• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T3x Lite/ Superlite Weight differences

Motorhead12

Private
Minuteman
May 31, 2021
Chicago
Hi, I am considering two different Tikkas in different calibers, 7mm RM and 6.5 CM. I am looking for a lightweight hunting rifle. I see discrepancies between the weights listed on the Tikka website and the retail websites. I'm looking at the exact same rifle by model number on each site.

The T3x Superlite in 7mm RM on the Tikka website as 6.5 pounds, but on the Sportsmans Warehouse it's listed as 5.9 pounds.

Similarly, the T3x Compact Lite in 6.5 CM is 6.6 pounds on the Tikka website, but 5.95 pounds on the Eurooptic website.

Can anyone give me any insight into the correct weights on either of these rifles?

I've noticed the Tikka website is generally higher weight listings.

Thanks.

Just get the superlight. i have that exact rifle in 7mag and it’s a pussycat shooting 162 eld-x. believe the 5.9 lbs is correct. Put a limbsaver airtech t3x pad on there and shoot it all day. You’ll never regret having the punch and versatility of the 7 mag

Lighter is better when you’re trying to get a lightweight rifle. I have 2 superlights. 300wm and 223

0EBF1B1D-FBBD-4C5D-8D75-5DEA01772AE7.jpeg

Superlight all the way. I have 2 in 22-250 in hunters edge stocks

I’ve had stainless T3s and corresponding Superlites (Sportsman’s, not Cabelas) in .223 Rem, 7mm-08, .30-06, and 7mm Rem Mag.

The difference in weight is about half an average pee.

If you like the look of the fluted barrel buy it, but the difference ain’t much.

P

lite is already light barrel, super lite just added few very shallow flute on it.