• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T3 Thread

Got a couple questions. Is anyone using this accurate mag chassis? How do you like it? And would it be preferred to the mdt chassis?

1675744611333.jpeg

Got a couple questions. Is anyone using this accurate mag chassis? How do you like it? And would it be preferred to the mdt chassis?

View attachment 8069066
First time I've seen it, I think I'd take an MDT or XLR over it.

Reactions: Eo12
Thanks, this stock is a bit of a test bed since quite a few years, had a 3 month stint with the Irish Rangers, was handed around and tested in Germany and one of my main hunting stocks. Just received a fresh coat of paint.
edi

Are you Irish?

Probably should've posted my stock swap nightmare in this thread but oh well...

After some emails, photos, and measurements were shared, Wiebad has a cheek pad coming my way for the MDT SCS... pretty stoked!

Except for the cheek pad, she's all dressed up for her first trip (with me) to the range this Friday.
20230207_172757.jpg
20230207_172738.jpg

Last edited:
Penny for ya thoughts

Should I tear down a T3x lite for 670$ and sell the barrel

Order a bare action for 665$

I figure I can get what 100$ out of the barrel? Not sure it’s worth the total pain in the ass it seems to be to pull a tikka apart

Penny for ya thoughts

I figure I can get what 100$ out of the barrel? Not sure it’s worth the total pain in the ass it seems to be to pull a tikka apart
Depends on the cartridge but even with tools, etc. I'd rather just by the action and not deal with removing a barrel. I had no issues removing my barrel but unless you're trying to nickel-dime your build, I wouldn't bother with the hassle. I actually bought a whole rifle because I couldn't find a left-handed magnum action.

Reactions: davsco
Depends on the cartridge but even with tools, etc. I'd rather just by the action and not deal with removing a barrel. I had no issues removing my barrel but unless you're trying to nickel-dime your build, I wouldn't bother with the hassle. I actually bought a whole rifle because I couldn't find a left-handed magnum action.
Agree. If you have the tools already it could go easy or be pretty hard mine came off with three blows of a hammer on the action wrench. If JA outdoors has the action want already in stock that would probably be the way I would go. Not a huge market for factory barrels or factory sporter stocks.

Penny for ya thoughts

Where are you finding bare actions for sale?

What does the picky part mean?
Depending on how quick you want an action, you might just have to take what they get.

Ex. if you’re looking for a stainless CTR action with bottom metal and mag, you may have to settle for the nitrided action or a regular T3x with plastic mag system. Either that or you’ll be waiting a while and have to be quick when they come available.

Sometimes they have weird configurations like standard bolt faces with long action bolt stops, different bolt handles, coated bolts in uncoated actions, stuff like that. Point being, don’t wait for the “perfect” one to show up, just grab one that works and make the necessary changes after the fact.

Reactions: DangerRanger
Thanks, this stock is a bit of a test bed since quite a few years, had a 3 month stint with the Irish Rangers, was handed around and tested in Germany and one of my main hunting stocks. Just received a fresh coat of paint.
edi
What is a PSE stock if you dont mind me asking?

Rifle stock company based in Ireland. The Tikka UPR stock is made by PSE I believe.

Penny for ya thoughts

You won’t get $100 for the barrel unless it’s threaded. A man can’t hardly give away a Tikka lite barrel.

As is the Timney.

You'll probably have a hard time finding a factory 2 stage trigger as most people hold on to them and I don't think they're available as replacement parts.
The KRG is what I really want. But has been out of stock for awhile. Maybe Ill look at the Timney. Was hoping to find a factory at a good price though.

As the General mentioned, PSE Composites or PSE Rifle Stocks are handmade carbon fibre stocks manufactured in Ireland. Available in the US through Conflux Armory https://confluxarmory.com/
The UPR stock is a Sako made stock which looks a bit like a PSE.
PSE stands for Peter, Stephan, Edi, nothing to do with other Archery PSE company.

edi

The UPR stock is a Sako made stock which looks a bit like a PSE.
Might also have a bit of a McMillan/Manners shape. Or as my mind sees it, a more "American" shape, as opposed to what has usually been designed in Europe for precision rifles.

Reactions: ejg
Also how does one acquire a Sterk swept ball these days?

Order one from Sterk and wait for the next batch. He is on here, I forget what he goes by though.
I feel like I'm doing this all of the time. Sterk is @cannoncrossfire. Does nice stuff.
20220730_133859.jpg

Shroud and handle are Sterk. The ball I switched. Slightly modified anarchy outdoors titanium ball. Wanting to titanium anodize the shroud, ball, and Murphy Precision titanium rail.
20220730_073551.jpg

I added the shallow counterbore and carbide burr higbee'd the beginning of the thread to accommodate the small unthreaded section.

Last edited:
Yeah I sent him a message a few days ago but then looked at the fb page and the last post was Dec of 21’ so I was worried it was no more

Reactions: cannoncrossfire
I feel like I'm doing this all of the time. Sterk is @cannoncrossfire. Does nice stuff.
View attachment 8070906
Shroud and handle are Sterk. The ball I switched. Slightly modified anarchy outdoors titanium ball. Wanting to titanium anodize the shroud, ball, and Murphy Precision titanium rail.
View attachment 8070907
I added the shallow counterbore and carbide burr higbee'd the beginning of the thread to accommodate the small unthreaded section.
Any specific reasoning for this? Larger ball I’m assuming? I would be interested in making a similar modification to get it closer to AI match.

Any specific reasoning for this? Larger ball I’m assuming? I would be interested in making a similar modification to get it closer to AI match.
Wanted it for aesthetics. Size is the same. It's was all I could find in 6al4v titanium. Even trying to find anything close size wise pre-made in any alloy of titanium was hard. I was prepared to drill and tap a solid sphere if that was all I could find. Trying to keep it the same alloy as the other 2 parts should all anodize pretty much the same color.

If you wanted a different size other materials are much easier to find.

The modifications to the ball is so it would fit properly to the handle.

Some of the possible titanium anodizing colors. I'm thinking something closer to the left side of the chart.
Titanium-Anodization-Chart-copy-2-scaled (2).jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: just browsing
It appears Anarchy Outdoors has their own version of the swept bolt handle now. Not 100% sure if it's the same.

View attachment 8070906
View attachment 8070907
I have two of his bolt handles and shrouds on two of my Tikkas. Running the CTR/Roughtech knob on the other two.

Reactions: cannoncrossfire
Is the sterk really that much different than a swept Anarchy handle and round knob?

Is the sterk really that much different than a swept Anarchy handle and round knob?
Here is a comparison from a few years ago. The other nice thing about Sterk is he also does multiple different designs of shrouds in both titanium and aluminum.
Here are some comparisons between the anarchy and the sterk.

The sterk has a much longer sweep to it then the anarchy does. You can see from my pictures that the sweep isn't much different between the 2, but the sterk is further back. If you were to replace the PTG knob that is on the anarchy handle with the glades knob, they would be about the same. As well, the sterk has a longer shank before it starts to sweep back, the sterk being 1.616" and the anarchy being 1.589".

The anarchy does have alot more meat to the handle itself, especially where the handle threads into the knob, the sterk being .227" and the anarchy being .282".

The sterk has tighter tolerances, it took some persuading to get it into the bolt body, quite a bit more then the Anarchy. Whether that's due to cerakoted, I'm not sure? But seeing as how John from sterk put in his invoice email to not use hammers, vises, punches etc to try and install the bolt handle, I will chalk it up to tighter tolerances. The Anarchy slide in without any issues at all.

The fit and finish of the sterk is much higher then Anarchy. But given time I think Anarchys handles will start to have similar fit and finishes.

Overall you can't go wrong with either. My preference has to be there Sterk. I like where it places the knob, and the knob size is right.
cec57800944e5dcc3dceafe60e6c943d.jpg
6a93eca937a54ffc19f0c75db35c819f.jpg
e9f5677274ff410cbeeebc31f1aa5252.jpg
4749539830b21c68015e2de9e2918983.jpg
fc3f3c30f667be920458a67792a57327.jpg
3d3dbd36511ff421a443c9b48c0da927.jpg
b1773ebd8bf6f5c6575284daee7878f5.jpg
f748acc0cdba5cfb96a5df1d5729dc87.jpg
78a66cb842605bf0506b2f4424d5d336.jpg
c4ceaffc20e4171f7a37bc8ca061f6fd.jpg
33254be73530518a462b6b94043a5986.jpg
8a06b482d8f8f794e37841c06080999c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

SmartSelect_20230209_170727_Chrome.jpg

The products for t3x.

Tikka 7mm PRC
LRI fluted bolt
MDT HNT26 chassis
CarbonSix 22” 1:8
SRS Ti Pro 2 ST brake
Vortex Razor LHT 4.5-22

Rifle weighs 8.5 lbs with loaded mag.

Getting 2835 fps with 175gr ELD-X but only 15 rds fired so far.

368CC284-4760-40B6-9202-9858A10008F3.jpeg

DDAB351F-24A0-47DD-B09C-6DED636DFEC0.jpeg

97F98FBE-95C9-4467-9473-67A72487EE30.jpeg

Last edited:
I found a 6.5 lite for the same price as a JA action so we’re gonna see what these tight tikka barrels are like I guess. Worst to worst I break out a hacksaw and it’s no money lost I guess.

t3x lite 30-06 8 lbs 12 oz
t3x lite stainless 6.5 cm 10 lbs 1 oz
PXL_20230210_032355501.jpg

I'm using the lumley bolt handles (another option) A little bit of a pain to get in (tight tolerances) but wiggling the stock one back in forth as almost a file helped make enough space for they lumley one. They are a definite upgrade over stock

Reactions: kdhope