• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Firearms Tikka t3 tactical 223

bna5017

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 17, 2018
Tikka t3 tactical with a heavy profile 20" 1 in 8 twist barrel.

Slight modifications: re threaded to 5/8-24. I also put this in a ctr stock and installed the factory adjustable cheek piece. Happy to send the original stock along with it.

Scope is a gen 1 6-24 vortex viper pst, ffp with erb2c reticle, mil/mil.

Muzzle brake and arca rail not included.

$1300 OBO shipped to an ffl. Only trades would be for a custom action or barreled action in 6 or 6.5cm, preferably a zermatt origin. This is posted locally as well.

Attachments

• PXL_20221207_143253766.jpg
    PXL_20221207_143253766.jpg
    600.8 KB · Views: 645
  • PXL_20221207_143424170.jpg
    PXL_20221207_143424170.jpg
    633.4 KB · Views: 640
Last edited:
Price dropped to $1300.

Would consider separating, $800 for the rifle, $500 for the scope

I bought this rifle used so I'm not sure of the round count. It shoots better than I would expect out of a factory rifle.

Reactions: banks74
How’s the trigger on the gun? And what’s she weigh without glass. Any trade options?

The trigger is on par with any Tikka triggers I've ever used, I've had 5 or 6 and they're all very nice. It's about 7.5 lbs. I'm looking to build a 6 or 6.5 creedmoor on a Bighorn origin so anything I can use towards that would interest me.

What magazine(s) does this come with? CTR or the plastic single stack version?

I only have the plastic magazine for it, but I do have the ctr bottom metal that will go with it so you could acquire a ctr 223 magazine

I have an old Tikka Tactical 223 with 20in barrel. It is the only rifle I have owned that did not modify. They are tack drivers with the 1/8 twist barrel using 75 and/or 77 grain bullets. The only thing I did to it was put it into a KRG X-ray chassis so that it would feed long 77 grain bullets reliably with an MDT and/or AI magazine. It shoots just as accurately with the stock OEM stock or KRG chassis. The triggers are also great and if you replace the bolt handle with a Sterk, it is the cat's meow. You will not be disappointed.

I have an old Tikka Tactical 223 with 20in barrel. It is the only rifle I have owned that did not modify. They are tack drivers with the 1/8 twist barrel using 75 and/or 77 grain bullets. The only thing I did to it was put it into a KRG X-ray chassis so that it would feed long 77 grain bullets reliably with an MDT and/or AI magazine. It shoots just as accurately with the stock OEM stock or KRG chassis. The triggers are also great and if you replace the bolt handle with a Sterk, it is the cat's meow. You will not be disappointed.
Thanks ratton! I'm hopeful I don't regret selling this one. My favorite rifle in my safe.

Sold pending funds! Will update this thread if anything changes.