• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Tikka T3 TAC

mk36

Private
Minuteman
Nov 1, 2010
NE WI
May purchase 7.62 T3 TAC as back up to primary. Haven't had any experience with these rifles. Reviews seem good but those can be misleading. Anything to watch for? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Re: Tikka T3 TAC

Never shot or seen a Tikka that would not shoot very well. I have owned three including the Tactical model. All of them will/would shoot sub 1/2" groups at 100 yards all day long...with quality factory ammo.

And now days there is a growing aftermarket support for them.

Here are a couple of videos I shot that will give you a bit more info.

Take care,Stan

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Tgm8YRUJx00"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Tgm8YRUJx00" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jQlB16d0DA4"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jQlB16d0DA4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

I had one. Excellent rifles. Great accuracy, smooth bolt and decent trigger. The only issue I had was the stock sucked and the bolt shroud is cheap plastic that breaks off. Got a AI style from roedale precision and a replacement shroud and it was good to go. I miss that rifle...

Thanks BgBmBoo,
I enjoyed your videos, been thinking of picking up a Tikka, where do you buy the custom parts you have on your rifle............Thanks!!!

Bought the Tikka today. Topped it with a Leatherwood 3-9X40. Boresighted and scope at zero-zero. Zeroed at 100m .75" right, corrected best .526 with Fed GM 168gr. Thanks again.

Jeff at CDI has the bolt shrouds and complete replacement bolt handle with badger style bolt knob. Both drop in parts.
He also has trigger/bottom metal that takes the AICS mags. Search back a page or two and/or the gunsmith page, see the reviews. I like mine.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: metalmole</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks BgBmBoo,
I enjoyed your videos, been thinking of picking up a Tikka, where do you buy the custom parts you have on your rifle............Thanks!!! </div></div>

roedale precision out of Germany also makes some nice T3 parts.

mk 36 - you may want to consider tikka's varmint rigs - they're basically the same as the tik tac, but cheaper. They come without an adjustable cheek piece, no muzzle brake, and no picitinny rail (the tik tacs rail is a 0 moa anyways). Up here in Kanuckastan they're about $500 cheaper. I went with a varmint then spent 50 bucks or less on an egw 20 moa rail.

Then I broke down and bought Roedale's RCS stock + their muzzle brake.

Only problem with the T3 SS barrel is it will rust if don't use oil or other (Carnauba wax) on it and Beretta does not answer emails
frown.gif
other than that both my 30-06 and 6.5x55 are tack drivers. I think I need another Tikka T3...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nelly250</div><div class="ubbcode-body">mk 36 - you may want to consider tikka's varmint rigs - they're basically the same as the tik tac, but cheaper. They come without an adjustable cheek piece, no muzzle brake, and no picitinny rail (the tik tacs rail is a 0 moa anyways). Up here in Kanuckastan they're about $500 cheaper. I went with a varmint then spent 50 bucks or less on an egw 20 moa rail.

Then I broke down and bought Roedale's RCS stock + their muzzle brake. </div></div>

I'd be interested to see pics of your setup!

I just bought a used T3 Varmint in .223 from a forum member over at Predator Masters. The gun is an absolute tack driver and shoots just as BgBmBoo's. I inquired about a tactical stock for it @ Jackson Rifles over seas and they wanted $925 shipped for a Robertson Composites. I now have a note into Robertson in Canada to see what their costs are.

I'll be checking out Roedale's to see what they offer.

BgBmBoo, nice videos, enjoyed them and learned a lot on the upgrade features. Thanks.

BBsteelI'd be interested to see pics of your setup! [/quote said:
pics to come shortly - the roedale parts are still on their way.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Six Five Guy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here is a little more tikka info.
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...821#Post2008821

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...291#Post1884291
</div></div>

Thanks for the links. I haven't even seached on here yet. I bought my gun for $550 shipped and that Manners stock looks to be half the price as the Robertson. With the cost of the T3 tactical it looks like I can put one together with better aftermarket parts for the same price.

My goal is to learn a bit on this gun and see if I truly want to buy a TRG 22 in .308 in the future.

Thanks for all of the great replies and info. I'm very happy with this rifle. Nailed a coyote from prone at 321 paces across field this past Monday during deer season. Will post pics next. Thank goodness I wasn't planning on keeping the pelt, that Fed .308 turned him inside out. I have contacted CDI and also Roedale for muzzle brake. Next maybe a suppressor... again thank you all for your time.