• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T3 Thread

he bought one, looks flipping stupid with the pencil thin barrel on the 308"lite".
hes going to use the bravo for a 6.5 build hes planning down the track.

any other ideas that involve regular looking hunting stocks people have had success with?

i personally told him to look for a tikka hunter take-off stock which will make the thing look like it should, but hey, what do i know 😂

Rifles are not exactly examples of fine art, why are people so worried about a little gap in the barrel channel? Only has advantages to have a larger barrel gap. Some barrel channels can't be milled out without destroying strength/stiffness meaning it is better off to have a barrel channel that takes at least varmint contours to be safe for future changes. A lite in a varmint stock is no issue. T3 actions are very precise and aftermarket stocks can be ordered with epoxy bedding done already to take any T3/T1X/T3X. Great for those who run several rifles/cal in PRS/PRL or hunting.
My T3 Lite in varmint barrel contour carbon stocks.

E-Lite 1.5-8x24.jpg
T3 223 Multipurpose aics.jpg

edi

any other ideas that involve regular looking hunting stocks people have had success with?

take a Look at the Stocks from German Gunstock. They have a wide Range of different styles, also for Hunting, and all Come With Aluminium bedding.

Reactions: Gee Kay
Rifles are not exactly examples of fine art, why are people so worried about a little gap in the barrel channel? Only has advantages to have a larger barrel gap. Some barrel channels can't be milled out without destroying strength/stiffness meaning it is better off to have a barrel channel that takes at least varmint contours to be safe for future changes. A lite in a varmint stock is no issue. T3 actions are very precise and aftermarket stocks can be ordered with epoxy bedding done already to take any T3/T1X/T3X. Great for those who run several rifles/cal in PRS/PRL or hunting.
My T3 Lite in varmint barrel contour carbon stocks.

View attachment 7400703View attachment 7400704

edi

that looks more like what he is after. what brand of stocks are they? i'll show him as i think thats the style he wants to move to over a chassis style stock.

take a Look at the Stocks from German Gunstock. They have a wide Range of different styles, also for Hunting, and all Come With Aluminium bedding.

i'll pass that on. hopefully there is a wider variety here than what hes seen so far.

that bothers me and so far it was the reason I didn't buy the tac a1.

take a look at the variant of the xlr chassis, I think it's done quite well. something like this could perhaps be added to the tikka chassi

Yeah, i need to fix that mag problem, and i think i have one way to do it.
XLR thump rest i have been looking, it would be nice, and it is adjustable.
But i send message to XLR, and they do not shipped to Finland.
But my wife sister lives in California, i could ask if she could do the order for me and send it over.
Only s..t is that the corona 2-snd wave is is coming, and all the commercial air flines are down, shipping takes a year.
T3 action has a T3X cut thru to the action and gunsmith added a beefy recoil lug in to the TAC A1 picatinny rail, should hold on with those 4 screws and that massive 1/4" recoil lug.

Reactions: Jaeger432
Can any of you direct me to a good place to find a tactical style bolt handle for a T3 CTR? Google brings up a few option but I've never heard of any of them.

Thanks

Had to laugh, I found a LH TAC A1, went to sign up for Military discount, when it came to a pass word, I used a 1 letter, 9 numbers and a $ sign,Their computer came back and told me the pass word was TO WEAK and try again.
W.A.F.W.O T.

After some advice. Purchased my first Tikka T3 308 today. Any suggestions on factory ammo to try? Primarily for thermal shooting under 400m, however it'd be nice to have some versatility to try a lighter rifle than my SRS for comps.

After some advice. Purchased my first Tikka T3 308 today. Any suggestions on factory ammo to try? Primarily for thermal shooting under 400m, however it'd be nice to have some versatility to try a lighter rifle than my SRS for comps.
Any match ammo I tried shoots well. My ctr shot Remington corelokts like match ammo if you are looking for a soft point for close in night hunting.

What game are you shooting ?

So I just got my T3 CTR in 6.5 Creedmoor. Scoped it today and looking forward to shooting it. I'm a Sako guy and so far I'm mostly happy with Tikka's quality - in particular the bolt cycling.

But they didn't even remove all the flashing in the stock created by the mold half seams. Feels like a toy gun. It's quite annoying that they would call it a finished rifle and leave the stock like that. It's everywhere I touch the stock - grip, fore end, and cheek. Am I the only guy who sweats details like this?

I'm trimming the flashing away with a razor blade hoping not to make cut marks. I would try steel wool but I think that would mar the stock. Has anyone else got a better way? Or am I the only one finicky enough to remove it?

The stupid stock on Tikka's is 90% of the reason I consider other guns. The stock on Tikkas is fucking trash. Might as well buy another rifle with a good stock for the price of a Tikka plus a chassis/stock. Love my Tikka CTR - because it's in a KRG Bravo. But even the Bravo looks like cheap tupperware and really bores me.

Reactions: AllAheadFull
So I just got my T3 CTR in 6.5 Creedmoor. Scoped it today and looking forward to shooting it. I'm a Sako guy and so far I'm mostly happy with Tikka's quality - in particular the bolt cycling.

But they didn't even remove all the flashing in the stock created by the mold half seams. Feels like a toy gun. It's quite annoying that they would call it a finished rifle and leave the stock like that. It's everywhere I touch the stock - grip, fore end, and cheek. Am I the only guy who sweats details like this?

I'm trimming the flashing away with a razor blade hoping not to make cut marks. I would try steel wool but I think that would mar the stock. Has anyone else got a better way? Or am I the only one finicky enough to remove it?
The stupid stock on Tikka's is 90% of the reason I consider other guns. The stock on Tikkas is fucking trash. Might as well buy another rifle with a good stock for the price of a Tikka plus a chassis/stock. Love my Tikka CTR - because it's in a KRG Bravo. But even the Bravo looks like cheap tupperware and really bores me.
I like the Tikka ctr stock. Plenty stiff. All my Tikkas are in the factory stocks.

I don’t sweat the small details @zog. I could close my eyes right now and not be able to tell you which shirt I am wearing. Attention to detail is a feminine attribute. :sneaky:

I don’t sweat the small details @zog. I could close my eyes right now and not be able to tell you which shirt I am wearing. Attention to detail is a feminine attribute. :sneaky:
Now that's funny right there!

I'm guessing about 95% of this site are males. We're on a website dedicated to every possible small detail about precision weapons and shooting, where we argue over MOA vs mil, rate of twist, seating depth, barrel length, jump to lands, brake timing, trigger pull and sear, wind, atmosphere, cerakote color, camo patterns . . . an endless list. Then we add cute faces at the end of our posts so others know what mood we're in when we're typing.

I'm not saying you're wrong, . . . so this precision shooting gig is all just our way of getting in touch with our feminine side. :unsure:

Last edited:

Well, I think that is how they can keep their rifles "cheap".

For me, it was cristal clear that I would change the stock asap, and so do many who buy a Tikka I guess.
And no matter which stock they would use instead, there still would be many who don´t like it and replace it with something else.
Maybe they should sell their rifles without any stock and everyone could go from there.
:)

Lol. I put my CTR stock on my t3x lite. Theres nothing wrong with the stock and its great for hunting.

IMO to step up from the Tikka + stock you're stepping up to the MPA BA PMP, Seekins HAVAK, etc. Those are 2k guns - not 850 + a 350 dollar Bravo.

Regardless, its pretty evident what you're paying for with the Tikka, and its the action and somewhat the accurate OEM barrel.

I like the Tikka ctr stock. Plenty stiff. All my Tikkas are in the factory stocks.
Lol. I put my CTR stock on my t3x lite. Theres nothing wrong with the stock and its great for hunting.

I 'm with you - I LIKE the CTR stock! The grip and the cheek are great.

My rant (whine) was not about a bad stock, it was about about an UNfinished stock. Tikka passes it off as a completed rifle, and it just isn't finished.

If they would sell it as a "DIY finish-it-yourself" kit, and include a razor blade knife, at least they would be up front.

My rant (whine) was not about a bad stock, it was about about an UNfinished stock. Tikka passes it off as a completed rifle, and it just isn't finished.

If they would sell it as a "DIY finish-it-yourself" kit, and include a razor blade knife, at least they would be up front.
I was just picking a bit. Softening up rough edges would seem easy enough to do at the factory level.

I use my ctr stocks to keep weight down. My Sako TRGs are my heavier rifles. There are plenty of guys who hunt with their ctrs and still replace the stocks. For that use, I don’t think a mcmillan or a manners is an upgrade. Now for a mostly range use gun, those other stocks and chassis, especially the heavier ones, do significantly soak up recoil.

Finally got my CTR put together after a few months wait on back order.

- .223 Rem
- 20” 1/8 twist
- Mountain Tactical trigger spring
- Area 419 20 MOA rail
- KRG Bravo with CTR mags

I have high hopes for this rifle! Can’t wait to test it out with my Gunwerks 8ight.

05611D53-6F16-481B-82F7-42B2B6DE0D97.jpeg
8E1DAA51-2AD0-47C3-A674-C3FBB51D061F.jpeg
571AD1AE-55A5-4D3D-BB64-C223E24292C2.jpeg

I'm actually at a total loss as to what you are talking about!

I've not seen any issues on the stocks that I've had. Granted they all ended up wearing some other brand anyhow.

Have you got any photos ?

I’m sure he’s talking about the parting line flash from the molding process.
Knock it off with a razor knife, wipe the stock down with denatured alcohol and give it a coat of Krylon paint. Black stocks are pretty boring. Throw a sponge camo paint job on it and make it unique

Reactions: ofelas
Not trying to steal the current thread but I remember a member posting the exact model number for AICS mags for the KRG Bravo Stock, and I’ve been searching again but I can’t seem to find it. When I found it before long ago I ordered my mags from euro optic . Now I have a buddy who wants the same mags for a tikka ctr in a krg chassis. Just wanting someone to post the model# of the specific mags for a 6.5 creedmoor aka the .308 AICS mags that fit the tikka krg chassis. Thanks!

Not trying to steal the current thread but I remember a member posting the exact model number for AICS mags for the KRG Bravo Stock, and I’ve been searching again but I can’t seem to find it. When I found it before long ago I ordered my mags from euro optic . Now I have a buddy who wants the same mags for a tikka ctr in a krg chassis. Just wanting someone to post the model# of the specific mags for a 6.5 creedmoor aka the .308 AICS mags that fit the tikka krg chassis. Thanks!
Any standard short action AICS mag. I have an Accurate Mag and an MDT for mine (the MDT is better, smoother feeding, might just be mine). That's the perk of the AICS pattern, as long as you grab a short action mag for 6.5 creedmoor or .308 I believe you're good, don't think it gets specific. I use .308 mags for my 6.5 creedmoor and they're good to go.

Reactions: Bakwa
UPR from Eurooptic landed today. I like this stock. It’s about 26 oz and feels like a light TRG.
6.5 CM 24” semi heavy barrel, looks identical to the CTR. Comes with factory 20 moa rail
View attachment 7408117

That new UPR looks cool. Interested in what you think of the stock once you get some time on it? The sling swivel in the bag rider location is an odd choice to me.

I'm actually at a total loss as to what you are talking about!
I've not seen any issues on the stocks that I've had. Granted they all ended up wearing some other brand anyhow.
Have you got any photos ?
I’m sure he’s talking about the parting line flash from the molding process.
Knock it off with a razor knife, wipe the stock down with denatured alcohol and give it a coat of Krylon paint. Black stocks are pretty boring. Throw a sponge camo paint job on it and make it unique
I actually like the boring black stock; to each his own. If I could only see the flashing, and not feel it, I wouldn't even bother.

I guess it comes from my time machining components - we would never let an unfinished piece out the door unless the customer specified that they wanted to finish it afterward.

I don't mean to trash Tikka - the important parts and design are great. So far a really nice rifle especially seeing as how it's so much less $$ than Sako. Granted, skipping the trimming is one more way to keep the cost down, but for me at first grab it sure feels like Toys-R-Us. I've never felt the mold flash on a stock before.

Here's a photo of my trimming to answer your question. Compared to how it shoots this isn't all that important so I won't post any more unless I get another question. Like many here I'll probably wind up with a custom stock next year anyway, and when I'm done I'll spend as much as a higher end rifle after all. :unsure:

Tikka flash 3.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: SlimySquirrel
If anyone is interested I have a Manners T-4 for a Tikka T-3 for sale in the PX, parts and accessories section.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-08-07-13-44-55.png
    Screenshot_2020-08-07-13-44-55.png
    187.3 KB · Views: 96
  • Screenshot_2020-08-07-13-44-41.png
    Screenshot_2020-08-07-13-44-41.png
    215.6 KB · Views: 102
  • Screenshot_2020-08-26-10-46-43.png
    Screenshot_2020-08-26-10-46-43.png
    453.1 KB · Views: 110
  • Screenshot_2020-08-26-10-46-34.png
    Screenshot_2020-08-26-10-46-34.png
    462.7 KB · Views: 100
I actually like the boring black stock; to each his own. If I could only see the flashing, and not feel it, I wouldn't even bother.

I guess it comes from my time machining components - we would never let an unfinished piece out the door unless the customer specified that they wanted to finish it afterward.

I don't mean to trash Tikka - the important parts and design are great. So far a really nice rifle especially seeing as how it's so much less $$ than Sako. Granted, skipping the trimming is one more way to keep the cost down, but for me at first grab it sure feels like Toys-R-Us. I've never felt the mold flash on a stock before.

Here's a photo of my trimming to answer your question. Compared to how it shoots this isn't all that important so I won't post any more unless I get another question. Like many here I'll probably wind up with a custom stock next year anyway, and when I'm done I'll spend as much as a higher end rifle after all. :unsure:

View attachment 7408425
Aaah, gotcha.

Never had one with a cheek piece and after coming from the Savage rifles I was super happy with the fit, finish, and function of the Tikka.

TBH mine has always ended up in another stock.

Just rejoining the forum after a long hiatus and I'm happy to see a whole sticky thread devoted to my favorite production rifle.

I traded out my 12lb 30-06 AI rig for a T3 Lite in 30-06 about 9 years ago when I realized how much I hated carrying weight around the woods. It shoots good and carries better.

Shot pigs with a 338 Federal chambered T3 Lite until I realized that I really needed a multi-discipline target rifle and had it rebarreled with a 30" Bartlein .299/.308 1:12" 5R Medium Palma barrel with a Bisely 150 chamber and strapped it into one of Gary Elesios tube stocks. Andrew Delikat did the hard work and the gun hammers out to 1000m. Never shot it farther.

I have a .308 T3 Lite new in the box waiting for my next generation of hunters to grow up.

And I just won the auction on a T3 30-06 in a B&C Medalist stock with some functionality mods that is heading back to AD Arms (Andrew Delikat) for a 24" Proof Sendero profile 1:10" twist .308 for a sort of lightweight precision build up. Planning on shooting 180-220gr pills loaded as long as the AI mags will allow.

Looking forward to perusing this thread for sure.