• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Tikka T3x Tac A1 stock question

Slo cat

VHPA đại úy
Minuteman
  • Nov 5, 2011
    Corner of "Walk" and "Don't Walk"
    I am considering getting a replacement chassis for my Tikka Tac A1 6.5 CM for a couple of reasons. First, in taking a couple of long range rifle classes, I found that the factory mags can be unreliable. A few times I racked the bolt and a round did not feed into the chamber. Sometimes I would have to reach in with a finger and adjust the round at the top of the mag. Having this happen in a PRS match would really suck. Maybe a chassis that takes a reliable magazine is what I need. Also, the folding stock on the Tikka Tac A1 is cheap looking and the adjustable cheek rest is flimsy. I feel an upgrade here is in order. The 5 shot group accuracy of my Tikka is .5 to .6 moa consistently, and I am happy with this.

Question: When an aftermarket stock manufacturer states that it will fit a Tikka T3, does this mean it will fit my Tikka T3x Tac A1?

Yes it does for our chassis with one exception. If you have the safety override button that allows you to unlock the bolt while the trigger is still on safe, then you need to make a small amount of clearance in the trigger guard which should be piece of cake.
    Thank you,
    Justin

Reactions: Slo cat
    COMPLAIN to Beretta/Tikka about the magazine issue. I've read people griping about bad springs and not to leave mags loaded for long periods. Maybe that's why three mags are provided.

The squeaky wheel gets the oil!

Thanks, Justin. I have a comprehensive collection of files plus a Dremel, so a small amount of clearance is easily obtained.

I have never left my Tikka mags loaded, until just before use, and still have an occasional problem with their feeding.

I am considering getting a replacement chassis for my Tikka Tac A1 6.5 CM for a couple of reasons. First, in taking a couple of long range rifle classes, I found that the factory mags can be unreliable. A few times I racked the bolt and a round did not feed into the chamber. Sometimes I would have to reach in with a finger and adjust the round at the top of the mag. Having this happen in a PRS match would really suck. Maybe a chassis that takes a reliable magazine is what I need. Also, the folding stock on the Tikka Tac A1 is cheap looking and the adjustable cheek rest is flimsy. I feel an upgrade here is in order. The 5 shot group accuracy of my Tikka is .5 to .6 moa consistently, and I am happy with this.

Question: When an aftermarket stock manufacturer states that it will fit a Tikka T3, does this mean it will fit my Tikka T3x Tac A1?

9-7-18 114.jpg
    Try this with the spring in your Tikka magazines before you give up on them.

KRG is the way to go, I've got one that I was thinking of selling but now it's gonna get rebarreled to 243 with maybe a brux or criterion I haven't decided yet.

The only thing I found is that the factory tikka mag release has a tiny little metal tab attached the screw that holds the trigger assembly on, you'll have to chuck the tab and put a little washer there or cut down the screw. Tikka A1 might be different though.

I have had similar issues with at least one mag in my TacA1.

You're the first I've ever heard complain about the folding stock. Most reviews, mine included, is it's one of the best out there.

Post up pics when you move it over. I'm considering something similar but only because I'd like to try a different chassis.

Thanks for the pic on the mag spring mod. I'll give it a try. A lot easier than buying a different chassis and new mags for it.

Any suggestions for an upgrade for the Tac A1 folding stock? Anyone?

I've been considering the same thing for my Tikka Tac A1 due to the magazine issue screwing me over on a few stages at my last 2 PRS matches. I tried the spring fix on all 3 of my magazines and I think it did the trick. I ran each mag fully loaded 2 or 3 times and didn't have any more failures to feed.

My plan: I"m going to run my Tikka Tac A1 as it is for a few more matches and if the problem is solved I may just leave it as is, HOWEVER, if I run into more issues with the magazine system and feeding I think I'm going to go with a MPA chassis. They seem to have all the bells and whistles, folding stock option, not to mention that they're the most common chassis system in PRS.

Genuinely interested to hear about the mag issues.

I spent a couple of minutes playing with the lips on the top of mine and never had feeding issues... much like tuning an AI mag.

Just an update - I tried the Tikka CTR magazine spring fix that I found here on SnipersHide. After tweaking the springs on all my mags, I haven't had a single issue feeding. I decided to keep the Tac A1 chassis and added a 419 Arca rail and a few other upgrades and it ran like a champ the rest of the PRS season.

I found this thread while looking for something else...

I find that certain rounds have an issue in the magazine and I’m not sure why. I have found a TRG-22 magazines seem to work better.

One of the things I was looking for were aftermarket cheek pieces as the A1 is a little on the hard side. However I found this to mitigate that issue and I figured I’d share:

I’ll go downstairs and modify a few of the TIKKA magazines and see how they work going forward.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Slo cat