• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T3: Show me how well they shoot.

JGorski

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 25, 2011
Central Wis.
My buddy Moe just bought 2 in 270Win, one camo for him, the other stainless/synthetic T3 Lite for his nephew. After mounting 2 scopes for him I'm thinking about getting one myself, like I really need one, can you guys/gals show me how yours shoot?

I don't have any targets but my buddy got
One in 30/06. Was hitting out to 600 yards
First trip to the range. Chronograph+shooter app
I went out got a 695 in 30/06. Shoots great. Right
Now short action customs is doing a tikka in
7mm mag for me. I'll have pics then!!!

image.jpg 6 shots @ 1150yds, tikka t3 lite 7mm rem mag. 12" gong

My first trip to the range a couple of weeks ago with my T3 Lite .308
Three shots of Hornady SPF 165gr SST at 121yds.
They ain't nothing fancy but they do pretty good for a cheap out of the box rifle.
Can't wait to get somewhere to stretch her out :)
IMG_0609bc.JPG

Last edited:
No pics, as I did not want to call a cease fire for that, but earlier today I was shooting my T3 in 7mm-08 at a Steel plate at 540 yds. Using a Z600 reticle and holding the 550 line a couple inches low on the target I proceeded to fire 3 shots into approximately 3". Then I moved on to breaking clay targets at that range.

This was my first time with the rifle past 300.

A $600, sub 7 lb rifle and it shoots like a custom. Wow.

Tikka T3 Lite 30-06 with an early model Nikon 3-9x40 prostaff. Rifle is nice and lite but well balanced. There's a learning curve every time I take it out if I haven't shot it in awhile because the recoils and it is so light. But in off hand positions it's very comfortable to me.

When I first got it sighting in with factory hornady 150SP loads.
y7uhu7yh.jpg

Recently playing around with IMR4350 and 178 Amax
u8ebe7e5.jpg

ybyzezyr.jpg

Some pulled 150 GMX's and H4895. 3 shots 200 yards.
aza3equ9.jpg

My 150 SP's and H4895 at 200 yards.
eja8e5a8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tikka T3: Show me how well they shoot.

Tikka Scout in 308Win

Factory Black Hill 168gr ammo. (If only I took that shot on left circle at the center one on the first target. Would've been 6 in a hole : )
u8e4ynu4.jpg

e7a4eqe8.jpg

Handload at 300 yards with Hornady 168 hpbt's.
ydypunej.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Tikka T3 Hunter, .308 Win w/wood stock, completely stock - no mods (except of course for the addition of a scope).

Sierra 165 Gr. GameKing over 46.0 grains Varget - 2650 fps, Winchester brass, Winchester primers.

100 yards.

Three shots.

2010-11-10_TikkaT3Hunter-group.jpg

I have a T3 in .260. Yesterday I put five into a hole that was covered with a dime with room to spare. Hand loads. 140 Amax's. I'm a stupid little jackass cause I don't have a picture of it. Two buddies to witness. I'm no shooter, good rifle.

Guys, I can see that these Tikka rifles can certainly hold their own against anything out there, my hats off to you for shooting some mighty fine groups, can't wait to see how my buddies T3 shoots, keep the posts coming, Im a pic whore you know, :)

My two tikka's shot really good out of the box, one was a heavy barreled 308 and the other was a 260 sporter. The 308 got rebarreled for better balistics(243 fast twist). The 260 started throwing shots at about 15-1800 rds. It was my first &last 260. Cartridge seemed rather finicky and didn't like getting donuts in lapua and nosler 260 brass. It wears a 243ai fast twist now.
Both rifles out of the box had smoother bolts and actions than any trued up remy i have or have handled. Factory triggers are good and can be lightened to 2 lbs with a metric allen wrench. I simple spring swap, or clip a coil off of the spring under that screw, wil let the trigger adjust down to 12 oz. Mine are set at 20 oz, with a coil clipped off, and have never had an AD or ND in 1000s of rds. A trg trigger bolts right in for 2 stage fans. The only con i have is that when on safe the bolt can't be opened to clear the chamber. A savage or win 3 position safety would be nice.
While not factory, i have several groups on steel at 1k that are in the 3-4" range.

Wind flags and pretty ideal conditions. Best group to date with the 243 was 4 shots inside of 2" unfortunately shot #3 added about 2" to make a 4". Barreled action done by Brian Wick, Krieger lv contour.236" 1-8 tw@26". Sits in a w3 chassis, shot off pedestal rest and 18lb bumble bee rear bag. Believe it or not i used 107 smk with no sorting, just meplat trim.

Many may not know...

"Tikka M595 Continental. It's a handsome and well-made rifle with a slick action. Accuracy was very good, as seems to be a trait of Tikka rifles. This can be seen in the fact the 1999 British Long-Range Benchrest Championship was won by a Tikka Continental in 6.5x55. Group size was an almost unbelievable 10 rounds into 4.4 inches at 1,000 yards."

I don't have pics but my favorite field rifle was a Tikka T3 lightweight stainless in 06. The only thing I would have done differently was get a SA in .308. That rifle was as accurate coldbore as any I have ever owned and also had my favorite factory trigger of any rifle I have owned. The bolt coating made it super smooth and the bolt throw angle is superior to a Remington. Being a lightweight, the POI would shift slightly every single round fired (of course I am talking about shooting strings here and barrel heat), but this is to be expected, it heated up quick and cooled down quick. They're great, when I have the cash and want to do something somewhat foolish and awesome Ill get a T3 lightweight SS in .308 and run a micro aimpoint on it.

will be getting 2 more to go with my 270wsm. The next ones will be in 7mm-08, for the wife and her daughter. the wsm shoots 1/2 min out to 400