• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka Tactical factory Picatinny rail

Woozy Spec.

Private
Minuteman
Sep 15, 2009
NZ
Hello,

I am struggling to remove the factory picatinny rail off my Tikka T3 Tactical rifle. Due to the age of the rifle, the screws seems to be very weak now plus they are screwed so tight so I couldn't get them loose. Anyone experiencing the same and seeking advise please. The reason i wanna replace it is because I would like to upgrade it to a MT elite picatinny rail.

cheers

Heat.
Possibly have loctite on them or something similar from factory, otherwise heat is enough to usually make things move.

The factory rail on my T3 had blue locktite on the screws and the rail itself is bonded to the action with something, when I discovered that I gave up and just used the rail. Most people I have heard about removing them did need to apply heat to soften it all up.

I had to hold a hair dryer on mine for a while before they would even come loose. I really wish I would have had something that would've put a little more heat on it but sometimes you can only use what you got to work with. I still ended up stripping one and had to take it to a machine shop. Those things are in there, no doubt about that.