• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Suppressors Time frame for NFA - Dealer mailing a Suppressor?

Dead Down Wind

Private
Minuteman
Jul 8, 2011
I was approved for my AWC .30cal Thunder Trap tax stamp February 1st 2012:) i am now wondering how long it will take to go from NFA - Dealer - Me?

Any thoughts????

Thank you all!

Re: Time frame for NFA - Dealer mailing a Suppressor?

"If it fit's it ships in 3 - 5 business days" then a phone call and however long it takes you to drive there. For an exact answer have the MFG provide a tracking # and you'll know.

Cheers,

Doc

I might be reading it wrong but do you mean the NFA has approved your paperwork and you want to know how long it takes them to mail it back to your Class 3 dealer?

I am guessing he means the D to D transfer is done now he needs to wait on the form 4 which takes about 6 mos now. Just guessing

I have been approved by the Colorado Examiner and he told me that he was m,ailing my tax stamp to the dealer where i purchased my AWC. I was told by Angela at NFA that they send out the stamps within 3-5 days after approval.

How long from NFA - Dealer?

Thank you!<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I might be reading it wrong but do you mean the NFA has approved your paperwork and you want to know how long it takes them to mail it back to your Class 3 dealer? </div></div>

Yes!

Thank you!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: doc76251</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Manufacturer = MFG

Cheers,

Doc</div></div>

Doc,

The dealer already has the can in hand!
Thank you!

Kevin

Depending how far away you are by mail it can take anywhere from 3-20 days for them to get it back to you. Ive had some approved and two days later have it in hand, but I have been given the approval date and not seen my stamp for 20 days. Thats the government for you though! They do it on their time.

I was approved February 1st and i received my can on February 12th.

Woot woot!!!

Best of luck to all of you on your wiat times, i hope they one day speed up the process!

Kevin

dead down wind, when did you fist submit your paper work?

How did the whole dealer going out of business fiasco play out?