• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Time for a new scale

Fair chase

Private
Minuteman
Mar 10, 2021
Kentucky
My 40 year old RCBS 505 after hundreds of pounds of powder has finally given up.
I‘ve always thrown within a grain or 2 with my old Lyman measure put the pan on the 505 and trickled up.
Ive looked at electronic scales , but don’t think I’m willing to spend $500 to get the one I’ll be happy with.
So who makes a good sub $300 beam scale.
The 505 can still be had through Ohaus . Is it still a better scale than the Rcbs M500 ?

I just went from a 505 to a fx120i. Highly recommended going this route. It is a life changer. If you're determined to stick with a beam, PM me. Be happy to make you a deal on my 505.

I’m not sure I’d waste my time with a new-production, untuned beam scale. You’re probably better off going with a digital scale and a manual trickler (assuming you’re not a high- volume reloader).

Last edited:
Reactions: patriotnation

Creedmoor Sports TRX-925 Precision Reloading Scale.​

Yep. I throw with an RCBS Link and then trickle up with a Dandy Trickler onto a TRX925. It isn’t perfect, as it seems you really have to stay on top of the TRX for drift, but if I take my time it works for my needs. It is definitely not a high volume set up.

Go on EBay.

You will find an almost new still on the box , us made, reloading scale.

I use a beautiful 10-10 I got from EBay that's in perfect condition.

A quick search....

Reactions: mtrmn
I cannot even believe we are talking about beam scales in the year 2024.

I’m old-fashioned and do lots of things the old-fashioned way draw a line somewhere

My curly corded push button phone worked fine too so did my flip phone, but to each his own

Had a digital scale. Nothing special, a Dillon digital.

Due to electrical interference it never gave me repeatable confidence.

I never spent the money for some of the beautiful digital scales out there but I don’t need to as I have full confidence in my antigue 10-10 and my Dillon balance.

Reactions: secondofangle2