• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Suppressors Tikka T3 Tactical w/suppressor

finnwerke757

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 27, 2008
virginia
Anyone running this rifle in 308 w/ a suppressor? If so which one. Im runnin into a problem finding one with M18x1 threads. I found YHM that has a QD version of the .338 that uses their proprietary flash hider/muzzle brake. Do I have any other options.

Re: Tikka T3 Tactical w/suppressor

AAC used to offer the Cyclone for the Sako and Tikka's, haven't checked lately,
Real nice combo. and worth an e-mail to them.
9641re2.jpg

I have been checking prices and the Shark is well over $1000. I would like to stay on the under side of $1000 if possible.

I had my .223 version re-threaded, 1/2 x 28 for my AWC Raider.
Great set up!

I had considered having the muzzle rethreaded to 5/8-24. Im not familiar with the metric conversions, does it have enough meat left below the M18x1 to use the same shank to rethread?

Alderleet, thanks for the info. Ive did some searching and have found zilch in the way of a M18 to 5/8 adapter. Ill look into it and see what happens.

I'm using a finnish BR Reflex T8 on my T3 Tactical, very solid and they will make threads to your specification. Don't know if there is a US retailer, but it shouldn't cost more than $6-700 tops.
I also use BR Reflex suppressors on my TRG-42 and my AR15..

Anyone running this rifle in 308 w/ a suppressor? If so which one. Im runnin into a problem finding one with M18x1 threads. I found YHM that has a QD version of the .338 that uses their proprietary flash hider/muzzle brake. Do I have any other options.

Many good ideas posted already. Something to consider when contemplating an adapter vs re-threading the 18-1 to a more US-friendly 5/8-24 is how many more weapons or how many more cans are in your current inventory or future plans. If all your other goodies are threaded 5/8-24, it is probably cheaper and more convenient logistically to forgo an adapter and have your Tikka muzzle re-threaded. If this will be your one and only, probably just buy an 18-1 ready can. As such, a couple of my .223 guns are threaded 5/8-24 (as opposed to the 1/2-28 .22cal standard) to have the convenience of using a .30 can without adapter. If this is your first suppressor, you might as well plan on several more in the future, in my opinion. NFA items are habit forming.

I am a huge fan of the Brake Attach suppressors as they give you much more flexibility for the future use of your suppressor. The brakes also help take the brunt of the first initial hit of gasses/unburnt powder, instead of having your first blast baffle taking all of it. This should increase the life of your suppressor.

Like I said above, I am a huge fan of Thunder Beast Suppressors. All of my customers that have purchased them have been extremely happy too.

I have a Tikka T3 Tactical and am going through the same question process of rethread vs adapter. I have a Surefire 762-SOCOM-RC in jail waiting for its stamp and have brakes for it on my other .308s. Surefire says they WILL be making the SOCOM brakes threaded in 18x1 but they have yet to produce any of them. They are also unable to give a timeline on when the first ones will be produced. If you look at some of their legacy cans that are still available, they do have previously produced 18x1 brakes and flash hiders.

Running Ase Utra S series cans for all my rifles, including the T3.
Best suppressors i have ever tried, and extremely effective for they're size.
Welded 300 stainless steel will last for a long time.

Compared to TBAC or any other i can't really compare as they're impossible to export.
Besides US manufacturers seems scared of putting out they're actual noise reduction levels.

They was looking for a US manufacturer to produce they're cans there under lisence.
Not sure if they are though.

I am a huge fan of the Brake Attach suppressors as they give you much more flexibility for the future use of your suppressor. The brakes also help take the brunt of the first initial hit of gasses/unburnt powder, instead of having your first blast baffle taking all of it. This should increase the life of your suppressor.

Like I said above, I am a huge fan of Thunder Beast Suppressors. All of my customers that have purchased them have been extremely happy too.

What he said.