• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T3 Thread

So I'm indeed rocking a 30/06 in my T3. Still on the fence with working on the action or moving to the T3X. Your input helps though. May end up just changing rifles before I get too deep into this one
I wouldn’t get rid of a t3 for a t3x. The recoil lug if you are using the factory stock can be swapped. If you buy an aftermarket stock, they come with a new lug anyhow. The plastic bolt shroud can be replaced cheaply as well. As far as the slightly smaller ejection port on your t3, have you been hampered by it it any way? The Sako TRG rifles have small ejection ports and its a non issue.

Well, besides I do have a T3x, I would give a .... if I would have a rifle that shoots the lights out if there are newer versions or not, especially when there is no really upgrade I can see.

Just my opinion.

Old optic on my "budget" LR build... will post pics of new setup soon... headed to range today to zero!

4Rfe1oz.jpg

The only reason they stated on enlarging the port on the T3x was for easier single feeding.
I've got both and no problems with either one single feeding

Reactions: Stooxie
I wouldn’t get rid of a t3 for a t3x. The recoil lug if you are using the factory stock can be swapped. If you buy an aftermarket stock, they come with a new lug anyhow. The plastic bolt shroud can be replaced cheaply as well. As far as the slightly smaller ejection port on your t3, have you been hampered by it it any way? The Sako TRG rifles have small ejection ports and its a non issue.
Nope, no issues ejecting at all. I'm a huge fan of the rifle and as long as it keeps taking deer and shooting sub-MOA, I think I might be willing to show it some love and build on to it

Nope, no issues ejecting at all. I'm a huge fan of the rifle and as long as it keeps taking deer and shooting sub-MOA, I think I might be willing to show it some love and build on to it

Don’t trade it. Only differences from T3 to T3x that I’m aware of are:
  • T3x has improved plastic stock (replaceable palm piece, better recoil pad and steel recoil lug)
  • T3X has metallic bolt shrout which I bought for 10€ and there is also many nice aftermarket parts
  • T3x has somehow “improved” rail attachment. There might be more bolt holes but I don’t have any issues with my T3.
  • T3x has bigger ejection port for more reliable ejection. In theory I prefer T3 smaller one due stiffer action but there is probably no real gain
  • And if I remember correctly T3x’s has the “CTR cut” underside action. It’s for CTR bottom metal so CTR bottom metal will fit to non CTR T3x without modifications
So if you don’t have any feeding issues you don’t gain anything by updating T3 to T3x. You can buy improved stock cheaply second hand or get something better, replacing bolt shrout is 2 min job if you wish and your gunsmith can make “CTR cut” to T3 easily if you wish to go to CTR bottom metal using TRG mags.

Last edited:
Reactions: sakorey
Does any one know if tikka has one size firing pin between 308 bolt face and 223 bolt face, I have come to the realization that there is no left hand 223 in the US so I was contemplating getting a diff caliber and buying and a 223 bolt but cant find a complete bolt. I found a stripped bolt body and firing pin assembly but the firing pin assembly description does not specify large or small firing pin

Don’t trade it. Only differences from T3 to T3x that I’m aware of are:
  • T3x has improved plastic stock (replaceable palm piece, better recoil pad and steel recoil lug)
  • T3X has metallic bolt shrout which I bought for 10€ and there is also many nice aftermarket parts
  • T3x has somehow “improved” rail attachment. There might be more bolt holes but I don’t have any issues with my T3.
  • T3x has bigger ejection port for more reliable ejection. In theory I prefer T3 smaller one due stiffer action but there is probably no real gain
  • And if I remember correctly T3x’s has the “CTR cut” underside action. It’s for CTR bottom metal so CTR bottom metal will fit to non CTR T3x without modifications
So if you don’t have any feeding issues you don’t gain anything by updating T3 to T3x. You can buy improved stock cheaply second hand or get something better, replacing bolt shrout is 2 min job if you wish and your gunsmith can make “CTR cut” to T3 easily if you wish to go to CTR bottom metal using TRG mags.
Thanks for the fantastic input. I think you just settled any doubt that I had. Great to have extremely knowledgeable individuals on this forum.

Reactions: NiemiPT
So I caught the Tikka bug a bit late. This is my first. It’s a Tikka T3X CTR with a 20” barrel in 6.5 Creedmoor. Sitting in a KRG Bravo running AI mags. Mountain tactical trigger spring, 20MOA rail, and bolt shroud, Anarchy Outdoors 11° swept back titanium ball bolt handle, Leupold MK4 35mm rings, and a Leupold MK5HD 3.6-18 scope. I’ve got a Timney trigger in the mail as we speak which will be the final upgrade for it. I’ve gotta say that I’m thoroughly impressed with this rifle. It outshoots my Seekins Havak Bravo in 6.5 Creedmoor and that cost well north of twice the price. Might just be a Tikka fanboy for life now.

Attachments

• 1D0A0635-F5F5-4822-B785-118419692B30.jpeg
    1D0A0635-F5F5-4822-B785-118419692B30.jpeg
    766.5 KB · Views: 214
Next stop in to a cerakote.
After that spiral fluting, that barrel lost 200gram of weight, 7oz. and bolt about 1oz.
I had to measure that barrel after it came back from the gunsmith, it look so short, but it is still factory 20" barrel :)
View attachment 7236576

Dang! Every one of your posts I’ve seen on this entire forum have not only beautiful, well put together weapons, but also skilled photography in picturesque backgrounds with excellent composition. Sincerest thanks for sharing all of them.

Reactions: viking78
Dang! Every one of your posts I’ve seen on this entire forum have not only beautiful, well put together weapons, but also skilled photography in picturesque backgrounds with excellent composition. Sincerest thanks for sharing all of them.
@viking78 spends all his money on dressing up his rifles. He can only afford to shoot his camera and not the rifles!!!!

Thank you lads :)
I take mostyl of my photos in my backyard :)
I would like to shoot whit my rifles as often i a take pictures, but it is not possible.
So this instagram is come like a extra hobby on the guns side :)
And more people i have coming to follow my insta account, more effort i seem to put on the pictures too.
Nice to know you like my pictures, when i started my insta career, i had no experience of photograpy, but our friend google gave the answer :D
I would like though to take a class of photography, but have not found one.

Also into Tikka thead. Mine with a brand new stock from @ejg ?

- Tikka T3 CTR .260 rem 20”
- PSE Composites E-Tac 4 CTR mil-spec with ARCA-rail
- Falcon Optics M18+ 4-18x44
- Warne X-Skel
- Harris kind of bipod and chinese M-lok to sling stud adapter
- VTAC wide padded upgraded sling
- GrovTec Heavy Duty Push Button Swivels
- Jaki Semi Classic supressor
- Tikka OEM metallic bolt shrout
- Chinese bubble level

It started as a low budget rifle but it’s getting awesome. Falcon is obviously next thing to upgrade. I have a Spuhr SP-4601 waiting for Steiner, S&B or Kahles and Falcon will continue service at the top of my P94S where cantilever mount will suit nicely. I also have an ACI which I will install to Spuhr.

At some point I will have a lighter Ase Utra supressor, some quality bipod and maybe a Sterk bolt handle but I still like to keep my budget and try to avoid bling bling. Anyway I want to use only quality parts! It’s all for purpose not for show ?

View attachment 7237392
View attachment 7237396

Atlasworx are very good to deal with. We use their LA T3 AI dbm since years. LA T3 /AI mag can be a bit tricky. We always bed the action first, then drop in the mag system with magazine in place so that it fits in the best natural position of the mag opening in the action. Rather have the stock inlet slightly too big so that the position can be found. Then bed the floorplate at least front and rear tang in exactly that position. Action screws only very very lightly tightened to bed. Once done the mag should click in position with very little play. To get a looser fit shorten the catch.
edi

Atlasworx are very good to deal with. We use their LA T3 AI dbm since years. LA T3 /AI mag can be a bit tricky. We always bed the action first, then drop in the mag system with magazine in place so that it fits in the best natural position of the mag opening in the action. Rather have the stock inlet slightly too big so that the position can be found. Then bed the floorplate at least front and rear tang in exactly that position. Action screws only very very lightly tightened to bed. Once done the mag should click in position with very little play. To get a looser fit shorten the catch.
edi
Can you confirm that you can take a "regular" T3X, put it in your CTR stock and use an Atlasworx CTR bottom metal?

Reactions: TCOmega
I must say that it is quite very interesting, that what Tikka has offer in to a 2020.
New rifle is already announced, but there is something new coming.

I could not believe that there is not coming totally new rifle.

If there is, 22LR rifles are very popylar these days.

Could it be something made aroung the T1X?

Tikka T1X precision TAC?

What do you guys think?

I must say that it is quite very interesting, that what Tikka has offer in to a 2020.

Tikka T1X precision TAC?

What do you guys think?

I think it will be new chamberings.

Bob

ETA- might as well guess what they will be so...6.5prc, 300prc and 6mm creedmoor

Last edited:
Reactions: viking78

Tikka T1X precision TAC?

What do you guys think?

Maybe T1X in stainless?

Tikka T1X precision TAC?

What do you guys think?
Actual support of Lefties?

Reactions: Chase214
Actual support of Lefties?
Won't ever happen I called last week to find a left hand 223 , well just like the left hand CTR they dont import them in the US the dude told me it wasn't cost effective to import them, I then asked him why there were sales on right hand rifles that distributors couldn't get rid of but most left hand rifles were out of stock , he had no answer

Guys, I'm a bit worried about the direction Tikka is heading in.

I have three Tikka's, and looking at getting a fourth one but probably second-hand.

Their new UPR features a stock that is obviously a copy of PSE composites offerings, even down to the colour scheme.

The factory bolt and barrel fluting seems unnecessary, I understand it is a popular aftermarket mod but fear this is being done just to look better on shelves.

Hopefully Barrrett is not trying to economise the Tikka line ala Remington 700 and Freedom Group, wouldn't want their fancy Fieldcraft rifle to be shown up by the Finnish offerings perhaps?

• Haha
Reactions: TheChief
Guys, I'm a bit worried about the direction Tikka is heading in.

I have three Tikka's, and looking at getting a fourth one but probably second-hand.

Their new UPR features a stock that is obviously a copy of PSE composites offerings, even down to the colour scheme.

The factory bolt and barrel fluting seems unnecessary, I understand it is a popular aftermarket mod but fear this is being done just to look better on shelves.

Hopefully Barrrett is not trying to economise the Tikka line ala Remington 700 and Freedom Group, wouldn't want their fancy Fieldcraft rifle to be shown up by the Finnish offerings perhaps?
?

Won't ever happen I called last week to find a left hand 223 , well just like the left hand CTR they dont import them in the US the dude told me it wasn't cost effective to import them, I then asked him why there were sales on right hand rifles that distributors couldn't get rid of but most left hand rifles were out of stock , he had no answer

That sucks that the biggest marketing area USA, Tikka import in US dont understand left hand shooters.
We have lefties i believe in every model in Finland, why not is US where the biggest marketing area is.

Hey Ragnar, :sneaky:

great shooting there.

I´ve just ordered a Bix´n Andy trigger.
Hope it is worth the money like all say.

After that my project is Finished.
:D

Tikka T3s (Super Varmint basis)/Bix'n Andy trigger/Sterk bolt handle/shroud
back: MTU .260 Rem
front: "heavy" MTU 6mm ??

View attachment 7240091View attachment 7240092
Does the barrel protrude slightly wider than the action face of the front rifle. I know some guys get the action face machined back to avoid that but then prefits and takeoffs arent an option anymore. I would just let it be.

Rifle from the same factory, received it from a friend to test.

So, which shot better, the Sako or the Tikka? Many people claim that the Tikkas are barrel rejects from the Sako factory. I can tell you from my experience that if these are rejects then the good barrels must be insane. All of my Sakos and Tikkas are about the same accuracy-wise at roughly .25-.50 MOA and have been since their first shots. Haven’t had the pleasure of shooting a new M110 yet but I’m going to assume they would be no different. You can’t go wrong with a rifle from either of these companies.

Does the barrel protrude slightly wider than the action face of the front rifle. I know some guys get the action face machined back to avoid that but then prefits and takeoffs arent an option anymore. I would just let it be.
If you zoom in, he’s had his machined it looks

yup! well spotted! was planning to then I got over it haha.

So, which shot better, the Sako or the Tikka? Many people claim that the Tikkas are barrel rejects from the Sako factory. I can tell you from my experience that if these are rejects then the good barrels must be insane. All of my Sakos and Tikkas are about the same accuracy-wise at roughly .25-.50 MOA and have been since their first shots. Haven’t had the pleasure of shooting a new M110 yet but I’m going to assume they would be no different. You can’t go wrong with a rifle from either of these companies.

For the money you pay, i would go for Tikka, hands down.
But it´s nice to have that 10K sniper rifle for a test :)
Situation that wont come second time.
But overall, that M10 is amazing rifle, but so it the price.
Thought those other real sniper rifles, like AI,Cadex, Barret, and so on are not any cheaper.

Reactions: SilentStalkr
has anyone used the PR pre fit barrels for the T3 off stocky stocks? fit well?

yup! well spotted! was planning to then I got over it haha.
Only because I was looking for it. I would leave it alone as well if I decided to rebarrel that heavy. I would hate to lose the prefit option. That is a huge benefit over most if not all factory actions.