• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T3X Tac A1 6.5CM - Center of bore to top of rail measurement

Gizmo0803

Private
Minuteman
Jul 20, 2020
Hello,
New to the forum and my journey in the art of long range shooting. I purchased subject rifle and I’m getting ready to go out to the range this weekend to zero.

I’m using the Hornady app for ballistic data, but one of the fields in the app is asking for “SIGHT HEIGHT - Exact height of the center of the scope to the center of the bore of the rifle.” I’ve been searching the internet for the exact dimension from the center of bore to the top of the rail for my gun but I can’t find it anywhere. I purchased the Spuhr 4602 so I know that height is 1.5” from the top of the rail to the center of the scope, but I just need the dimension for the center of bore to top of the rail for my rifle.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Take a tape measure and measure from the middle of the bell down to the middle of the barrel.

It's probably around 2 1/4”.
Don't make this more complicated than it needs to be :)

Some measurements need to be precise to .0001 of an inch. This isn't one of those.

Take a tape measure and measure from the middle of the bell down to the middle of the barrel.

It's probably around 2 1/4”.
Don't make this more complicated than it needs to be :)

Some measurements need to be precise to .0001 of an inch. This isn't one of those.
Thanks for your response. If I didn’t get an exact number here, that’s exactly what I was going to do. Just use a good ole tape measure. I’m just OCD when it comes to these things and I wanted it to be as precise as possible. Thanks again!

I used a set of calipers on mine. With the Spuhr 4602 mount and a Bushnell elite tactical XRS 2 scope mine is right at 2.5"

I used a set of calipers on mine. With the Spuhr 4602 mount and a Bushnell elite tactical XRS 2 scope mine is right at 2.5"
Got caught up with work and wasn’t able to touch my rifle for a while. I finally got around to measuring the height, and I’m getting what looks to be an even 3” from center of bore to center of my scope. Seems a little high compared to other people’s setups? Haven’t seen measurements for people with my exact setup, but just wondering what other people’s thoughts are? I’m running a Spuhr SP-4602 with Vortex Razor Gen 2 4.5-27x56.

Same scope same rifle, 4002 spur mount, 2.55"

Got caught up with work and wasn’t able to touch my rifle for a while. I finally got around to measuring the height, and I’m getting what looks to be an even 3” from center of bore to center of my scope. Seems a little high compared to other people’s setups? Haven’t seen measurements for people with my exact setup, but just wondering what other people’s thoughts are? I’m running a Spuhr SP-4602 with Vortex Razor Gen 2 4.5-27x56.
That measurement seems way off to me. Should be close to the 2.5-2.6"range.

Same scope same rifle, 4002 spur mount, 2.55"
So weird. The specs on your mount and my mount are identical minus the 20MOA that I have on mine. Am I measuring in the wrong spots? Center of the barrel to the center of the rings in the mount right?

So weird. The specs on your mount and my mount are identical minus the 20MOA that I have on mine. Am I measuring in the wrong spots? Center of the barrel to the center of the rings in the mount right?
Look at your action where it starts to angle toward the top rail that is about the center of bore. There is also a line cut in one side of the mount that is about the center of your scope.