• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T3X A1 tac brake

DrDeath

Colonel
Minuteman
Dec 12, 2009
I have a Tikka T3X Tac A1 and I have the factory brake on there & wow talk about obnoxious !!!
Have any of you other A1 owners switched these oem brakes out for something different ??? Let me know why you have been using please !thanks.

I switched to a Area 419 Hellfire, not any better sound but seems to work a little better in recoil reduction

If you think the factory Tac-a1 brake is obnoxious, you better stay away from all the popular brakes out there. They are all much worse. The hellfire the other member recommended is twice as loud as the factory Tikka brake. I sold my hellfire after one outing and only shoot bare muzzle now. The worst brake i have ever used is the MPA brake. Brutal to the shooter.

The non directional brakes are the tamest of them all and still effective. Find one with circular ports all the way around. Stay away with any slotted brakes that direct the gases out to the sides. The ones that are angled back towards the shooter are the worst.

If you want a brake that isn’t super obnoxious yet still effective oooh at the Heathen

The brake on my Tac A1 was a .338 bore from the factory. I scrapped it and bought a Gen 2 Little Bastard. Very little recoil at all.

I’m using a 30 caliber can, seems to make a big difference.

There are definitely other breaks that will work far better

I swapped the factory brake for a VG6 Lambda PRS on my A1 and have been liking it a lot.
It was an easy install and looks good too.

I also have the Area 419 Hellfire. Great performance and ease of timing/installation made it a worthwhile purchase for me.

Last edited:
Mhh. Not sure why this is. Might be similar reason why I can't get APA brake shipped to Europe

Another one to consider is Richard Near, he makes it insanely good break too. In fact, these days there are a lot of manufacturers that make really decent breaks

I have to agree with topic starter. I have swapped it for a Dolphin 5 port brake (http://www.dolphinguncompany.co.uk/new-dolphin-muzzle-brakes.html) in black. Very happy with it. I could not get the APA bastard here in the Netherlands otherwise I would have purchased that on.

Same reason here.... can you kindly send me some photos and your review of Dolphin 5 port muzzle brake please. There is option for Terminator but thy are rare in europe.....

Well, don't really have a review beside the fact that I'm very happy with it. Works like charm.

Pls see picture below comparing the original & the dolphin.
IMG_20200813_190634.jpg

Reactions: alexunderfire