• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T3 Scout CTR?

AzNooB

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 28, 2010
Dallas, TX
Does anyone have one? I'm considering getting one of these in .308 and eventually dropping it into a KRG W3 chassis instead of going the Rem700 route.

Re: Tikka T3 Scout CTR?

Had One and it Shot like a Freaken Laser! You should definitely Get it over the Remington 700 if you want the Out of Box Accuracy and Quality. The Action is Rock Solid and Butter Smooth! The only reason I got rid of mine was for a SAKO TRG 22 (My Dream Rifle). Or else I'd never part with it!

Below is the Link of that rifle when I had it setup in a KRG W3 Folder. I'm not a Seasoned Shooter but that rifle made me look GOOOOOOD at the Range. I had the best rifle/group that day out of about 20 other shooters at the 100 yard line.

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...596#Post3487596

Hope this helps!

Cheers.

HOG

I remember seeing one of these Tikka Scouts at the local dealer a couple years ago. If I remember correctly, the price was very reasonable. I wasn't buying at the time, but now these things are unavailable new and I really do wish I had snagged that one.

beretta usa no longer imports the tikka scout for some time now, 7-10 months is my memory is right. I had one on order through berettausa, was told they no longer import them. switched to the tikka varmint (I wanted a 223) was told that they no longer import that one as well but they did have one coming it that missed the last shipment so I got that one. Lady at berettausa told me I got the last tikka varmint to come stateside for a very long time. Best bet is to see if can find one that has been sitting for a while.

I've shot the Tikka T3 Tactical, which is similar to the T3 Scout. I've also owned a 700 LTR. I personally prefer the Tikka. The action is super smoothe and for whatever reason, I seemed to shoot better at 600 with it than the 700. If you dropped it into a KRG, you'd have a sweet set-up and would mitigate the one complaint I had about the Tikka and that was the magazines. A CDI upgrade was made to the one I shot, so it was rocking the AICS mags vs the factory polymer ones.

If you're looking for one new I believe Cabelas still have some Brand New In Box ones in stock for the .308 and .223 20"inch Barrel. I'd get the Scout over the Tactical which is pretty much a scout with a Factory Threaded Barrel and cost 50% More in price...

I'm very happy with my Tikka T3 Varmint in .223 Rem I have it in a KRG W3 Chassis and the thing is more accurate than anything I have ever shot.

I have a CTR in .223. Got it from Buds last year. Great little rifle. It's basically a T3 Lite with a 20" med-heavy barrel. Very light and compact. The stock is actually not that bad for a factory either. If you can get one w/o spending a bunch extra over the T3 Lite, pick one up. If not, the T3 Lite will shoot just as good, you'll just loose a little barrel weight and a round or two in the mag.

I've got the Scout CTR (.308win), and love the thing. It's a tack driver, and especially so when you consider the modest price ($820 when I bought it). I wouldn't hesitate to buy another if I saw one at the right price.

Wait... WHAT?

No more Tikka Varmints coming?

I've been lusting for a while. This could hurt the credit card.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HOGTOOTH5R</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you're looking for one new I believe Cabelas still have some Brand New In Box ones in stock for the .308 and .223 20"inch Barrel. I'd get the Scout over the Tactical which is pretty much a scout with a Factory Threaded Barrel and cost 50% More in price... </div></div>

Local Cabela's add had them on sale in 308 and 223 for $750. Not sure if the sale is still going on but maybe check there. For that price would definitely be worth your purchase.

Well I did what any other impulsive, firearm addict would do...

Tikka Tac .223 on the way!

Or do this

P1100048.jpg

Man. Cabelas has this on sale right now and I currently don't have a 223 in the safe. And I've got about $150 in Cabelas credits to play with.

I've got two one in 223 and one in 308 I love them both..... they both shoot better groups than I can hold and the actions are probably one of the smoothest I have ever felt.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Marksman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Man. Cabelas has this on sale right now and I currently don't have a 223 in the safe. And I've got about $150 in Cabelas credits to play with. </div></div>

Decided to go look at them today. The ad in the paper had them at $749 on sale so I told the kid I'd take one. He gets on the computer and types in the number, says he's got one more in stock, and that the price was even lower on his computer. Turned out it was marked down even further to a clearance price of $649. I guess even the blind squirrel finds a good deal every now and then.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Marksman</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Marksman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Man. Cabelas has this on sale right now and I currently don't have a 223 in the safe. And I've got about $150 in Cabelas credits to play with. </div></div>

Decided to go look at them today. The ad in the paper had them at $749 on sale so I told the kid I'd take one. He gets on the computer and types in the number, says he's got one more in stock, and that the price was even lower on his computer. Turned out it was marked down even further to a clearance price of $649. I guess even the blind squirrel finds a good deal every now and then. </div></div>

So after your Cabela's points I'm assuming you now have a $500 Scout? That's just wrong but very awesome for you if this is the case. Had I of known that when I was at one this past Friday I'd be in the hole $650 plus whatever impending alimony payments I would be about ready to be served.

But at least at least my 308 Scout would have a little brother.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jchapman</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Marksman</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Marksman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Man. Cabelas has this on sale right now and I currently don't have a 223 in the safe. And I've got about $150 in Cabelas credits to play with. </div></div>

Decided to go look at them today. The ad in the paper had them at $749 on sale so I told the kid I'd take one. He gets on the computer and types in the number, says he's got one more in stock, and that the price was even lower on his computer. Turned out it was marked down even further to a clearance price of $649. I guess even the blind squirrel finds a good deal every now and then. </div></div>

So after your Cabela's points I'm assuming you now have a $500 Scout? That's just wrong but very awesome for you if this is the case. Had I of known that when I was at one this past Friday I'd be in the hole $650 plus whatever impending alimony payments I would be about ready to be served.

But at least at least my 308 Scout would have a little brother. </div></div>

Yes sir. Just got done cleaning it and adjusting the trigger down. I've got a feeling me and this T3 are going to get along just fine.

So, did Beretta give any reason for why they are not importing these anymore? Does that mean no more Sako's either?