• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T3x TAC A1....what type of cartridge overall length can I expect to get with the factory mags ?

DubfromGA

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 25, 2020
Placed an order for a Tikka T3x TAC A1 .308 Win 20" yesterday. Comes with two of their 10-round mags.
My LGS-FFL wasn't sure what to expect on the magazine real estate in regards to allowable overall cartridge length.

While the gun will start out as a .308, it may have a barrel swap down the road at some point to 6.5CM or 6CM.

I'm hoping the magazine will allow short jumps with high bc VLD's and the like. The action has tremendous room...fingers crossed that the mags do as well.

Placed an order for a Tikka T3x TAC A1 .308 Win 20" yesterday. Comes with two of their 10-round mags.
My LGS-FFL wasn't sure what to expect on the magazine real estate in regards to allowable overall cartridge length.

While the gun will start out as a .308, it may have a barrel swap down the road at some point to 6.5CM or 6CM.

I'm hoping the magazine will allow short jumps with high bc VLD's and the like. The action has tremendous room...fingers crossed that the mags do as well.
I'm running 2.812 OAL in my 6.5 Creedmoor

Reactions: DubfromGA

*Breaks our digital calipers and TAC A1 magazine*

2.95" is the internal measurement between the front/rear of the magazine.

I load my 142 SMK's to 2.815". I do between 0.080-0.120 jump on everything. I stopped chasing the lands years ago.

You can also use the Bergers that are pretty insensitive to jump. Something like the 6.5 130 Hybrid OTM shoots good at nearly anywhere from .020 to .150 off. In 6mm the 108 BTT’s work very similarly. Not VLD’s per se, but very good shooters in their own right.

Also, ever Berger has written their VLD bullets can do very well with jumping.

Appreciate the info, everyone.

Hoping this sucker arrives in time for me to hit the range next week....before the Shiftwork grind hits.

*Breaks our digital calipers and TAC A1 magazine*

2.95" is the internal measurement between the front/rear of the magazine.

I load my 142 SMK's to 2.815". I do between 0.080-0.120 jump on everything. I stopped chasing the lands years ago.

(y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)

Many thanks.

Reactions: clcustom1911