• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Time to buy hicap mags?

ShortRangeSniper

Private
Minuteman
Jul 31, 2010
Not trying to start an internet rumor here, but given the recent shootings, anybody think it is time to purchase some extra hi-cap (more than 10 rounds) mags? As I see it we have two possibilities, both driven by the recent shootings. First, actual legislation taking us all back to 10 round magazines. Second, 'opportunists' and internet rumor mongers starting prices climbing and a sudden surge in mag purchases. If anyone needs an excuse to convince the wife a purchase is needed,this is the time. I just picked up a third mag for all of my pistols that i only had two mags for.

Re: Time to buy hicap mags?

buy all you'll need plus 2 now , so you wont have to game it later!

Jeeze buddy leave some for the rest of us!

Three is <span style="font-style: italic">NOT</span> the magic number.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tom Olson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">30 is more like it,,, </div></div>

Zero is your friend.

Give it a rest. I have heard this same song back to ....ok I am 51 years old. If you dont have a closet full of primers and 100 mags at home you are either a victim or poor investor depending on when you purchased.....Buy low after the other guys got into debt panic buying....cash is always king and people will always be in debt over their head.

Not matter what the nra, baptist church and fox news say the world will not end next tuesday. stay vigilante and prepared...

I wonder where it mentions panic buying on that Mayan calendar.

Just how many magazines do I need for my revolvers?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kraigWY</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just how many magazines do I need for my revolvers? </div></div>

LOTS!! Lots and lots...no wait a minute...buy more revolvers. Lots and lots of revolvers!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kraigWY</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just how many magazines do I need for my revolvers?</div></div>
Cute
Kraig, it's a a good thing we know you better than that.. Hahaha
........SmokeRolls

Yeah i know, three mags is nothing except one more than two. The guns i shoot a lot have five or so (pistols), and i got ar, hk91, and ps90 mags o'plenty. Ammo and ammo fixens i got plenty.

Hey, the more i can get 'wife buy-in', the more i can explain how,i 'accidentally' bought that gun on gun broker.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TF160 Guy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Before we get too far down the road, who decreed what is "high capacity"? </div></div>

"High capacity" is NewSpeak for whatever arbitrary number of rounds is thought to be manageable as a risk in the hands of the individual by some of our less benevolent lawmakers. Currently, in the minds of some, it's more than ten rounds in the US of A, eleven rounds being the point at which one begins to grow horns and stink of sulfur.

I jumped ahead of this after the last ban expired.

Ive got duffle bags filled with high cap mags for every gun I own and every gun I might want to own. Ive got 30 M1A mags and I dont even own one.

I dont trust or government as far as I can throw them.

Hard to say what will happen, I've stocked up twice now from political rumors and potential bans, think I still have primers! I was also traveling and shooting IPSC competitions during the high cap ban and we were having to pay 100 bucks for high cap mag kits! So it can't hurt to stock up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The sky isn't falling. </div></div>

+1 but you cannot ever have too many mags, three is nothing big spender
smile.gif

I stepped on a piece of sky just yesterday.

It's easy to say we shouldn't stock up, given the fact that we can. In the middle of President C-word's black-gun ban, we were singin' a different tune. If that hadn't lifted, we'd be a sad lot.

BUY BUY BUY. You can sell later when you're convinced our government is trustworthy. (that was a joke).

Stock up on things that you know you will need anyway and try to find them at the best deal. I have found that waiting for things that are in high demand is sometimes $$ way cheaper

They have been available all these years and they will continue to be.

<span style="font-size: 14pt">They're NOT hi-cap!
They're <span style="font-weight: bold">NOT</span> hi-cap!
They're <span style="font-weight: bold">NOT</span> hi-cap!</span>

OE magazines are <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">STANDARD</span></span> capacity. Hi-Cap is a term used by gun-grabbers to give the impression that there's something wrong with the capacity of OE magazines.

Every time you parrot their use of the term, you're strengthening their position and undermining RKBA.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: highridge1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They have been available all these years and they will continue to be. </div></div>

And yet there's no harm in hedging bets.

Good grief. I don't care what they're called or whose terminology I use. I doubt one of us saying "assault rifle" on this web-site is going to fuel very many liberal fires. Besides the OP defined hi-cap in the body of his text. I'd also have to agree that a 33 round Glock mag IS Hi-cap, that's why I have two.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Miles2go</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I stepped on a piece of sky just yesterday.</div></div>LOL!

Yes, I suppose it depends on whether your head is inverted.
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Miles2go</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good grief. I don't care what they're called or whose terminology I use. I doubt one of us saying "assault rifle" on this web-site is going to fuel very many liberal fires.</div></div>

Why give aid and comfort to the enemy?

The time is <span style="font-style: italic">always</span> right to purchase full-capacity magazines, especially if a good deal can be found. Magazines are essentially consumable items, so always have more of them on hand than you think you need.

Just buy em. At some point it makes sense to just buy another gun so you have replicates of the gun itself.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jdr724</div><div class="ubbcode-body">At some point it makes sense to just buy another gun so you have replicates of the gun itself. </div></div>

I looked at buying spare parts for a couple of Glocks, and quickly came to the conclusion that simply buying spare guns was arguably a more economical path.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lofty</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I jumped ahead of this after the last ban expired.

Ive got duffle bags filled with high cap mags for every gun I own and every gun I might want to own. Ive got 30 M1A mags and I dont even own one.

I dont trust or government as far as I can throw them.</div></div>

This +1
I have 30 mags for my 10-22 (s)..
Not counting anything else.. LOL

I'm going to take some time off to read the rules more thoroughly.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ShortRangeSniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not trying to start an internet rumor here, but given the recent shootings, anybody think it is time to purchase some extra hi-cap (more than 10 rounds) mags? As I see it we have two possibilities, both driven by the recent shootings. First, actual legislation taking us all back to 10 round magazines. Second, 'opportunists' and internet rumor mongers starting prices climbing and a sudden surge in mag purchases. If anyone needs an excuse to convince the wife a purchase is needed,this is the time. I just picked up a third mag for all of my pistols that i only had two mags for. </div></div>

Why even ask? Are you trying to start a 'self fulfilling prophecy'?

If you feel like you need to buy them then by them. Don't bump your post count with useless sludge.
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RoosterShooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ShortRangeSniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not trying to start an internet rumor here, but given the recent shootings, anybody think it is time to purchase some extra hi-cap (more than 10 rounds) mags? As I see it we have two possibilities, both driven by the recent shootings. First, actual legislation taking us all back to 10 round magazines. Second, 'opportunists' and internet rumor mongers starting prices climbing and a sudden surge in mag purchases. If anyone needs an excuse to convince the wife a purchase is needed,this is the time. I just picked up a third mag for all of my pistols that i only had two mags for. </div></div>

Why even ask? Are you trying to start a 'self fulfilling prophecy'?

If you feel like you need to buy them then by them. Don't bump your post count with useless sludge.
laugh.gif
</div></div>

I don't think thst's gonna be a problem for a while.

Im sitting on a dozen or so on each of my pistols that will take em . Im more concerned with all the ammo collectors out there . Guys are buying thousands of rounds that will only get used if the damn house catches fire.