• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T3X TAC A1 - Magazine Thread

GBMaryland

Herr Oberst
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Feb 24, 2008
    Maryland, US
    As Lowlight said, while I was participating is one of his classes, he discovered that I was using a magazine in my T3X TAC A1 that actually works without a problem.

There are two magazines that work without an issue:

1) The Waters Rifleman Magazine out of Australia:

Surprisingly, these are a good deal as they are cheaper than buying TRG-22 magazines!

2) The Sako TRG-22 Magazine:

TRG magazines are only cost effective if you purchase them when Beretta is having a sale (preferably a 30-50% sale)...

The podcast is below, and he and Mark discuss it around 10 minutes into the podcast:

The Everyday Sniper Podcast: 60 Yards w/ Marc & Frank

I see alot of people swapping out the TAC A1 chassis, likely because their feeding problems suck SO badly. (I mean, it was pissing me off... at least until I starting using TRG mags from my TRG.) It's much more cost effective to get a few good mags, than a new chassis and a few new mags.

I mean, the folder on the Tikka TAC A1 is pretty good. The only thing I've had to do is loctite the hinge screws when Matt from the Mifflin County Sportsmen's Association pointed it out to me... Otherwise, it's fairly indestructible, and Mark / Frank had me shooting small steel targets at 1000 yards, so the folder isn't accuracy problem (even loose).

I hate for people to have to spend a bunch of cash (like I did troubleshooting) when there are cost effective solutions available.

Oh, one other thing: Elite Iron makes a Pic Rail bipod adapter that is fantastic for the Tikka T3X TAC A1. I had to fortune to be able to use that during the course. They also make an ARCA plate that can be attached to the bottom of the forearm on the TAC A1, which is a fantastic solution as well. (Should you be trying to find bipod that can get you 15 degrees of elevation at 1000 yards.)

/EndTikkaMagPSA

Last edited:
    Reactions: R-B
    Zombie post here from inexperienced Tikka Tac in 6.5 Creed. I know will seem a ridiculous question and probably is in some FAC but a friend wants to give me 2 Accurate Mags in 6.5 Creed.

Will these fit my stock chassis?..

Zombie post here from inexperienced Tikka Tac in 6.5 Creed. I know will seem a ridiculous question and probably is in some FAC but a friend wants to give me 2 Accurate Mags in 6.5 Creed.

Will these fit my stock chassis?..
    No.

Reactions: ra2bach