• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka Timney two stage for left hand?

Heysie

Private
Minuteman
Jan 7, 2019
Hi guys,

Just wanting to tap into the wealth of knowledge on here... does anyone know if timney offers their two stage trigger to suit left hand tikkas? Alternatively could you get a smith to modify a right hand one to work?

Ive emailed timney repeatedly but no response, so any help appreciated!

I emailed Timney several weeks ago and got an answer in about 2 hrs so don't know what has changed there.
They have told me in the past that if something is not listed as left hand, and you do not NEED or WANT a safety, simply remove the RH safety lever and install the trigger. There should be no need for a gunsmith, do it yourself. Hope this helps.
***FWIW there are other left hand 2-stage trigger options out there besides Timney.

Last edited:
I emailed Timney several weeks ago and got an answer in about 2 hrs so don't know what has changed there.
They have told me in the past that if something is not listed as left hand, and you do not NEED or WANT a safety, simply remove the RH safety lever and install the trigger. There should be no need for a gunsmith, do it yourself. Hope this helps.
***FWIW there are other left hand 2-stage trigger options out there besides Timney.
Thanks for the info! Can you possibly point me in the direction of other left hand 2 stage triggers for tikka? Cheers

The several that I have are Barnard from N.Z. but they are getting difficult to source now in the states.
It appears that Tommy Myers C.G. Extreme website has recently shutdown, no idea what is going on there?
Sako is supposed to have a 2-stage that fits.

OP check out the KRG site, they have a two stage Tikka trigger available. If a safety is needed by you they look to have one that fits down inside the front of the trigger guard, might make it work on a lefty.

OP check out the KRG site, they have a two stage Tikka trigger available. If a safety is needed by you they look to have one that fits down inside the front of the trigger guard, might make it work on a lefty.
They have a picture of it but they don't offer the bottom option any more.

If you want a midas to fit a lefty Tikka it needs a little bit of material milled out for the safety per KRG.

Quote from a pm with @Massoud
"Hello,
We did have the bottom safety but we had a couple issues with them. Guys had to put on the selector button after it was installed and that was kind of difficult and with it on you couldn't pull the barreled action from the stock. Unfortunately the safety lever on the right side will interfere with the lefty action as the action body has a cutout for the lever to clear. Sorry for the bad news but thank you for your interest,
Justin"

Reactions: Wizzer