• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka Tactical

youngtikka

Private
Minuteman
Apr 4, 2011
Southern Manitoba
Hey everyone. Anyone have experience with a Tikka tactical in .308? Also, anyone heard about the muzzle brake's and how effective they are and if they affect accuracy?
Thanks

Re: Tikka Tactical

Love mine, it's a tac driver. Sako brake is pricey, but fuctions very well. Your shooting partners will hate you though if you put the brake on.

madd0c

The rifle is great. I have one and really like it. However, with current pricing on the Tactical, I would buy the Tikka Scout and then use the $500 bucks that I saved on the Scout towards the purchase of a KRG Whiskey 3 rifle stock.

The muzzle brake for the Tikka is from the Sako TRG. Sako only builds one size, which is for the .338 Lapua. The brake does a little to help with recoil and in my opinion the extra noise at the shooter due to the brake is not worth the nominal reduction in recoil.

RMW YOU"RE MY NEW BEST INTERNET FRIEND!

That's exactly what I was gonna say! Of course I have no personal experience with the Tac, but I did buy the Scout and put it in the Whiskey 3.

If you do a little searching you'll find that the factory stocks on Tikkas are crap. The tac has a better one but still not great and most replace them fairly quickly. All the actions are the same. Don't worry about the threaded barrel as it only fits the Sako muzzle break and you'd have to have a suppressor special made which then wouldn't work on anything else.

Definitely save some money and go with the scout. Only downside is 20" barrel, which really isn't a downside cuz you can still reach 1000 with it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: madd0c</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Love mine, it's a tac driver. Sako brake is pricey, but fuctions very well. Your shooting partners will hate you though if you put the brake on.

madd0c </div></div>

They do work great, but as Madd0c stated, the folks shooting around you will not thank you for using it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TxAg08</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Definitely save some money and go with the scout. Only downside is 20" barrel, which really isn't a downside cuz you can still reach 1000 with it. </div></div>

I don't think they even import the 24" version of the Tikka Tactical anymore.

The only difference between the CTR Scout and the Tactical these days is the Tactical has the adjustable cheek piece and threaded barrel.

Oh, and about $500 in price.
smile.gif

The accuracy from Tikkas are often that good that there is really no reason to replace the barrel, unless it's shot out.
This group is from my Tikka T3 Varmint in 6,5x55
Shot at hundred meters prone with bipods.
Adn yes,there is certainly guns that shoots far better than this, but as I am only into practical accuracy, this level is fine with me....and I don't shoot any better than this.
Håkan

252429_10150322279604408_680984407_9929379_8285756_n.jpg

Amen!

Only negative side (and even that is stretching it and nitpicking) is the stock and the magazine which should be way better for "tactical" in Tactical
smile.gif

If a short round is choosed I sould use a custom bottommetal and AICS mags. The stock I use are a TRG chassis, but KRGs version is probably best and nicest solution.

Håkan

I was hanging out with one of the KRG guys this weekend and we decided the best thing for me would be to go with the tikka and a KRG W3. I handled the stock and it is a great feeling stock. I cant wait to get a set up like this.