• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

tikka t3 varmint

sniper81

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 16, 2010
finally have the cash to get this rifle but before i get it i would like to ask some questions, first will it stabalize 50gr bullets cause i have a shit ton of them, and second when im done shooting the 50s i plan to load some heavy bullets for it so with the bullet being longer than the 50s will it fit in the mag or will i have to single load it every time

50's will stabilize fine.

It'll need a 8 twist to stabilize 68's through 75's. You can shoot most of the 68-75's at mag length. The 75 grain Amax is longer so it might need to be used as a single shot.

What caliber? I assume 223 or 22-250. The 223 mags will not allow the heavies to be loaded long. Let us know what caliber and twist your looking at and you'll get more detailed answers.

With the standard mags you will have issues with the amaxs 75-80gr and vld heavier bullets. You can use the 75bthp bullets designed for shorter coal. If you really want to shoot the higher bc 75-80gr bullets id get the cdi bottom metal and use the aics mags. I load the 80gr amaxs to 2.500" coal in those magazines. I wouldn't want to go any shorter either.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

I have ran some Sierra 45g Gamekings through my 8 twist with no accuracy issues at all. Have not found a bullet weight the T3 does not shoot well (45g to 80g!).

My t3 223 1-8 twist shoots 53 grain vmax, 69 grain smk and 75 grain amax (with cdi) all under Moa. can't go wrong with the 1-8

My t3 223 1-8 twist shoots 53 grain vmax, 69 grain smk and 75 grain amax (with cdi) all under Moa. can't go wrong with the 1-8

Mine shoots the above + 75gr smk. Mine sits in a XLR chassis (highly recommend) using AI mags.

The tikka mags are almost identical size to an AR-15 style mag. No idea why they make them like this as there is plenty of room to allow for more length. Put bottom metal in mine for the aics mags. It did take some dremel work on the stock and on the mags themselves to fit close enough to the action.

Or, you can use a Bob Sled if you want to single load the heavies. My Super Varmint hammers in F-TR with 80 gr VLD's.

Still have to try 75 smk and 80vlds would like to try f-tr next year.
Tikka should have to prob shooting anything you throw in in.