• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T3 RCS II Stocks finaly available

Pete Lincoln

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
just to let you all know that the RCS II T3 stocks are now available.

Black and FDE are on shelf, Green will be ready to go just as soon as the UPS van arrives with the Viperskins. We've been shipping pre ordered stocks out now for a few weeks and gradualy plenty must have arrived at thier desitnations.

the .223 - 308 - WSM version is currently available in left and right handed.

the .6.5x55 - 338wm version will be a few weeks, expect it to be ready by the IWA.

Folders there after. However, due to the fact that the fixed stock can be user converted into the folding stock I am in the process of writing to pre ordered folding stock customers to enquire about shipping a fixed stock to get them going and then shipping the folder conversion out as soon as its ready.
If any of you folding pre order guys see this, drop me a line and lets get you shooting those tacticool T3's in RCSII stocks asap.
thanks for your time.

Pete

_DSC6722.jpg

_DSC6711.jpg

Re: Tikka T3 RCS II Stocks finaly available

One of these days I will have to order one of the Mech Robot looking bipods from you. Those look really tough! Nice work on the Chassis, I may pre-order one of the magnum ones (.300 win mag) Do we have to pay VAT or are we excluded?

Frank. the robot looking bipods weigh little more than a Harris and are the best tactical type bipod ive seen. Long versions should be available around the IWA2012 (Mid march). No VAT on exports.

Michael. the handling qualities of a Tikka T3 Tactical in this stock is near as damn perfect a sniper rifle as i have ever come across. Its light, handy, ergonomic and accurate. The out of the box quality of the cheap and cheerfull Tikka is well known and appreciated, placed in a good stock the T3 holds its own among tactical rifles costing way more.
Well done on the Viperskins, they feel great.

Finaly after nearly 5 years of trying to get these stocks marketed they are finaly available. I'm delighted.

Pete

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bward6mm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WHAT IS 750,00 EURO IN AMERICAN CASH?</div></div>

Click here to find out

What does shipping cost on average to ship these to the States Pete?

Anyone look at the Raptor Chassis?

All you non EU guys do not have to pay the German VAT, so if you are registered with our shop you should see the tax free prices.

the RCS II's are currently 750€ tax paid, 750€ / 1.19 = 630.25€ thats about $820 there is however a 70€ export and shipping charge to add to that,. but for that 70€ you could have 10kg worth of kit shipped, which would be 3 stocks and 3 bipods, or maybe 4 stocks and the packaging. I think that makes them fairly reasonably priced.

The fixed RCS II stock is convertable to folding at any time in the future. we will have the conversion kits available as an accessory.

The rear end of the stock is replaceable with a section that contains a buttspike.

The Right hand chassis is convertable to left hand ( and the other way round also) but you'd need to swap the front end viperskins.

I think we have got these chassis well thought out, well made and i'm very pleased that we finaly are able to get them delivered out.

rgds Pete

That looks slick as hell

Are your Howa RCS stocks available

So pete for one of these we are looking at $850-$900 or so shipped total correct?

Bevan. thanks.. i like them too. I used up the last of my Howa RCS I chassis on riflebuilds quite a while ago and didnt go ahead with more chassis until i know the plastic issue was sorted. We've 30 tikka chassis on shelf and about another 50 ready for anodising.The machine is now running non stop on RAPTOR stocks for Remington and Tikka, The long cartridge tikka will be on the machine in a couple of weeks, once they are done the short Howa, then the long Howa, then the Remington and then back to the Tikka, then Savage then anything else that we think needs doing,, mauser 98, sako 75, steyr SSG etc.. one thing after another as time and financing allow. We do however need space on the machine for suppressor manufacture, that is currently, due to a machine breakage and a machine operator going to work for Audi 3 months behind what it should be. My sub contractor is looking at doubling shifts-leasing new machines to cope with current and future work load. So we intend to keep on top of these products.
T3 chassis are now available of shelf for short cal. .223-308 WSM etc, until they sell out, if they sell out before new are made.
What we want is to get to a possition where waiting time on any model of RCS II is no longer than it is on a typical carbon fiber stock from mcmillan or manners, and thats about 9 weeks in the USA i am lead to believe. Target is delivery time ranging between on shelf and 9 weeks max. I think anyonme is prepared to wait 9 weeks for a rifle stock. Please come back to me with feed back if i see that wrong.
We've had customers wait long on these stocks hitting the market, this has taken waaaay to long due to influences outside my control and I am absolutely in debt to the customers who have supported us in this project, what we now are about to do is return that support and make damn sure that the items are available within a decent time frame in the future.
The final remaing short T3 pre orders will ship out soon, the long will follow, pre ordered Howa's will ship just as soon as its possible. we are only talking a few weeks to maybe a couple of months until these models ship straight out.

Stan.. yep there abouts. depending on exchange rates.

rgds Pete

Good job Pete, they look great.

Let us know when the Howa SA stocks are ready.

I should have mine this week. Just waiting on the action then I will be ready to have it all put together.

Ordered one of these bad boys in a fixed left hand configuration back in November 2010. It has been quite the wait, and hopefully, despite the odd communication problem, that wait will be over shortly. I still think this is the best aftermarket option for the left hand Tikka brigade and hopefully the chassis performs as good as it looks. Now if only my order status would change to "shipped".

It will ship as soon as its cleared customs. should be in your hands very very soon. thankyou for your patience and supporting this project that is now finaly in top gear...

The Howa versions look like bieng ready ahead of what we thought too.

we are now realy pressing on with these stocks.

regards Pete

Good to hear Pete. With the light at the end of the tunnel, it's more a case of wanting to see if it works as well as it looks, and let's face it, the standard stock on the Tikka really does not do the T3 justice.

I've got mine this week on Tuesday (3 days shipping
smile.gif
time but before i review it i need to shoot it first (this Tuesday if all goes according to plan - bad weather forecasted...).

At first glance i really like it, had to drill holes into panels to access action screws (i really don't like unscrewing 6 screws to get panels off to get to the action) and will have to think about modding cheek rest to allow for bolt removal without taking cheek rest off. I'm a bit nervous about small "recoil stop" solution, using a lifted part of action where threads for action screws are located to mate/lock into stocks core but i'm sure it was tested and will hold. I'll write full review with pics after i shoot it.

So far i'm quite happy it really feels good a vast improvement over AI thumbhole...

Got your email Stan, reply sent.

Sharac.

glad you got your stock. the newer Viperskins come with no action bolt holes. Which infact suits us, as the AICS skins always had the action holes situated for the Rem 700, which didnt always match with other rifle actions,and it looks tidyer than having several holes.
The black stocks have the remington screw holes cut, plus one for the Tikka. FDE and Green have no holes. I expect future deliveries of black to have no holes.
Also personaly i found the action screw holes in the plastic actualy to cause abbrasion to skin during heavy usage situations.
The AI rifles do not have action screw holes cut either.

Its a simple job to make a hole in the plastic should anyone wish to do so, as you discovered.

Ref the recoil stop / lug. the raised portion of the area where the action screw goes in to creats a mini recoil lug, this has a 90° angle, this mates to a corresponding area the chassis, also (in the short version) the forward edge of the feed port also mates to the chassis. stocks like this have now been thoroughly tested and have been in circulation a couple of years and we haven't had any issues.

For the long caliber version we have a different recoil lug set up as the front of the feed port isn't usable with the long AICS mag in there.

Happy shooting, look forward to your report, and any feedback is most welcome.

regards Pete

These look very nice! It would be easier if we had Victor co. stock these.

Sending stocks to the USA is pretty simple.

we request a BAFA export permit, ( they are currently taking between 1 week and 10 days for stocks for the USA and Aus-NZ)
We then do an online customs declaration, take the order to the customs, its sits there till its processed by them and then we can ship it out.

Notes on the Tikka T3 Bolt Action Rifle.

The Tikka T3 rifle ranges in caliber from .222 Rem up to .338 Win Mag.

All these calibers and all models of T3 rifle are based around one and the same action length.

The only differences bieng:
the bolt face diameter,
the position of the bolt stop
and the internal dimentions of the factory magazine.( the factory mags come in several types but all have the same outside dimentions)

Irrelevant of caliber, all Tikka T3 rifle actions will fit in the RCS II chassis.

We offer however 2 different chassis which are designated Short Caliber and Long Caliber versions.

The difference in the 2 chassis is the magazine well, magazine latch and the magazine compatability

the mag well on the short caliber chassis is designed to take AICS magazines ( Yes AW mag will fit in, but will not fit in the underside of the T3 action unless you machine a lot of the action away, which isnt advisable)
By AICS magazines i mean the steel .308 type version. any of the AICS cloned magazines from the variouse companies should also fit. WSM versions are the same basic magazine, but have the lips altered and the plate in the front of the mag is missing,, they also work.
the .223 AICS magazines made from plastic will work with the .222 and .223 Tikka T3... however they need a small amount of plastic removed from the area of the magazine where the main body narrows into the feed lips. removing a little plastic allows the mags to be pushed in high enough to have the mag latch lock in and the feed height of the rounds to be correct.

the mag well on the long caliber chassis is designed to take the .300WM AICS magazine. this mag can be used for a number of different calibers by altering the feed lips. ( the .338 Lap AICS mags ( the older version, not the longer CIP length) will fit, but i doubt there are many T3's running .338Lap

The mag latch on the long caliber chassis is a different one to the short, this is due to space restrictions within the chassis side skins.

Any and all Tikka T3's will fit in the 1 or the other version of this chassis.

it will take barrels up to 31mm diameter easily.

It can also be machined to take a recoil lug that is possitioned between the barrel shoulder and the action, although this isn't currently pre machined. I may add this as a feature if i get enough requests for it.

so all Tikka T3's from the .222 sporter lite up through all hunter models, be they .260. 243,30-06, 9.3x62,300wm and .338 win mag,, all the varmint and scout models, to the T3 tacticals will all fit in one of the other version of the RCS II chassis..

regards Pete

Pete,

I'm considering the purchase of one of your RCS II systems for my T3 Tactical. You mentioned there will be an option in the near future to convert the fixed system to a folder. Will this require the purchase of a new set of Viperskins?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SBMarmam</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pete,

I'm considering the purchase of one of your RCS II systems for my T3 Tactical. You mentioned there will be an option in the near future to convert the fixed system to a folder. Will this require the purchase of a new set of Viperskins?
</div></div>

No not nesseceraly. it you look at the rear section of a set of Viperskins you can see where the slightly longer non folding 1.5 rear skins are cut away to make 2.0 folding skins.
Its a simple job to alter the 1.5 rear skins to make room for the folding hinge mechanism. Its a 2 minute job with a bandsaw, or a milling machine, and if you are carefull its easy to do with a hand saw.

Alternatively, for customers not wanting to cut thier 1.5 rear skins, we can offer a spare set of rear skins, we use these anyway on the RAPTOR stock and as such have them on shelf.

Rgds Pete

Can you still get the folding conversion on its own also? How is it installed?

Hi
I have just bought a roedale type b (long action )stock that uses voere mags ,my question is ,do the voere 223 mags fit this chassis as I would like to use it for my T3 in 223