• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Time for a new Chronograph - Need addt'l ideas...

ORD

Montani Semper Liberi
Minuteman
Nov 12, 2005
Morgantown, WV, USA
Hey guys,

Well, after several years of faithful service, my chrono bit the dust this past weekend. I loaned it, along with its stand, to a buddy of mine who somehow managed to knock it over/off the stand. The chrony now has a broken screen (LCD), broken skyscreen, and it is no longer functioning. It wasn't a terribly expensive unit when I bought it several years ago, so I am not too pissed about the loss, but I do need a replacement in the next few weeks.

I ran a search here and it seems like a lot of people are recommending the CED M2 with IR screens. I looked one over and it appears to be a great unit with all the features I could ever need/want and for a price, with the IR screens, of around $300 or less.

Aside from the CED M2, are there any other currently available options out there that I should consider for a budget of $350 give or take?

Re: Time for a new Chronograph - Need addt'l ideas...

The CED you mentioned is probably going to my next one.

I've ben thinking about upgrading my Competition Electronics to the ProChrono Digital and adding the USB interface. $120 for the chrony, 50 for the interface, 60 for the light kit (indoor use). I'm currently using a ProChrono Plus with no complaints.

I have had 2 of the chronys in the past. I don't have one now. 'Nuff said.

I use the CED M2 and so far its been pretty good, I really like the USB interface and can keep track of the velocity of several loads on my laptop.

Not impressed with the CED M2. I was an ammo Nazi at a major match and the chrono stage used 2 M2's. Both gave up the ghost during use.

I have a PACT Professional that's great.

i had a ced several years ago and had to return it and it still was'nt right when i got it back. sold it an bought a 35P. I'd just watch the forum an get a used 35P.
fwiw.

Also not impressed with my CED and also looking for a used 35P but its not easy.

Check out the PVM-21 which NECO sell...i thinking this might be the only option on the consumer market.

~Mike

I have the CED M2 and have had no problems or issues with it. At the range is given reliable readings when others have struggled..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dreamweaver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Check out the PVM-21 which NECO sell...i thinking this might be the only option on the consumer market.

~Mike </div></div>

Uh...ok. The PVM-21/PVM-08 at $750 is just a hair over (actually it is roughly DOUBLE) my budget. I also have used an Oehler 35P in the past and while they are truly excellent units...even used models are fetching a huge sum these days given the demand and almost non-existent availability (except on the used or NOS market). The last one I saw in good condition with printer was $650. There is one on GunBroker now for that same price + S&H. Again...too rich for my blood.

My M2 was defective out of the box, kept giving me errors. Sent it in for repair/replacement over a week ago. On the phone with them right now to check the status.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ORD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dreamweaver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Check out the PVM-21 which NECO sell...i thinking this might be the only option on the consumer market.

~Mike </div></div>

Uh...ok. The PVM-21/PVM-08 at $750 is just a hair over (actually it is roughly DOUBLE) my budget. I also have used an Oehler 35P in the past and while they are truly excellent units...even used models are fetching a huge sum these days given the demand and almost non-existent availability (except on the used or NOS market). The last one I saw in good condition with printer was $650. There is one on GunBroker now for that same price + S&H. Again...too rich for my blood. </div></div>

Sell you my 6 month old CED M2 with bag and original box for $175 + S&H.

~Mike

I got my M2 back from CED, they replaced the main unit, it was defective. Good service.