• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos Time to move on...

Re: M40A3

Gave me a good idea of how things operate on here, don't you think???

Also, notice I didn't go into some sort of "defend myself" mode, and waited for awhile to see what all would get said. Also, how many "dog-pilers" there would be. Noticed there were several.

No biggie

hahaha....yeah, good point...
grin.gif

...does go both ways...good shit though, besides...folks can't be all fuck'n serious and uptight all the time.

....you'll end up like this guy!!!

url]

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tracker275</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
It was only my second post to this forum ( first one was this one... http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2587578#Post2587578 ), and I was interested in seeing what kind of responses I would get. Also, once I saw the dogpiling that instantly takes place, I thought I would see how far it goes. No sense in responding when I'm watching when I'm getting a feel for how the forum operates.

Also, it is always interesting to see the judgements that are made off of reading a couple items on a forum profile, and feeding off of others without even sending a to the generator of the post. Particularly, when nothing is known about the individual that posted it.

Yes, I know it is not a true M40A3, but I can tell you that there is no better way to see what you get back on a forum such as this one than put something that is not what it is titled.

What I was hoping to see was more informative detail/education on what an M40A3 truly is vs. a few links to some online pictures and replies stating that it is not an "M40A3". Shoot, even was referred to as a dipshit, and haven't even said a word yet.

I will say it was nice to see many pick up on the fact it wasn't a true "M40A3", however disappointed in the responses I have been seeing.

Get pissy if you like, but there are a lot of forums out there. I like to see how the forum flows before I waist time getting deeply involved with it. </div></div>

Dude, chill.

Being a new guy anywhere, but especially here, and starting it off with a self-proclaimed and obviously erroneous baiting post to elicit responses from the members is just a bad way to start off.

True, not much is known about you, the original poster, except from what can be gleamed from your profile and bio on your website link. However, to blatantly declare the rifle in the pictures you posted as an M40A3 while it obviously is not automatically does not put you in high regards with the members on this forum. Many on here are current or former Marine Corps Scout/Snipers (I am neither by the way) and the M40 series rifles in general are held to a venerable status due to its history.

If you truly want more information or knowledge from this forum and its members, ask, or better yet, use the search function. I do and continue to learn and progress within the precision shooting field and gain knowledge about the tools and history of the military trade craft. But if you're just going to continue and try playing mind games, maybe you would be just wasting your time here...and mine too, by the way, as I search "M40" on a regular basis here and would like relevant and informative posts from the search results, not threads such as this one.

Anyway, welcome to the forum, hope you gain from your participation here and maybe help others when possible.

Cheers.

Ken

Ken,

Your beating a dead horse. I think the posts on here have moved on already.

this seems to be a testament to how far this site has fallen....

this asshat wants to play games like where's waldo with his run of the mill 700 that not only isnt even close to a "m40a3", it doesnt even have the parts on it that are listed in "the build".

do you think this site is loaded with mall ninjas that have no clue what the hell they're talking about? i'm just not sure what the hell you are trying to pull here but you are making yourself look like an asshole.

make it a paying subscription frank.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Killswitch engage</div><div class="ubbcode-body">this seems to be a testament to how far this site has fallen....

this asshat wants to play games like where's waldo with his run of the mill 700 that not only isnt even close to a "m40a3", it doesnt even have the parts on it that are listed in "the build".

do you think this site is loaded with mall ninjas that have no clue what the hell they're talking about? i'm just not sure what the hell you are trying to pull here but you are making yourself look like an asshole.

make it a paying subscription frank..... </div></div>

Hey Killswitch,

Thought we moved on?

Nice to meet you, by the way. Now, take a fuck'n chill pill, because you are getting bent out of shape over something stupid that you really don't need to get worked up about.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tracker275</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Killswitch engage</div><div class="ubbcode-body">this seems to be a testament to how far this site has fallen....

make it a paying subscription frank..... </div></div>

Hey Killswitch,

Thought we moved on?

Nice to meet you, by the way. Now, take a fuck'n chill pill, because you are getting bent out of shape over something stupid that you really don't need to get worked up about. </div></div>

i think you want to move on and you obviously should after some stupid shit like that....

this must be the new way to get your post count up!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: el gordo2</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: drunkhumpinmonkey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My question to everyone is..... With all the observations being made, (I called this out yesterday, just figured I had been beat to it at that point) why has nobody pointed out the fake Leupy???? Was that an egay special? </div></div>

How can you tell by looking at it, it doesn't show anything to me as being a fake.</div></div>
Look at the knobs..... But then again I could be wrong as I'm not a Leupy fanboy....
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tracker275</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey, shooting you a PM.

But to add...

Yup, going to change it to just "Remington 700 .308", but I've been watching it for a few days myself.

It was only my second post to this forum ( first one was this one... http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2587578#Post2587578 ), and I was interested in seeing what kind of responses I would get. Also, once I saw the dogpiling that instantly takes place, I thought I would see how far it goes. No sense in responding when I'm watching when I'm getting a feel for how the forum operates.

Also, it is always interesting to see the judgements that are made off of reading a couple items on a forum profile, and feeding off of others without even sending a to the generator of the post. Particularly, when nothing is known about the individual that posted it.

Yes, I know it is not a true M40A3, but I can tell you that there is no better way to see what you get back on a forum such as this one than put something that is not what it is titled.

What I was hoping to see was more informative detail/education on what an M40A3 truly is vs. a few links to some online pictures and replies stating that it is not an "M40A3". Shoot, even was referred to as a dipshit, and haven't even said a word yet.

This was compiled by ingnorance of "mpmilton" referring to DoD tracking techniques and the border problem. The ignorance there was really astounding, considering that DHS handles the border with CBP, ICE, BP, etc. and not DoD.

This is addition to someone trying to identify the optic as a "fake Leupold" without anything that backs it up.

This is actually a called a "Mark 7" by the manufacturer, and it has some features based on various rifles, to include the M40A3.

I will say it was nice to see many pick up on the fact it wasn't a true "M40A3", however disappointed in the responses I have been seeing.

Get pissy if you like, but there are a lot of forums out there. I like to see how the forum flows before I waist time getting deeply involved with it.</div></div>
Hmmm seems you wouldn't fit in here anyway, but if you would like to know what makes an M40a3, start with a clipslotted 700 SA, add a schneider 25" (24 from the lug) 610 barrel, SS w/ 6 groove and land (button rifled), DD Ross recoil lug, ground 2* each side per spec, DD Ross lugged 30 MOA pic rail, badger USMC 34mm rings, DD Ross bottom metal (some have badger m5 and a NV mount) in a McMillan A4 sniper fill..... Metal DuraCoated black and krylon'd 5 other colors. A karsten cheek piece, topped with a S&B M8541. Oh yeah, the barrel is chambered 7.62 NATO........ Of course this all has to be done by an armorer...

The way you first posted to get a "feel" wasn't exactly what I would do, but hey, maybe you enjoy getting kicked in the balls. Good luck in your travels

Mmmm...and why do I care about my post count???

Does that give me a coffee cup, hat, or something???

You are way too worked up for no reason.

So, instead of looking up the information on the M40, which is explained to the last detail here, you decided to test the waters and see how mean people will be to you for purposely posting a dumbass topic and a rifle that is clearly not an M40. Wow! WTF! You claim you posted the picture "seeking more informative detail/education on what an M40A3 truly is" Yet there is no mention of this in your topic or post.
Dude, are you serious?
This would be the equivalent of me going to a muscle car forum, posting a pic of a pink smart car(assuming thats what you drive)claiming its a 69' GTO to get people to give me more info and details on a real GTO.
What a puss.
Grow some thicker skin or move on to another forum guy. Maybe you'll find one that flows red a week a month at pussieshide. Might suit you better.
Damn, this got long.

dammit I just noticed he moved on
shocked.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tracker275</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...however, unless the admins/moderators decide to give me the boot...</div></div>

Probably good he left. Strange person.

What I have seen in my short time on here is that the vast majority of the members know what their talking about and have the skills and the expertise to back it up however they expect or assume that most people here have background in either long range or Sniping so there quick to spot a fake or call someone out that maybe a pouge/poser so take it with a grain of salt there’s a lot knowledge here you just have to figure out how to approach it , so don’t pop smoke and exercise your E&E plan just yet