• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T3 Stainless Fluted, Anyone using one?

Kells81

Slacker
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Nov 15, 2006
    Granbury TX
    I have been offered a T3 that is stainless fluted in trade and it looks interesting. Anyone actually put rounds down range with one with any decent results? Caliber is 270 and looking at the specs it weighs in at 6#'s which seems pretty light.

I've shot a couple. Tikka's in general are nice rifles for the money and typically shoot pretty damn good as is. It's definitely worth consideration depending on what you are trading.

L

edt: And given the options becoming available for Tikka's they are making good donor rifles.

Looks like a Cabelas Exclusive gun. Trade would be an AR15 built on PSA parts ($400 complete upper, $100 Lower build kit, $85 lower, $71 DD rear sight) Gun includes a Leup Rifleman 3-9x40. Prolly do the deal and see how it looks.

I have a couple of T3 lites and they are very easy to load for. Pretty much moa on anything you send dow the tube. My buddy has the Sportsmans Warehouse Tikka Superlight (exclusive to Cabelas and Sportsmans), it is pretty much the same rifle, but looks to have a Sako Finnlight bbl. These rifles are easy to carry, and contrary to most scoffers, the stock is rather ridged and cut to perfection(the only reason to upgrade the stock is because you want one). Trigger is good to go.

Now because the rifle is very light, there is a significant amount of recoil. Effects can be mitigated by using a scope with an appropriate eye relief (most modern scopes have 4" or more), and a limbsaver pad. In all reality the recoil is not that bad, just would not want to shoot a high cal round all day at the range. All in all, if the price is right, and you need a mountain rifle, I would snag it. You can always add weight to the stock if you want.

Like one other members stated, "comfort is relative, you carry your rifle for hours, but only shoot it for a few seconds."

Its definitely a sportsmans warehous/bass/cabelas special. Dont own one but ive sold lots of them and seen the results. Itd be my only choice for a factory lightweight hunting rifle. They typically weigh 5.8lbs. They sell around $700

Last edited:
    I've been looking at the Superlites for going on 3 years now at my local Sportsman's Warehouse. They have several calibers available and have almost walked out with one in .308 several times. I was under the impression that they were identical to the regular t3 lite, just with fluting done to the same t3 lite barrels. With 5 oz rings and 14 oz scope, should be right at 7lbs scoped. The Finns know how to build 'em.

These are manufactured one time a year and only in certain calibers and avail through the box giants. The selection is growing though with new calibers coming this spring, wish they would offer the 338win again. The Tikka T3 Lite SS in my opinion and use are the best bang for the buck in a off the shelf hunting rifle. QC has no equal, never sent a Tikka back or had a complaint about quality control. Cannot say that about any other manufacture. In fact, call Berreta and try to send one back for warranty work.

Accuracy is sub moa with hunting loads but with mag calibers can be a hand full and this is where accuracy is degraded, not by the tool but the trigger actuator, spare mag is around $60, the stock is not as flimsy as the other cheap synth, trigger is superb as is the bolt. Add a 2-7 or 2.5-8 Leupy for a light weight hunting pop gun.

In my opinion and use, Tikka is the only off the shelf option for a quality hunting rifle.

Just bought one in 7 Rem... Goddamnn thing is light. I'm going to be working up loads for 168 VLDs this coming weekend. I'll report back after...

Tanner