• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T3 varmint

Bayou1535

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 2, 2011
MW
Are these rifles still being imported? i only can find the T3 Varmints in 223, thanks

Re: Tikka T3 varmint

Wouldn't surprise me if they're not, or they're just being under-advertised.
The Tacticals sell well already and people were catching on that the Varmint was the same thing just without the rail on the top. Suppliers/Dealers might be reducing their inventory to push the more pricey Tactical model.

Ok, was just curious I might check around for a left over model. I worked a bolt on T3 lite yesterday at gander mountain and boy was it slicker than snot. No comparison between it and the Remiongton, I'm sure a 700 would slick up after time but just working the bolt on the T3 was impressive and immediately I could tell the difference.

How about any T3 in 6.5x55? I was told they are no longer importing to the US. Is that true?

L

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Layton</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How about any T3 in 6.5x55? I was told they are no longer importing to the US. Is that true?

L </div></div>

Only in LH hunter and the Sporter rifle RH and LH.

Jason

First the scout then the varmint. I just can't catch a break. Just par for the course for berettausa.

Massoud pm sent

The Finns make fantastic rifles, brass, bullets and brass. Picking a suitable importer? Not so very much. Beretta sucks in every imaginable category.

John

Said it before - can't understand the Tikka dealer in the US. Love my Tikka in 260 Rem, even though it isn't quite as nice as jrobs.

P1090226.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tdow</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WTF is Beretta thinking? </div></div>

They want you to buy the Sporter series at $1695

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: yej0001</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tdow</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WTF is Beretta thinking? </div></div>

They want you to buy the Sporter series at $1695 </div></div>

I think Tikkas were cutting into Sako sales. Tikka Varmints are pretty rare. You see more of the Tacticals. WTF, 6.5 in left hand??? There's a huge market for that.

How about a varmint model in .260, .308 or 6.5x55?

I wander what the odds of finding a T3 varmit in 308 are? I did call 2 stores today and they didn't have any, they only had the lites. When I worked that bolt it was slick as snot, I then tried the 700 and if felt like there was sand in it.

The varmint & lite are the same mate, aside from the barrel. Just grab a Lite and rebarrel. Cheaper than a TRG and you'll have a hunterweight .308 barrel to sell, shouldn't cost you too much.

Not sure I understand why Tikka sales would eat into Sako sales so much. Two completely different price points aimed at 2 different demographics. I know a lot of folks that will shell out $700-$1000 for an off the shelf rifle. Not many that will shell out $2k+.

L

If you want a Tikka T3 Scout in .223 or .308 I know Cabelas has them in Stock still, just got a .308 Wine 2 Weeks ago for $899!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pete Lincoln</div><div class="ubbcode-body">darn, ive got what, must be 10 on shelf right here, wrong side of the pond.
Pete </div></div>

There's no issues getting them down here in Oz either mate, except they're close to $1500 each.

For once the rest of the world gets something that the US doesnt
wink.gif

i love my 308 super varmint, they are like hens teeth here in the land of OZ as well

Edit. Ive seen a few lite rifles but none of the varmints/ supervarmints

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: john_1182</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i love my 308 super varmint, they are like hens teeth here in the land of OZ as well

Edit. Ive seen a few lite rifles but none of the varmints/ supervarmints </div></div>

Really? QLD Gun Exchange has them and Mialls told a mate of mine that beretta had them in stock.