• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T3x 6.5 CTR users w/ KRG XRay's mag question.

Merc8541

Lead Sling’r
Minuteman
Jan 4, 2011
OR, USA
I'm looking for a good mag to run with my Tikka T3x sitting ina KRG Xray GenII. I've tried alpha mags, a few old and some brand new, with very low reliability and a 10 year old AI 5 round mag also not as reliable as I would like. The mag well has been adjusted but The angle of the 6.5 round out of those mags ends up with me slamming bullets into the breach face of the barrel on a regular basis.

Any success stories out there? Is anyone else out there having the same issue or have fixed this before? KRG customer service is pretty helpful in the adjusting the the X-ray and have good response time via email but there solution is different mags. i just don't want to go out to each manufacture to buy one of each mags at $70 each to see what works best.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Following bc I've been toying around with the idea of buying an Xray

My CTR in 260 fed like butter set in a X-ray with a couple different 5rd AI mags. I also have a 7 SAUM and 300 WSM builds both on Tikka actions running Accurate WSM mags, both feed great. Maybe try adjusting the feed lips a bit on your mags to alter the feed angle of the 6.5? I just finished a build with LRI on a Rem action with a Proof barrel chambered in 6.5 Creed and put that one in an X-ray also. No feed issues what so ever with AI and Accurate mags.

All the Remington's in KRG stocks run amazing. The setup on the Tikka is slightly different, the mag lips can push up into the bolt. I got an accurate mag today and it seems it fit and cycle well. I'll check reliability in the next few days at the range. I'll keep ya posted.

Update... first range day out with a new accurate mag seemed to run fine. It needs to break in and rub off all the machine edges but ran consistance and reliably. Next time it will get a little more aggressive and see how it holds up.

Im using AI mags and both run perfectly except I need to adjust the magwell, its a little too tight after installing the tripod adapter plate.

Still had a few hiccups. I ran the new AI 5rnd, a Accurate mag 10rnd and a few alpha mags. After adjusting the triggerguard forward and played with the forend I'm at about a 80% success rate. Im running Hornady American Gunner 140grn 6.5cm.