• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

tikka t3 sporter stock options

Daniel1381

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 18, 2013
was wondering who makes a stock for the tikka t3 sporter.. right now I have the orange laminated stock.

If you have a short action caliber you have tons of options. Almost everyone makes them. Manners, MacMillan, Bell and Carlson, and chassis too, XLR, Mcree, KRG.

I'd get the KRG, but look around. There are lots of options.

If you've got a 6.5x55 or something, my understanding is that AICS mags won't work and your options are somewhat more limited.

McMillan or Manners would still work for 6.5x55 with factory mags. CDI also makes bottom metal that uses AICS 300 winmag magazines that supposed to work, I read that feed lips need to be squized a little. If you want a chassis and have a long action caliber then you are out of luck.

Mine is the 6.5x55.. i saw where one member on here dyed the laminated stock black..what do you guys think about doing this??

I think I like the stock the way it is. I'm not sure though and if you're sure you don't it's just wood and you could paint it any color you want.

Sending the rifle in to get a spiral fluted bolt ... And chopping the barrel down to 16.25 or 18 in..

16.25 6.5x55 would be interesting. I just got one that is 20", haven't shot it yet, but it balances nicely. Shorter would be even handier I am sure. Just wondering about muzzle flash and noise. Of course suppressor can fix both if allowed where you are. Please let us know how it will turn out.

Will do horizon firearms are the guys gonna do the work for me. He will also install a muzzle break on it to help with muzzle jump and can be removed in future for a silencer. Kicking the thought around of having my barrel fluted while its there.. what do yall think straight or spiral. Bolt will be getting spiral..tha ks guys for help and input will post pics when done

Always wanted a short bolt.. most of my shots will be 2-300 yards and thats pushing it

Last edited: