• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka !!!!!!

Bubb

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 18, 2007
Pa, York co. Dover
Well going out west with some friends hunting mule deer. Buddy's first real big game hunt, had a old Springfield, which he never really shot and was on loan from a uncle. Short story picked up a tikka 30/06 in wood, my Nikon buck master mildot, on loan. First trip to the range we had him hitting 8x8 steel out to 500 with 165 corloc... That rifle really impressed me. Only thing to be desired is the tikka rings. Just as we where all happy and shot in rings came loose and scope slide. Every thing went off? So we are going to give a good cleaning to the bore, loc tight all base and ring screws and shoot in again. Zero at 200 first mil is dead on 300 2.25 mils is 400 and 3.5 was 500 . So as I remember. We wrote it down, but in the end yea tikka is okay in our book!

Yeah, most any rifle will not come with rings. Sako/Tikka could have left these off of their rifle as they are not the best rings to be had. Tighten the tops too much and they can bend the tube, not enough and they will slide. Most folks just go for Warne or Talley from the get.

The rifle itself is very nice out of the box.Excellent craftsmanship and attention to detail. As you have witnessed they can do great things with factory ammo, and working up hand loads is a breeze. You just shoot for pressure as most groups are MOA or less.

The twist is 1:11, you should see what that rifle will do with a 155 Lapua Scenar over about 50 grains of Varget. Like a laser with 30% less recoil than a 180 load.

Yeah, most any rifle will not come with rings. Sako/Tikka could have left these off of their rifle as they are not the best rings to be had. Tighten the tops too much and they can bend the tube, not enough and they will slide. Most folks just go for Warne or Talley from the get.

First thing I recommend to a lot of guys is ditching the rings and mounting a different base. You'd think for the quality that goes in they'd fix something as important as the base and rings. People would probably be willing to pay the incurred cost with it.

I have a T3 Lite in -06 and I went with the Talley one piece mount and rings. They are rock solid, and man that rifle shoots good!