka T3? that makes sense i guess. there are always guys willing to build mods for everything.

at first glance i was going to ask if anyone had preference on the 1.5 over the 2.0...and then i noticed it was listed as a RCS Stock, so i had to do a double take and couldnt "see" a difference between the RCS or the 1.5
Now that the fog has cleared up a bit.
Are there any differences in the 1.5 and the 2.0 other than the folding feature?

gday fellas ,
thanks for the comments, always enjoy some positive feedback!

as far as i know the only difference is that the 2.0 folds.

cheers

How do you like your 98, and does it shoot sub MOA fairly easy, using factory ammo?

yeah it shoots great!

depends on conditions n shooter etc obviously.

loves lapua factory ammo , some excellent reload data out for it too , check the barrett rifles forum.

cheers

nice rigs..and nice tikka
laugh.gif
ehjeh

I have been looking for some good Intel on the Barrett 98 so your feedback would be great.

no worries,
i might start writing up a review i will put in the bolt action rifles section,
will be some time this week.
thanks,
anthony

How much do the Stocks normaly cost for the Tikka T3 ?? Also where do you get them if you don't mind me asking, I have a T3 in 308 and was wondering about stocks for it. There don't seem to be a lot of options for them.

Gday deh ,

Theres actually quite a few options now, especially for .308.

There is the roedale chassis system , available from www.roedaleprecision.com . The price is on the web shop page , around $900 i think , this changes the magazine set up to AICS mags too. brilliant chassis .

another option is the manners T4 , viewable at www.mannersstocks.com i dont have one of these, but only hear great things about them! arond $500 i think.

also mcmillan announced on here last week they are now doing stocks for the T3 as well , they are inletting for the A3 and the A5 stocks among others , best to email them for prices etc.

also robertson composites, pete lincoln of roedale precision knows the score with them , they arent what im into but gotta be better than the factory stock.

any questions mate PM me,, also there is quite a few posts on most of these stocks, available if you use this =

http://www.google.com/cse/home?cx=010955838166721108978:qcbx5qqy10o&hl=en

cheers mate