• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T3x Tac A1 in .308 barrel length

glocke12

Private
Minuteman
Feb 20, 2012
Thinking hard about this rifle and it's actually been on my list since they came on the market.

.308 works better for me than 6.5 Creedmoor for the fact that I just don't have access to any range that I can shoot far enough out to that will take advantage of 6.5 Creedmoor, easiest range I can get to allows shooting to 200 yards, if I am feeling extremely motivated I can probably get to one that allows 500 yard shooting.

The prices on the .308 rifle are also very good right now especially on the 20 inch barrel length rifle.

Right now I just can't make my mind up on the 20" vs 24" barrel length, I have a can I can throw on the rifle, so am thinking that 20" might be better to keep the length down, but than again this will strictly be a range gun.

24” gives you more velocity vs 20” that It sounds like you really don’t need at 200 or even 500 yds. And it adds length and weight you might not really want. And I just watched Frank @lowlight Galli bang steel lights out with a 20” 308. So I don’t see much need for the 24” and 20” will suit your purposes fine.

Reactions: DubfromGA