• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos Time to move on...

Re: M40A3

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 7mmRM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice rifle, but what makes it an M40A3? </div></div>

Thought this myself.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Johnny Lately</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 7mmRM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice rifle, but what makes it an M40A3? </div></div>

Thought this myself. </div></div>

Glad to know I'm not the only one who thought that.

Some company's call a rifle an M40, I assume for marketing and it sticks.

url]

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 9fingers</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
url]

This is a M40a3</div></div>
that's a pretty wild paint job man. very nice

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: drunkhumpinmonkey</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 9fingers</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
url]

that's a pretty wild paint job man. very nice </div></div>
I see USO rings
wink.gif

Nice looking rifle though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: _Shay_ ©</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: drunkhumpinmonkey</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 9fingers</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
url]

I see USO rings
wink.gif

Nice looking rifle though.</div></div>
its a spec remake for the Unertl scope... 8000000 year old design

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Johnny Lately</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 7mmRM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice rifle, but what makes it an M40A3? </div></div>

Thought this myself. </div></div>

Me too.

Is there ANYTHING M40A3-spec on this rifle? I'm confused....

And why are the rings on backwards and why is the scope horribly canted in the rings?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: drunkhumpinmonkey</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: _Shay_ ©</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: drunkhumpinmonkey</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 9fingers</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
url]

I see USO rings
wink.gif

Nice looking rifle though.</div></div>
its a spec remake for the Unertl scope... 8000000 year old design</div></div>
Nope, you can see the rail under it with picatinny rails.
Wrong either way.

Green stock + black metal = M40A3? Maybe?

Change the title, you make yourself look stupid.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Teggy1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Trying to make oneself feel better after getting screwed at Cabelas for $1700.00?

</div></div>

BOOM!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 105Amatt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The scope looks canted to the left. Looks like Burris extreme rings to me. </div></div>

It is indeed canted like a crack whore's hips. And the Burris XTRs are on backwards.

Dude, I really hope someone didn't sell you those rings for 150 bucks & tell you they were Badger's. Although I'm guessing if that is the case, you may not have done so hot on the rest of the rifle either.

The best part is his job....and he posts this. I don't think I will be attending his school.....lol

Check out my M40A3000 and I know the scope sucks but worry not, a counter sniper scope is on the way. I got it for a steal at $65000 because it was a gov contract overrun. I know what you're all thinking, how can I spend $67 G's on a weapon? well with a CS scope and this animantium rocket firing sniper rifle in my hands, I, a true american warrior, committed to liberty, can annihilate those who deny it to others and that my friends is priceless

url]

My question to everyone is..... With all the observations being made, (I called this out yesterday, just figured I had been beat to it at that point) why has nobody pointed out the fake Leupy???? Was that an egay special?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: drunkhumpinmonkey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My question to everyone is..... With all the observations being made, (I called this out yesterday, just figured I had been beat to it at that point) why has nobody pointed out the fake Leupy???? Was that an egay special? </div></div>

How can you tell by looking at it, it doesn't show anything to me as being a fake.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 9fingers</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
url]

This is a M40a3 </div></div>

Agreed... I thought the same when I read M40A3... Not with that stock.... and that scope looks to be as crooked as my C@CK... to the left... time to switch to the right I guess.. BAHHAHAHAHA

I like it a lot. Don't get me wrong, I like the McMillan A5 stock. However, I think the B/C is a little lighter which is always nice, and not as expensive. Plus, you can get the stock quicker than from McMillan. Not a hit on McMillan, because they are providing for a lot of folks, but it does take a bit.

Plus, it is a little cheaper than the McMillan as well.

Hey, shooting you a PM.

But to add...

Yup, going to change it to just "Remington 700 .308", but I've been watching it for a few days myself.

It was only my second post to this forum ( first one was this one... http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2587578#Post2587578 ), and I was interested in seeing what kind of responses I would get. Also, once I saw the dogpiling that instantly takes place, I thought I would see how far it goes. No sense in responding when I'm watching when I'm getting a feel for how the forum operates.

Also, it is always interesting to see the judgements that are made off of reading a couple items on a forum profile, and feeding off of others without even sending a to the generator of the post. Particularly, when nothing is known about the individual that posted it.

Yes, I know it is not a true M40A3, but I can tell you that there is no better way to see what you get back on a forum such as this one than put something that is not what it is titled.

What I was hoping to see was more informative detail/education on what an M40A3 truly is vs. a few links to some online pictures and replies stating that it is not an "M40A3". Shoot, even was referred to as a dipshit, and haven't even said a word yet.

This was compiled by ingnorance of "mpmilton" referring to DoD tracking techniques and the border problem. The ignorance there was really astounding, considering that DHS handles the border with CBP, ICE, BP, etc. and not DoD.

This is addition to someone trying to identify the optic as a "fake Leupold" without anything that backs it up.

This is actually a called a "Mark 7" by the manufacturer, and it has some features based on various rifles, to include the M40A3.

I will say it was nice to see many pick up on the fact it wasn't a true "M40A3", however disappointed in the responses I have been seeing.

Get pissy if you like, but there are a lot of forums out there. I like to see how the forum flows before I waist time getting deeply involved with it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tracker275</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I like it a lot.</div></div>

That's all that really matters.

Like a herd of chickens on a june bug is how this place operates hahahaha

hahaha....yeah...yah know...I think I picked up on that...haha

Also, noticed that there seems to be a lot of activity on here, especially considering how many posts I got on mine.

All-in-all though, I think I might enjoy this forum...however, unless the admins/moderators decide to give me the boot...which who knows, that may happen. I don't know how the admins/moderators operate on this forum yet.

Oh don't get your panties in a wad. It was obviously a joke.

If you don't want to hear negative criticism, then don't put it on the internet for the world to see.

If my joke offended you then I apologize
smile.gif

Ah hell, none taken here. However, didn't know you were joking, and thought you were serious.

I live in SE Arizona. My house is about...oh...10-miles from Mexico. Live just a ways west of Douglas, AZ/Agua Prieta, Mexico.

We see more than our share of folks that come down here and think things like you mentioned. Which is why I thought you were just another complete retarded fucktard in reference to the border.

As far as the negative criticism, if you read what I wrote again, I personally did not receive any that had much merit.

No issues on my end.